Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
(Mimir's Well) Whispering Winds

Page 3 of 10 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Last

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

The Warlock's eyes were already working quickly, examining the scene in Dr. Primoria's office. There were no signs of an actual struggle, so it became fairly clear to him that the body had been dropped off in the office along with the note. He scrutinized the Fate threads connecting the corpse to himself and the others, raising an eyebrow slightly as he did.

This is certainly one way to send a message...

Once he was done doing a preliminary scan of the room, Aenigma turned his attention to Nantale and Orpheus ( Cryotic ). "My initial theory is that the body was dumped here along with the letter," he said to the other two Mystagogues. "While I cannot tell you the identity of the...victim, I can verify that he's got a strong connection to Toren and myself." He paused for a moment as he glanced at his Cabal mate outside.

"And even a stronger one to Gina," he added in a lower tone of voice, making sure they were the only two that could hear him. After all, the last thing they needed was to scare the poor girl even more. "Can either one of you identify the body by any means?"

OOC

k
    kimura

"He?" a moment of relief washed over her features before trying to harden again as she listened to Aenigma's words.

If this is a threat towards those I love.. no..this is not the time for anger. Anger clouds ones judgement looking towards Aenigma and Toren a moment then glancing as Gina left shaking her head

"Aenigma I don't know if I can. I've never used my Gifts for anything like this before" she looked at Toren as she continued to speak "I think Toren may fare better than myself but I'll try if it will help"

She'd just found a home again and by all she held holy there would be Hell to pay if something tried to harm those she claimed

C
    C_Lloyd

Nantale frowns, and approaches the body. "Nothing comes to mind at this moment, unfortunately. I'd have needed to been here when this happened for me to divine anything about this body. I could check on Dr. Primoria - to see if she's in any immediate danger from whomever is responsible for this. Otherwise, I'm not sure where I'd be helpful. Most of my skills lie in research."

Nantale frowns as she admits this. The last the she wanted to be in this situation was unhelpful. But there wasn't anything she could do particularly to overcome her lack of experience. She could only do the best with what she had.

Toren
    Toren

Presence •
    Status •• (Academics)
    Mysterium Status ••
    Consilum Status •

PRE

"Good good, thank you, Gina. It'll be alright...I hope," says Toren and then returns to the others crowded around the office.

"Yes, well, that may be true. I can sense the underlying connections between us perhaps. Let me see here," replies the Moros, hearing Kiko's deductions. He clears his mind to impart the Imagos, studying the lines of connection. He firstly dispels his Dark Matter rote upon his Sight, since they weren't working with physical objects presently. Next he focuses his Spatial sight on the lines of sympathy, tracing them between himself and what was left of the person before them. Perhaps he was distracted by the horrific form or his sight's potency was low, but he could not imagine the threads as they were or should be.

"Blast. Alright, give me a moment," Toren says, somewhat flustered. He begins chanting in the ancient tongue, aiding in the casting to focus his mind and the Imagos.
    Rolls
    Oblations: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
    [Moros Meeting] Active Spells: Ward, Speak With The Dead, Grim Sight | WP: 5/9 | Health 8/8 | Mana 9/9 | Def: 2
    [Library Galleria] Active Spells: Supernal Vision, Unseen Aegis | WP: 5/9 | Health 8/8 | Mana 7/7 | Def: 2

Orpheus was beginning to feel restless, mostly because none of his spellweavings dealt with investigations or the dead or sympathy lines. Taking the logical approach to the situation, he suggests "Well, If nothing else, there is the letter that was left right?" While he loved to be able to use a variety of spells to aid a situation, his skills with Forces and Prime in the current situation are flashy and useless, respectively. Sometimes the best approach is the most mundane, it seemed. Let's just hope this isn't like, a subscription renewal to Time magazine or some other nonsense. He thinks sourly as he grabs the letter, opening it and reading it's contents.

God damn... He thinks to himself before reading the contents out loud. "The letter reads 'I will be out of town for a while, please handle Mr.Falley. Tell Gina I'm sorry.' Signed Tyria." Placing the letter back down where he picked it up, he sighs irratably, running his hands through his messy hair. 'Tell Gina I'm sorry' eh? Something seemed very out of place with the letter, he couldn't place his finger on it though. Thinking out loud, he states to no one in particular, "Mr. Falley is very likely our unfortunate victim here, so that part's cleared up, but... Things just weren't making any sense. No, there's no way... Orpheus abandons the train of thought he was following. Sitting down, he sighs, "We need to know more about the circumstances surrounding this. Nothings making sense to me right now...

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

Aenigma quirked an eyebrow slightly as Orpheous read the letter out loud. He remained silent for a moment before speaking up on the matter. "That explains the Fate connections," he said to the group as a whole. "Jack O. Falley was the interim Curator while Dr. Primoria was out on sabbatical. He vanished from the public eye a couple of months ago." The young Censor paused for a moment, considering their current situation in relation to things that had happened in the Concilium at large.

"He isn't the first member of this Concilium that has been found dead," explained the Mastigos to his colleagues. "A number of Councilors have perished at the hands of an unknown enemy. Likely Banishers or Seers of the Throne." Aenigma's brow frowned as he said those last words, his eyes becoming distant for a moment.

"We should see to it that he has a proper burial," he said after his momentary pause. "Also, even though I'm sure this goes without saying, we need to find out who did this to him." The Warlock looked at the other Mystagogues around him, prepared to answer any questions they may have.

k
    kimura

"Then we hunt them... stalk them... and make them pay" hissed the usually so docile and unimpressive Shaman.

Kiko began to pace now as if a cat cornered as small hisses and growls escape her lips seemingly unnoticed by herself

You didn't know them Kiko..calm down!

NO! Whoever done this needs to be found and stopped!

You're not a Warrior remember?

her inner battle obvious on her face as she spoke in a low tone to herself but still audible enough for those in the room "No I'm not a Warrior... but I do value life..." she spun around and punched the nearby wall/bookshelf/thing as hard as she could to vent her anger before it played and wound itself around her heart and soul

angry kitty is angry..sorta!
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-11-04 10:32:47 Kiko rolls 5 to Punch the *insert colorful metaphor* outta an inanimate object! STR+Brawl+ AoA (10 Again) 1, 8, 1, 3, 4 1 success

Toren
    Toren

Presence •
    Status •• (Academics)
    Mysterium Status ••
    Consilum Status •

PRE

"Oh dear, oh dear," said Toren as Orpheus read the contents of the note. His expression was one of sincere melancholy. "Poor poor Mr. O'Falley. This is just awful. I made no attempt to reach him after his departure, I blame myself for letting him go. That this would be his fate..." Toren bent low on one knee and reached tentatively to place a hand on what he thought may be the shoulder of the man he once knew. Just to be certain, he attempted to turn the corpse over. He wasn't worried about fingerprints at this point. He was sure the body wouldn't be handed over to mundane authorities.

Knowing that they were dealing with the corpse of a friend to their Order, Toren dispelled his Dark Matter Sight so he could take on one for a more morbid purpose. As he gazed through the pathways of death he attempted to discern the cause of death to Jack, but his handle on the Imagos was shaken by his sorrow for the Awakened's passing.
    Rolls
    Oblations: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
    [Moros Meeting] Active Spells: Ward, Speak With The Dead, Grim Sight | WP: 5/9 | Health 8/8 | Mana 9/9 | Def: 2
    [Library Galleria] Active Spells: Supernal Vision, Unseen Aegis | WP: 5/9 | Health 8/8 | Mana 7/7 | Def: 2

C
    C_Lloyd

Nantale looks at Toren with a caring look on her face. "There's no reason to blame yourself. You did not do this to him - some... monster did. There is nothing that can change that. So instead of feeling guilty over something you couldn't control, let's find who did this."

Nantale furrowed her brow in concentration. There were lots of questions that needed to be answered. First, who was the attacker? Next...

"Where is Doctor Primoria? She clearly had to have known about this before she left, in order to leave that note. It's odd that she would just run off, leaving us so little to go on, especially with no one to serve as curator in her absence. Also, unless that body was bought in here by portal, there should be some evidence of it arriving somehow - maybe through security footage."

Nantale pauses for a moment, stopping to think.

"Does Mr. Falley have any family or a cabal? Maybe they would know something?"

There are far too many questions, and not enough answers.

Page 3 of 10 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Last
Closed Thread