Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Life of the Party

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

PRE

For the first time in quite a while, Gallows felt like he had actually made some progress in his personal advancement. He was one of the Uncrowned Kings--dedicated to improving themselves through toil, and not seeking out honors or false crowns. While he had no intention of crown seeking, Gallows also saw no problem with a little bit of celebration. So, the invitations had gone out.

Now that their Sanctum had been expanded, there was plenty of room for guests. Their apartment only comprised one part of the Sanctum, but it was the only part that was still fully decorated, so it was what Gallows used. However, there was plenty of standing room, and Gallows had laid out the snacks. Also, there were drinks. Lots and lots of drinks, though there was one bottle of rum that literally had Gallows's name on it. That one was all his.

Gallows poured himself a glass, mixing it with coke, and sipped on it while waiting for guests to arrive. It wouldn't do to get drunk by himself, of course, but he wasn't drinking quickly.

Miach

PRE

Even though Miach wasn't really familiar with Gallows, he wasn't one to pass up on a party. When he had seen the invitation, he had considered what kind of reply would be fitting, but he had found none, and had finally shown up unannounced. Hopefully it wouldn't be construed as rude.

The tall Acanthus entered the Sanctum with a bottle of his own cocktail (rum, pineapple, coconuts) that usually appealed to everyone's taste, only to find out he was the first ! He shrugged, and walked toward the Thearch, extending his hand. Good evening Gallows, how are you ? I took the liberty to bring some cocktail of mine, based on rum. Very fitting for celebration, believe me. Thouhg what exactly do we celebrate, if I may inquire ? It was close to a year since he had arrived in Sacramento, but somehow the mystagogue doubted it was this event they were gathering for...

PRE

"Excellent!" said Gallows, welcoming Miach inside. "Rum is always welcome here." He shook Miach's hand and made his way over to one of the snack trays. "We've got snacks, and crackers, and...things." He shrugged. "So help yourself."

"Today we are celebrating my initiation into the Uncrowned Kings," Gallows said, trying not to sound prideful. "Though honestly, it's as much an excuse to meet all the new people around the Consilium and check up on how cabals are forming. I've got to admit that I'm curious, and we're still waiting on a Herald or two to be appointed, so until then I'm trying to be proactive in keeping up with current events."

Miach

PRE

OOC

Even though he had never really paused to consider it, Miach would never have guessed that Gallows was in rum too. It was a small nothing, but it was something they would share, at least. Rum is probably my favorite alcoholic beverage, so I'm glad you like it too. he couldn't help but tell the Moros as he walked toward the snacks, and started perusing them.

The Uncrowned Kings ? from his initiation talk, it must something of a private club, or somesuch. Well, good for him, did he think, and he dismissed the thought.

I'm looking forward to meeting some more people too, to be honest. You know Idun, Toby, Four and I are a Cabal of healing mages, but we're useless if people don't turn to us in time of need, and they won't turn to us if they don't know we exist... and I'm curious too, gotta admit. did he finally admit with a grin, raising a glass of rum toward the charming awakened, inviting him to join in his silent toast to his health and success.

PRE

"Yeah, it's probably my favorite," Gallows admitted, taking a sip. "Picked it up in college." Among a lot of other things, most of them probably best left in the past.

"Sorry, I should have explained, I just found out about them recently myself," Gallows said. "They're a Legacy, with roots in the alchemists of medieval times." Gallows raised his glass to meet Miach's toast. "Here's to meeting new people, then. Hopefully some more of them will arrive soon, I don't want to think about what kind of condition I'll be in if I have to eat all of those snacks."

Miach

PRE

Ah... is that so ? it was clear from his tone that Miach hardly got the gist of it, but since it mattered enough for Gallows to throw a party about it, he was glad for the man. If that's what you wanted, then I'm glad for you !

He then looked at the table full of snacks, and smirked. He had seen the bottle of rum. You're right, I don't want to think what kind of condition we'll be in if we have to drink all of those... did he say, holding up his own bottle, and nodding toward the other one.

It took a brief moment for Kite to put the pieces together, remembering the reasons for the celebration as he walked into the Sanctum. The fact was that, between his job and schooling, he was working day and night (and in his case, that wasn’t just figuratively true). He had known that the celebration was taking place – and he had previously congratulated Gallows on his achievement – but he had lost track of time… and the date when the official celebration was taking place.

“Gallows, congratulations!” Kite walked over and offered his handshake to his fellow Catalyst member. Then, he walked over to the drinks area, and poured himself a glass of wine. “So, what are your next plans? You never did tell me…”

PRE

"Thanks," Gallows said with a grin, returning the handshake. "Not much in the way of plans at this point. Mostly going to focus my studies on my knowledge of the Arcana...something I've been putting off way too long." As Kite poured himself a drink, Gallows gestured to Miach. "So far, Miach is the only person to respond to my invitations, but that's okay. Worst case scenario, we can all drink for ten men, and we won't remember how small the party was."

Miach

PRE

Putting off knowledge of the Arcana... It was something Miach understood only too well, but he was so hard-pressed to find time already... Studies were a very involved process, and he was currently busy enough with his mundane studies. It looked to the Acanthus like he would have to postpone his some more, now that Menwel had left him. Or had she ? In his worst nightmares, he had the gnawing feeling he had missed some clue, that night, on Pettit Peak. He gulped his rum, but couldn't help asking.

And what are you studying, if I may ?

The party-lover in the Acanthus loved the prospect of the worst case scenario, and smiled broadly while nodding when Gallows offered the suggestion. Right back to college...

PRE

"I'm pretty torn," Gallows admitted to his two party guests--only one of whom really counted, since the other lived here. "I'm a Moros, so I want to look a little more at Death or Matter...but joing the Uncrowned Kings has taught me a lot about Mind, too, and I'm tempted to explore that." He sighed. "And no matter what I choose, Life is going to have to fall by the wayside." He wasn't even going to start talking about his desire to study Prime.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread