Ended
Watch

Hedge Hunting

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 4 of 19 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... Last
    S
    Selena

“Thaaaaaaat’s a pack of lies.” The little guy sneered and stuck out his tongue. “Buy me chocolate if you ever see me again, that’s like a chance in a million.” Shaking his head in disbelief. “Who said I even liked candy, I’m a fruit kinda person.”

The spinning of the frisbee on his finger became faster. Not once did it waver or slow down. “Someone should yell at him for being all rude!” Pointing at John with his free hand.

The same hand moved to rub his chin thoughtfully with a mischievous grin on his face. “Long words huh? Lady do you know sesquipedalian means?” He giggled sharply and waggled his brows.

“And whuz the dealio with the parents thing. Yas think if I cared I’d be over here?” He shrugged and smiled to the people gathered. “Sides, you’re like way more fun ya knows?”

Looking at Morgan with a eager grin, he was quick to jump back to the fun stuff "So back to this maze thingy...."

2 Suxx tie goes to defender
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-11-04 17:28:54 ST NPC rolls 7 to Meanie? (10 Again) 3, 10, 1, 6, 6, 10, 2, 2, 7 2 successes

T
    Theseeker

What about bringing the little boy with us, I bet he will love the Hedge. thinks John, the situation was clearly out of control, he was always an outcast, after the suffering in Arcadia things didn't get any better. He could give advice regarding politics, but he had no chance to lie or scare the boy off. Let's go for the bore strategy them:
    "Well my friends, what do you think about the argle bargle Historical Materialism theory? I believe it could be used to great effect in our argle bargle capitalist society, specially if you realize the other left-winged option would be anarchism that could lead to a situation similar to that in Thomas Hobbes' Leviathan." that was gross, but the boy might eventually get confused "Or we could try some argle bargle centrist ideologies"

G
    Greebs

Mal stared. not sure if she was going to spontaneously erupt a Crimson Mantle, or just suffer an aneurysm. "That would be nice," she said tightly through gritted teeth, trying to muster up some false cheer. Treating his attempt at sarcasm with the contempt it deserved by ignoring it completely. "Why don't you try that."

They had made her into a Wolf. A Pack animal. The idea of squabbling over status within the 'pack' came naturally to her. Regardless of his opinion on the behaviour of 'normal persons', his actions had shown a complete lack of respect and, well, putting aside her animal instincts basic manners. Not challenging the behaviour was tantamount to license.

Tearing her attention away from the idiot darkling as he did her the favour of ignoring her and directed his ire apparently at a small child, who she regarded coolly as the others tried to bribe, scare and obfusticate into leaving. There was something about him. His persistence? His mannerisms? Something that was rubbing her the wrong way. Much as she wanted to like him after that last remark about the Moonborn's manners.

Her eyes were drawn to the frisbee as she watched it spin and spin and spin ... and spin.

Physics does not work that way.

Go for your dice, Warp Spawn!
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-11-05 12:59:25 Malory Grey rolls 1 die for initiative 2

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan just sighed, this was getting VERY frustrating. Burned some glamour for nothing it seems. Guess it ain't my lucky day. If we can't get rid of this kid--wait a minute. WHY do we HAVE to go in NOW? We can leave, get a coffee, and come back in a hour and the kid'll be gone--what did John just say. Um...think that has something to do with Marxism, maybe? I hope I don't have to fake talking about that stuff.

Looking at the kid, Morgan decided to try doing something different. Maybe he'll respond better to being treated like an adult. "Oh, sorry, but like I said, we THOUGHT there was a maze here but we were wrong. We seem to have been misinformed as this is where we were told it was, yet it is not here. That's all we know sadly, if it even exists. If you want to know more you''ll have to ask others, such as a park employee or your parents. Also, we'd like a little privacy amongst ourselves. Would you kindly give us that privacy by leaving us alone? I am not going to insult you with alluded bribes, I am only going ask you in a respectful manner to please depart from our company whilst we have a discussion amongst ourselves. So, would you please be kind enough to leave?".

OOC: Wow, that kid has a huge dice pool for resisting manipulation.

A
    Ambrose

Lou shook his head, this whole situation was totally ridiculous... A smartass kid, who is being threatened by a darkling, who is in turn being threatened by a beast with no sense of self-restraint... I did not sign up for this kind of bullshit. However, Morgan appeared to be making some attempt at persuading the kid, so LLewelyn shut his mouth, watched on and nodded every so often in agreement to what she was saying.

S
    Selena

Whatever Ambrose was saying didn’t go over the little boy’s head. He just shrugged and could have cared less. Instead he spun the Frisbee on his little digits faster.

“You’re suuuuuuuuuuure it’s not here?” His little head cocked looking at Morgan with an enthused smile. He wasn’t so sarcastic to the girl who was actually talking sense.

“Sanks for not insulting me lady. Cause it takes more than candy to bribe me yas knows.” The little guy smiled with a look of delight in his eyes. Perhaps he was thinking of what he’d really take for a bribe. “You didn’t think this was all private a few minutes ago when you were talksin about the hedgy thing, didja?” But he did ignore Morgan’s request for him to leave, cause he didn’t wanna yet.

Initiative 13
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-11-07 18:00:32 ST NPC Kiddo rolls 1 die for initiative 7

No action taken from child.
    Kiddo Initiative 13
    Mal Initiative 8 - IS UP

The rest of you can still post in any order needed.

A
    Ambrose

OOC

Spoilt little brats these days expecting more than just a friendly bribe. This kid is absolutely killing my patience. Then the kid's words sunk in and Lou's eyes narrowed... This kid keeps trying to bring the conversation back to the hedge. Somethings up. "You reckon you know where this hedge is? 'Cause we couldn't find nuffin'."

S
    Selena

You can roll empathy (wits+emp) no additions or penalties.

A
    Ambrose

Empathy + wits roll = 1 suxx

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Wits Empathy = 1suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-11-09 10:20:22 Morgan Bellanar rolls 5 to Sense Motive Check (10 Again) 5, 8, 4, 1, 4 1 success

Page 4 of 19 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 2

You do not have permission to view the list of names.