Blood Potency
    ●●
    Presence: Bewitching ●●●●●
    Striking Looks: Tempting ●●●●
    Distinct Voice: Honeyed ●●●●
    Velma Star

PRE

The Hangar Studios

The large building front stood in front of Velma. The Hangar Studios were an old warehouse turned music studio. The outside of the building seemed to lack the proper upkeep with a few humidity patches showing up as well as the lack of paint in a few spots making it appear slightly unkempt. It was not a derelict place, far from it, but whoever came here to record an album was not expecting to have the finest in technology and infrastructures at their disposal… the rent was cheap, the owners were friendly and the other musicians that gathered around the place made good company.

Velma was dressed in a casual and comfortable outfit, the cab had just dropped her near the front, she had signaled the owner and engineer upfront, all that she needed was to wait for her company to arrive. In the meanwhile she heard the previous group that was just about leaving the place, their rent time had just finished, they were a local heavy metal band who seemed to be regulars around here.

Velma lighted up a cigarette, for a moment the beast inside her revolved and tried to turn her stomach around and make her drop the zippo. It didn’t matter if Velma smoked a pack a day, she would never get used to it.

After expelling the first gout of smoke her initial worries about the place seemed to dissipate just as the grey cloud seemed to disappear in the cold night air.

Velma looked around, Callum McCann should be arriving soon.
    Velma Star*
    STATUS CITY: Harpy ●●● | STATUS DAEVA: ● | STATUS INVICTUS: Lady ●●

S
    Sabeleth

It wasn't long before another cab pulled up, the familiar figure of Callum McCann stepping out onto the sidewalk after handing over a few bills. He wore a t-shirt and jeans, about as casual as he got, and smiled as he approached Velma. The creature within complained about both the more powerful beast, and the lit cigarette, but since he was getting to know the other Daeva it didn't take much to keep the thing under control.

As far as the recording studio went it was much like every other he had seen over the course of his career. Mostly these places differed in the quality of their staff, rather than their equipment. If the other musicians recognised him they were polite enough to keep it to themselves, and he made a beeline for the beautiful woman who had invited him here.

"Good evening Miss Star, it's wonderful to see you again. How've you been?" It would be hard not to be pleased in the presence of such a striking woman. Idly he wondered why she still bothered to smoke. Maybe it was to show she had the guts, or maybe old habits died really hard.

Blood Potency
    ●●
    Velma Star

PRE

Velma watched her blood related cousin leave the cab and approach, she forced her beast into submission, the last thing she wanted was to enter frenzy around so many people. She took one last breath of her cigarette before Callum actually arriving near her, after that the red ember rested down bellow between her fingers.

“Hello Mr. McCann. Good evening.” She greeted Callum with a friendly and casual smile.

“I’m alright, thank you for asking, I hope all is fine with you as well. And most importantly, thank you for showing up!” The Daeva finished her greeting with the usual pleasantries.

“I must confess I’m quite excited with the prospect of practicing again…” with that she turned to Callum while walking near the entrance, her eyes floated around the outside to see if someone or something was missing.

“It looks like we are on our own for a couple of hours. We should really make the most of it!” and with that she gently pressed her hands against one another and warmed them up a bit, the cigarette deftly stood between her fingers, it’s tip burning slow.

“Any ideas about how and where we should start?”
    Velma Star*

S
    Sabeleth

Callum smiled. "No complaints. Glad to hear you're well Miss Star, and thanks for the invitation. I'm looking forward to spending some time with you doing what we do best."

He stepped up to her with a twinkle in his eyes. "Sure, I've got a few ideas. Kinda depends on what sort of music you'd like to sing to. I've worked in lots of different genres, and I've got a bit of skill in a few instruments, although I'm better with my voice." He shrugged. "Why don't we head inside and have a bit of a jam to start with?"

The idea of spending some time alone with Velma Star was entirely pleasing to Cal, who certainly hoped to make the most of it. Two talented Daeva in one room was a recipe for something wonderful in his opinion. as they walked inside he took a look around at the equipment and whistled lightly. "Good job I payed attention during my recording sessions!"

Blood Potency
    ●●
    Velma Star

PRE

I look forward to spend some time with you doing what we do best? I look forward to spend some time with you doing what we do best? What do I do best?

The idea and words repeated inside her head a few times.

I should have rented an hotel room… not a studio!

As Callum moves inside he can feel Velma’s delicate fingers gently grabbing his arm.

“Please, here you can call me Velma.” She says without waiting for him to turn his back to look at her.

When Callum begun watching the entire apparel the Daeva started to wonder just how much had changed in a century...

”Well, I guess I just need to put these and sing, right!” her hand grabs a pair of headsets and she moves close to the microphone.

”Callum, if you don’t know what all those buttons do I can call the guy outside, I guess we can convince him to operate those things for us if needed.”
    Velma Star*

S
    Sabeleth

"Alright then, Velma it is, and you can call me Cal." It instantly morphed in his head into Paul Simon singing "You can call me Al", but he wasn't sure how Velma would take that. So for the moment it remained nothing more than an amusing word association in his head.

"You'd think. It really ought to be that simple." He moved over and checked the levels. "Still tuned in for those last guys, but that shouldn't affect us too much."

Cal watched her working the headphones. "My old bassist used to say that all the techs really do is slide a switch every so often to make it look like they know what they're doing." He shook his head. "Wouldn't surprise me you know."

He moved over to join Velma and started to set up a second microphone. "Let's see how it goes, and call the guy if we need him. Now. Did you want me to play something in the background?" There were a few guitars of various types, drums and a drum kit, a few tamborines, and a keyboard sitting off to one side. "Or we can just sing something together. Anything you really need to get out of your system?"

Blood Potency
    ●●
    Velma Star

PRE

“Oh! No way Cal, first pick is on you!

“You made the effort of coming, so it will be up to you.”
    Velma offered politely to her singing partner allowing him to have it his way.

“I have yet to hear some of your songs!” she added, as if the idea of singing some of Callum’s hits was something she had given thought and that she could find interesting.
    Velma Star*

S
    Sabeleth

Cal smiled, the opportunity to appease his Pride was something he couldn't simply ignore. "Well in that case Miss Star, why don't I sing you one of my favourites and you can let me know what you think? It's probably a million miles away from your sort of music, but what the hell. We're going to live forever, so let's embrace the change."

Taking the microphone he waited a few moments before starting off on an acoustic version of one of his personal favourites.

Lucifer

It was a powerful piece, and the lyrics seemed rather appropriate to the kindred condition.

OOC:

Blood Potency
    ●●
    Velma Star

PRE

[…]
    You're working hard for the devil
    You're picking up the sweat
    Hard for the devil
    You got no shame
    You are my Lucifer
    Getting high from a paper back
    You are my Lucifer
    A shocking clam creeping on your backs
    […]

Cal’s voice came alive and kick started her heart! The sound and the lyrics were quite powerful.

Velma was quite pleased with what she was listening, even if it was not Jazz… It was music!

Of particular interest was the passion that Callum seemed to deliver on each word he sang and each accord he strung. The lyrics were singular, and for a moment the succubus wondered if they weren’t part of some past episode on the incubus life.

Velma keeps listening until the very end, attentive and focused in the singer and the song. Her blue eyes seemed to try to gauge and weight his soul… or rather Callum’s artistic rapport.

When silence came the clapping of Velma’s meek hands showed how pleasant she was with the result.

“Nice” she said. For those that knew her that was how Velma expressed her true feelings. Simple one word compliments meant an entire world, especially when Velma was known to show little appreciation for idle flattery.
    Velma Star*

S
    Sabeleth

Callum gave a little bow and a warm smile. "Thanks, I'm really proud of that one." Oh yes he was. "Probably my favourite piece of work over the last decade. It wasn't as critically accalimed as some of my other stuff, but I always thought it was better. I rarely see a music review I agree with anyway, you know? The really weird thing is how much it still speaks to me, I mean I started working on it before my embrace, and then it took on a whole new life of its own." As he spoke about the song he became animated in a way that Velma hadn't seen before. It was as if a window had opened up into what remained of his soul, and the insides were spilling out into the studio. So very....Daeva.

"Anyway I'm glad you like it Velma. Like I've said before, musical tastes are so hard to predict, but I guess I feel that if the song really speaks to the artist then the passion is set free. Then it's hard not to love a song, even if you would normally never have chosen to listen to it in the first place." He was quite earnest when he wanted to be.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread