Chase Ankers
    Chase Ankers

Presence ••• (charming)
    Striking Looks •• (handsome)
    Blood Potency •
    -Blush Active in Social Scenes-

PRE

Teodor Raluca Beej

The Lord neonate ascended the stairs of the Chapter House, passing by the front entrance as he did so and hefting his fencing equipment in his shoulder bag. The well-made wooden floors gave hardly a squeak under his light frame, his hand gripping the banister gently for a modicum of balance.

Behind him somewhere was Teodor Raluca, though Chase did not turn to see how far behind. The stronger Beast made Chase cringe inwardly with each step, wondering if he might be set upon by the aged man's fangs. He gripped his bag tighter.

On the landing Chase turned left, following the railing and observing the open lobby briefly. The Gym was just ahead. He reached the door and opened it into darkness. The light switch beside the door frame he flicked upward, cascading the room in a glow of fluorescent light. Wood paneled floors gleamed reflectively, dotted with the shapes of metal workout machines. Chase set his bag down on a nearby bench and began to remove its contents.

B
    Beej

Teodor follows behind at a distance. He had briefly turned aside to answer the door but Supplicant Villiers had beat him to it. Following up the stairs, he admires the splendid decor of the house. The house had the sense of age but none of the odd creaks and shifts of old age. Much like a strigoi. he muses. He pauses at the top of the stairs, looking for his bearing before turning left when he sees a light flick on and cast light into the hall. Ah. There we are.

Walking into the room he smiles at Chase and waits for him to prepare his materials. The monk slowly walks around the room, taking in the weight stations and the spa installation. A very modern and simple layout. he muses, nothing too akin to the gyms that dot the city.

"Is your fencing a hobby Supplicant? Or something of a more practical skill?" he asks Chase.

Chase Ankers
    Chase Ankers

Presence ••• (charming)
    Blood Potency •

PRE

The question provokes a small laugh from Chase, though without much mirth. "Well originally it was something to build character, according to my parentage. It's almost something of a tradition in my family. I never took it seriously until recently when I considered the risks our kind must take to preserve secrecy. So it is thus both practical and a hobby," he explains to Teodor.

The equipment consists of a knitted Spectra fiber jacket that covers Chase's upper torso, sport knickers, and a foil mask in addition to two blades, a foil & épée, the tips blunted for safety. He undresses down to his undershirt and boxers without concern for the monk's gaze. His frame is quite thin and boyish, though still toned to suggest he does not shy away from athletic pursuits.

As he does this he continues conversing with Teodor. "All in all I have many hobbies, though these nights I have little time for any of them. Do you have any hobbies, Mr. Raluca?"

B
    Beej

"Not everyone expects sword arm in the modern night. And somethings are more likely to laugh off bullet than blade. Not to mention, it does have very dashing, dramatic flair." he chuckles.

The man's state of undress hardly bothers the monk. Chase's gear is of more interest to him, but it is not anything that he has not seem some variation of before. The two blades do interest him, clearly practice in nature.

"Many of my interests tend to also coincide with my profession, by necessity. But enjoying one's work is very satisfying." he muses. "My Studies have bit of hobby in nature. While I do delve a great deal into the occult, I have personal flare for mysticism. The ways people attempt to alter consciousness for inward observations is quite fascinating. The Sufi muslims, for instance, have form of physical meditation that involves spinning to music as means to shut down the ego and contemplate oneself and God."

Chase Ankers
    Chase Ankers

Presence ••• (charming)
    Blood Potency •

PRE

The Lord pauses as he adjusts his clothing, listening to Teodor's words curiously. Indeed, we have as much to fear from each other as from the kine we hide among. A clean stab through the heart is all that's needed to silence such threats.

The mention of the monk's studies was even more interesting. "It is not uncommon for a Dragon to find interest in the Occult," he says slowly, somewhat inwardly. "Though perhaps more uncommon to find one that is without such knowledge. These Sufi muslims, you say they find some spiritual solace in dancing? I would find it...dizzying most likely."

Chase dons his mask, the golden curls of his longish hair enveloped in a caged visor. He picks up the foil and, facing away from Teodor, Chase lunges, pushing off from his left leg and extending his right arm forward in a thrust. Chase did two more and then stopped, walking back to Teodor. "As one of the Dragons, I feel I should have more experience in the Occult, or rather the occult nature of our condition. One cannot deny it is there, yet my own sire did not have enough time with me to ingrain such knowledge in me before my leaving."

I really should call her...

B
    Beej

"Great amount of muscle memory to maintain balance as I have read. And the use of flowing clothing for subtle balance manipulation. But not technique I have pursued actively." Teodor nods, in agreement with Chase's assessment about being dizzy.

The monk raises an eyebrow at the Supplicant's admission at a lack of occult knowledge but it drops quickly. "If you are interested in furthering your studies in that subject, it would be my pleasure to assist you in that." He had almost wanted to say tutor, but that could be a little to forward for the Venture.

Teodor gestures toward the epee. "May I?"

Chase Ankers
    Chase Ankers

Presence ••• (charming)
    Blood Potency •

PRE

A generous gesture, thought Chase suspiciously. Does he think me some clay to which he can mold? It was presumptuous to think a Slave should explain mystical concepts to a Supplicant. How Chase had made it through his first Coil was only through his sire's specific instruction. The neonate hadn't understood much of the process or mystical application of it. Now that he was faced with an offer to learn he felt embarrassed for his ignorance.

"I admit that assistance in that field would be of great benefit. I haven't the time to study such things without instruction. But I cannot accept such an offer without compensating your efforts. Surely there is something you wish in return. If it is further advancement along the Coils I would assist you even if you hadn't offered. Maybe something else."

At Teodor's request Chase declined his head in a nod, gesturing to the weapon in affirmation.

B
    Beej

Teodor wanted to argue 'good Christian charity' but so few in the Requiem believed in or subscribed to it. With Chase's permission he picks up the epee by it's hilt and blade, letting it lay in his hands as he he looks it over. He rolls it slowly examining it's guard. It was a training weapon, but a weapon non the less and desereved respect as he did not know much about swords. Also, he did not want to make the Supplicant skittish. An unfamiliar vampire, waving around a sword.

What to ask for? Assistance trying to master blood spoiling? No. He had a mind to approach Aileen about that particular venture. Fenscing could be useful, giving what I know lurks in the night along with us. I wonder how expensive a silver epee would cost?

"Swordsmanship actually," he began slowly, stepping back and turning away from Chase. "would make for a practical application of some of my cautionary studies." he says, makes a few quick flourishes with the blade, remembering as much of Aro Flyn as he could. "Unfortunately I do not think I could afford the training equipment." he adds disappointingly. He turns back around, the blade resting again in the palms of this hands. "But," he pauses as a rather ingenious thought occurs to him. "if you were to supply me with equipment, I turn could maintain a geomantic nexus for you, to enhance your study times. Or perhaps increase your work efficiency at your office?"

Chase Ankers
    Chase Ankers

Presence ••• (charming)
    Blood Potency •

PRE

"Really? Swordsmanship?" says Chase, a bit surprised, then realizing that he might be rude questioning the request, quickly adds, "Martial training is always practical in all forms. That would be something I would be able to do though I myself am still in training." The equipment would be of no great burden on Chase's finances though the Nexus would indeed be a cherished asset if what he heard of it was true.

"I have no problem supplying the equipment. A Nexus at my place of work would be invaluable. However, I would not ask you to maintain a property that is not your own. Perhaps your teachings will allow me to construct my own in time. Instead, in exchange for equipment perhaps you will advise me on those ethical concerns I had mentioned earlier?"

Chase was aware that he was not trained enough to make a suitable teacher just yet. He himself had considered locating a mentor in order to master the techniques therein. But it would take Teodor time as well to learn the basics just as Teodor would teach him.

B
    Beej

Teodor puts the sword back down and clasps his hands together in front of him. "Very well Supplicant, if it is advise on such concerns, than I accept whole heartedly." he smiles.

The monk was pleased, a much cheaper price tag and he had wetted the man's appetite for learning. And he now had the opportunity to perhaps steer the man away from potentially disastrous choices in his research. A win-win as they say.

"As the best swordsmanship I can muster is imitating Aro Flynn, I am sure there is mountains I can learn from you sir." Teo chuckles.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread