Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Weeding Out the Problem

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... Last

Continued from here...

That same evening, the group of Lost who had set out to meet with the Samoan, made their way over to Treasured to report their success to the Winter Queen. As usual, the antique shop had the CLOSED sign hanging on the front door, and the place was dark with the exception of a lone source of light towards the back of the store. The faint sounds of music could also be heard coming from the same direction as the light, the only thing interrupting the ghastly silence of that cool night.

Feel free to describe your character's arrival

Mask is hardened

Harvey was the first to arrive, pulling up in his car across the street. He turned off the engine and waited inside, keeping an eye out to make sure he had not been followed by the Samoan or any of his thugs. After all, one could never be too sure when dealing with criminals, especially those of the Lost variety. The Sun Banisher didn't look the same way he had back at the warehouse, having assumed his usual form, which was of course strengthened by the Mask. He figured that would at least throw off any goons the Samoan may have sent after him. The Shadowsoul cracked his front window as he lit up a cigarette, blowing smoke rings into the night as he awaited for the others to arrive.

Perry diCarto

Perry's Cabriolet came rolling in the general direction of Queen Byeli's place with the top down, a spirited song on the radio and singing his head off as he drove. He was in a good mood. Why wouldn't he be? That was probably the tensest negotiation of his entire life, and he'd succeeded even after their cover had been blown.

"So raise your glass if you are wrong in all the right ways, all my underdogs --" And then he stopped singing as he took the last corner and saw Harvey's car parked. He pulled in behind the Sun Banisher, turning off the tunes and the engine. Harvey didn't strike him as the singing type.

Ahh, fuck, now it's stuck in my head!

As Perry's brain continued to suggest that he party all night long and never be anything but loud, he stepped out of the car. His suit jacket hung off the back of his seat and he went to the back, pulling it off delicately and suiting up entirely. After all, it never hurt to be fashionable.

Emerald eyes scanned the street, waiting for the rest to arrive.

Aaron van Valen
    Aaron van Valen

Dragon Lord

Alec should be in a good mood, but he isn't in a good mood. Chapter Samoan is over, now he has to deal with Harvey.

I left my bag at home.

He wears a hoodie when he comes walking around the corner. He looks up as soon as he hears the engines.

I hope I'm not the last one to arrive!

He pulls the hoodie off so the others would recognize him.
    Not a native speaker - always aiming to improve

L
    LadyVictris

John takes a little longer to arrive than the others. The tenseness of the meeting had left him shaken, and with his contract of Smoke refusing to work this evening, he'd taken a few detours to throw anyone following off the track. Including the odd rooftop, just to be sure.

Really need to see Terri about parkour lessons once things have calmed down for her. Times like this, crossing the city without touching the ground would be damn useful.

He approaches the others, and greets them with a nod.

Perry diCarto

"Howdy, gents," Perry said with a grin to both men. There was no harm in a little quiet socializing until Magnus got there. "Good trip?"

Harvey tipped the fedora he was wearing in response to Perry's greeting, without saying a word just yet. The Sun Banisher took a long drag from his cigarette, exhaling the smoke out slowly. He took a couple more drags before tossing the thing out the window. Once he had done that, the Shadowsoul stepped out of his car and took a quick look around before shifting his attention back to the three Lost that had already arrived. "Magnus is running late," he said flatly, more of a simple observation than anything else. "Were any of you followed?"

L
    LadyVictris

John shakes his head in response to Harvey's question.

"I didn't see anyone, and made it difficult for them anyway, just in case I missed something."

The darkling knew better than to give a definite "no"; with other Lost, it was probable that any pursuer was just as good at stealthy pursuit as he was.

C
    Cross

diCarto did a mental checklist of the "steps" he'd taken. He'd stopped at the parkade near his office and switched his car (deliberately to throw off pursuit) and actually got lost on the way to Treasured (wholly by accident). Unless someone was very dedicated to following him at high speed as he went down the I-5 an exit or two and got completely turned around, he probably was good. "I swapped cars and got totally turned around and whatnot trying to find the place... I think I'm clear."

He hoped, anyway. His Mask dropped at a certain point too, leaving him white-haired and dark-skinned and more difficult to find. The Samoan had never seen his mein.

Mask Hardened, -1 Glamour

A small, stout figure hurries up the street, hand shoved into his jean's pockets. As he approaches the store, Magnus glances around to see everyone already there and ducks his head. "Sorry."

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... Last
Closed Thread