Ended
Watch

Herald's Office Hours (9) The Herald and a Deputy meet Mr John Smith

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Martha Villiers

PRE

Down in the cellar vault beneath the Avalon nightclub, far away from the press of dancing Mortals, the lights are low.

The atmosphere is one of fresh lemon scented calm.

Tiny Martha sits at the grand piano in the main area of this Elysian Field. With skill and confidence she is finishing a recital of Chopin's Ballade No. 1 in G minor Op. 23 and now begins Chopin's Nocturne Op 9 No. 2...

http://youtu.be/YGRO05WcNDk

Martha sits meekly and sweetly. Attired in an English school uniform: a neat straw boater, a black blazer...a pair of scholarly spectacles are perched on the end of her nose, she wears a long gymslip shows her legs to mid calf...her raven black hair is tied into long and neat twin tails. Each twin tail is tied with a neat red ribbon bow. She wears her C-Leg, a pair of white kneesocks and a pair of carefully polished black Mary Jane shoes. A crisp white blouse is obvious where the gymslip reveals it, as is her red necktie tucked neatly into her gymslip. A simple metal walking cane rests near her on the top of the piano lid. Along with the cane are several large ring binders which appear to be, judging by the Federal seals and logos, glossily produced Federal Govt documents.

The music drifts and fills the Court space.

@John Smith @Dillon Connery
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

F
    FistsFullofDice

John slowly moved down the halls, following the sounds of the music. Steeping quietly so as not to disturb a single note. He dressed in a dark, slightly pin stripped business suit. His black shoes and tie, only offset by the deep red dress shirt under his jacket. He held in his left hand a dark pin stripped fedora with a deep red band just as his shirt. He held the hat over his chest as he strolled smoothly down the stairs. As he rounded the corner, he saw Herald Villers at her seat, the apparent source of the melody.

John stopped off at a distance. His beast curled inside him, wishing to cede the room to his host. After some time, standing still in the shadow of her song, John began to slowly march out. He moved slowly so as to be noticed as a friend rather than surprise her. The last thing he need to do is surprise the Herald who might then in a rage stuffed his twitching corpse into the piano. He stopped some five to seven feet away. Standing there, breathless and unmoving. He watched with envy at her hands as they danced around the keys. He knew his place in the city, and would wait here to be noticed.

Martha Villiers

PRE

John's Beast gave him away more than his foot falls. As the last notes of the Nocturne faded, Martha daintily turned on the piano stool to see who was there.

It was the red of the shirt that she noticed first and offered a meek smile to John. Reaching for her cane, she seemed preparing to stand.
    "Good evening, sir. I do hope you are well! May I help you? I wonder, perhaps, have you come to see myself...Deputy Connery...or another Officer of Court?"

Having gripped her cane tightly and taking a moment to gather her cool and steady her Beast, she stays seated, but now holds the cane across her lap. Wide blue eyes watching John.
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

F
    FistsFullofDice

"You must be the Madam Herald, I am Mr. John Smith. I have come here to meet with yourself and Deputy Connery. I thank you for seeing me Madam Herald" John stepped slightly back with one foot and gave a bow with his right arm extended to the side and his left still holding his hat to his chest. "I hope I am not intruding on your performance" John rose slowly from his bow. His eyes were open and unblinking, his chest unmoving. "It was a beautiful piece Madam" Without moving his eyes from the Madam Herald John made note of her prosthetic. It was a rare sight to see among the kindred, but it showed her force of will that she should gain such a high status among these beast who so often hold power of the body in such high esteem.

Martha Villiers

PRE

A happy smile follows. "Good evening, Mr Smith! Thank you for your kind praise! I do like Chopin...is he a favorite of yours?" a happy and sweet smile. She closes the lid over the keyboard and looks back to John, briefly gesturing with her cane towards the sofa and chairs at the other side of the Court. "I wondered...shall we take a seat over there, Mr Smith?"

She takes care to stand and brush out the creases from her mid calf length gymslip, smiling meekly to John and Dillon as she does so. Readying her cane, tiny Martha prepares to make her way over to the seats.

F
    FistsFullofDice

"Not at all Madam Herald, they are well deserved praises" Following the Heralds motions he looks over at the sofa. "Yes, that would be a good idea" As John starts towards the sofa he walks slowly so as to still be of service to the Herald if called.

"No unfortunately, only as of late have I had the chance to discover music once again. And I'm afraid I have not had nearly enough time to pick favorites" John gives a small yet friendly smile as he casually strolls toward the sofa. "I have remembered how fond I was of my beloved 'big band' groups, and a sweet pleasure for Jazz. But other than that I am still trying to remember so much else" He stops just short of the seats and stands so as not to be rude.

Martha Villiers

PRE

She takes care to hobble over to the seating. Once there she gently gestures to the nearest high backed chair with her cane to invite John to sit. "Please be seated, Mr Smith!" she chirps. Smiling sweetly, she takes a seat and gently rests her cane across her lap after brushing out creases from her gymslip. "Can I offer you some lemonade, sir? It is freshly made!" she smiles again and nods to the carafe of lemonade and the set of four tall glass tumblers on the coffee table between her sofa and John's chair. Clearly one of the sources of the lemon aroma.

"Big Band's, eh? Hmm, yes...a very vibrant sound! Full of life and energy! Ah!" she muses happily. "Do you dance too?" she asks, seemingly sincerely interested.

F
    FistsFullofDice

John took a seat, resting his hat on the coffee table in front of him. "Of course Madam Herald, thank you" John leans back in the chair, it was nice to have a moment to rest after the last few days of introductions and moving havens. As the Madam Herald highlighted the juice John thought for a second. He did not care to drink heavily as he knew that to expel it later would not be a satisfying experience, but after a second the aroma had inspired his curiosity and he reached to pour a half glass. "Ah... Yes, I think I will. May I pour you a glass Herald Villers?" John stood and moved to the side of the table to prepare the drinks.

(John would pour her one if she cared for it, either way after all drinks had found their owners he would return to his chair)

The Herald's comment brought an unexpected smirk to John's face. "Dance? Well yes, but with no grand talent I'm afraid. Just a youth burning time on the dance floor Madam Herald" John brought the glass to his mouth and sipped every so slightly. Just enough to get a slight taste. He began to move the juice around his mouth slowly. Tasting the sweet sugars and the cold sensation that came with them.

Martha Villiers

PRE

"Thank you, sir!" Martha smiles with a friendly and wide eyed expression of innocent glee as she watches John pour the drink. Accepting hers with good grace and a dainty gesture of 'cheers', she sips at her lemonade with obvious delight.

Nodding and smiling as John explains about his dancing.
    "Burning time on the dancefloor..." she repeats wistfully. "Ah! Quite a vivid way of saying it, sir!" another happy smile and she sips again at her drink.

"Do you dabble in poetry at all, sir? It just seemed, from your words, that you just might!"

F
    FistsFullofDice

Once again the Herald's comments pull a friendly smirk to Johns face, her friendly demeanor was just to much of a delight. "You flatter me Madam Herald! No I am not any of these things, unfortunately it has been a lifetime since I have read good poetry or listened to good music or danced at all" John played with the glass in his hand, tilting it slightly back and forth. "I assure you Madam Herald, any show of great talent on my part is more good fortune than good practice. However I thank you for your words Madam Herald" John took another sip from his glass.

"But what of yourself, a woman of your talent could draw a crowd" John was enjoying his talk, though he was curious about Deputy Connery. He had come from a place where sabotage and assassination where apart of life, and to see the Herald alone seemed like a foreign concept to him. Then again, though she was small and carried an extremely friendly attitude, he would not be surprised if she had powers that surpassed the deputy and his own combined.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread