Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Meeting of the Summer Court

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... Last
    S
    Spartan

Just a note: Summer, Prospective Summer, and those with Good Will, are welcome

The Forge is closed. The Bar, on the other hand, is very open. The Music blares through the speaker system of the Metal Club.

The Hoplite King of Summer Sits at the bar, pint glass in hand. The Mantle of War swirled around him as he brought the glass to his lips. His eyes are closes as he listens to the music of Slipknot blasting through the sound system. All Hope is Gone. Is it? Is it really? Spartan asked himself as he waits for the others to arrive.

Perhaps today would be the day...

The Octagonal cage is lowered to the floor. It was going to be needed tonight...

D
    Duvainor

Prospective Summer courtiers are welcome.

Those were the words that had been rattling around Jezebel's head ever since she'd seen Anya's message at the Four Seasons. She had spent the following days in a frenzy of preperation, pushing her altered body to its limits and making sure she knew that this was what she wanted. And the effort had been rewarded. Standing outside the Forge, Jezebel looked down at her arm, watching the wiry muscles there flexing under her sickly olive skin. Jezebel knew she was stronger and faster than she had been when she'd met Spartan and declared her interest in joining his Court. Even in the days since the Feast of Strength ended, there had been improvements.

Hey, maybe going to Rook's class paid off after all.

She hated her body. Just looking in the mirror was enough to send a toxic mixture of anger, shame and disgust bubbling through her mind. But that didn't mean she couldn't use it - turn it into a tool, a weapon. Force it to do some good, force it to make up for all the misery it caused her.

Jezebel carefully took off the battered silver cross she wore around her next and slipped it into her pocket. Partly so it wouldn't get damaged, partly so someone couldn't try and choke her with it, but mostly in case someone decided to take the piss out of her for it. Taking a long, reassuring breath that hissed and rattled loudly in the air, Jezebel pushed the door open and -

And nothing. She'd expected to find a room bustling with Summer courtiers and applicants. Instead, as the door closed behind her, it became apparent she was alone apart from the Summer King.

Oh, shit. Am I first? I'm the first to arrive. Well...points for punctuality and eagerness, I guess.

Unsure of exactly what protocal dictated in these situations, Jezebel lingered for a moment, then approached the bar. She bowed politely to Spartan.

"Good evening, sir." She said. "I'm not too early, right?"

Having seen the notice on the Freehold's bulletin, Summer's new Constable of Calefaction decided it was best to show up early and show his support for his Court. Thus, the ice Elemental who watched over the gym at the Four Seasons, made his entrance into the Forge. Duncan was wearing a Sacramento Kings jersey, some black sweat pants and a pair of sneakers. Seeing Spartan and a Lost he hadn't met by the bar, and one that lacked a Mantle of any sort, the Snowskin figured she was one of the new prospects.

Duncan headed over to the bar, carrying himself with his usual laid back demeanor. "How's it going boss?" he said in greeting to the hoplite King, giving him a quick salute before turning to the girl. "I don't think we've met yet. I'm Duncan," he said to her, extending his hand towards the Blightbent.

C
    C_Lloyd

Lou arrived to the Forge shortly before the meeting was to begin. He wore a pair of sweatpants and a T-Shirt, completely prepared for any physical activities he may be required to do today. He even made sure to do all of his stretching and exercising before hand, though he truly didn't know what would be expected of him. Rook made it seem like it would be very intense - so it was a good idea to be at least somewhat prepared.

Lou walked in with a confident stride, greeting the assembled Summer Courtiers (and the summer aspirant) with a smile. He briefly recalled the blightbent from his first day in town, but he didn't recognize the other one. Not wishing to interrupt the two and their introduction, he made his way over to Spartan and greeted him in a less casual manner.

"How are you doing, Spartan? Thanks for offering us the opportunity to be here."

Lou paused momentarily, and took a breath.

"I'm still not sure if the Crimson court is the one for me, but I guess today is the day I find out, right?"

D
    Duvainor

Jezebel relaxed a fraction as a few others began to filter in. Lou, at least, she recognised, and gave him a small wave as he entered.

Well, that's two turned up for the trials, I guess. She thought. Jezebel didn't know what form the trials would take, but the idea of having to spar with the giant dragon to impress the Court leadership didn't fill her with a great deal of confidence. With any luck, someone who isn't like twice my bodyweight'll turn up. Or we won't have to fight each other. I'll take either.

Shaking off the thought, she turned her attention to the ice man. "Jezebel." She said, reaching out and shaking his hand. "Pleased to meet you. I'm here to try out for acceptance into the Court."

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

Clare slips into the Forge with a bounce in her step, glad to be back in the club's familiarity. Well, mostly familiar. Spartan, the setting, and in a vague way the white dragon-guy. She was actually pretty sure she'd seen him when Apocalyptica was playing.

"Yo, Spartan. Hey everyone else, I'm Clare."

As the Sentry of Summer's Vigil walked into the Forge, it gave Justin a moment's pause when he noticed that the Octagon cage had been lowered. Giving a soft whistle of appreciation the Manikin walked over to the bar to join the others. Noticing the new-Not Summer faces, he wondered how many of them would make it through the "vetting" process - if they made it that far - and earn their place in the Crimson brotherhood as he had done.

The fact that the Manikin had just left a mando-fun dinner party hosted by his parents and was dressed accordingly made for an odd contrast with the surroundings of the Forge. He was dressed in a dark blue blazer, with a pale blue shirt and dressy necktie. The formality ended there. Justin's need for individual - human - expression revealed itself in the fact that he was wearing jeans and a pair of dark grey Vans pro-model skater sneakers. He paused for a moment, waiting for Spartan's acknowledgement before he could make his other social rounds. Clare and Jezebel were there too - that was a bonus.

"How are you doing this evening, sir? It looks like a good turnout so far."

K
    Kazakin

Rook strolled into the Forge, his roaring Mantle flooding the area with heat, and the disconcerting effect that being near him meant stepping onto a chessboard. His chessboard. Being with Summer was the Red Victor's most natural environment, and it strengthened the crackling intensity of the white light that flared through the rivets on his flesh.

He was dressed as he always was - a non-descript suit and tie, and his mirrored sunglasses flashing in the light he generated.

"Hello, everyone," the Metalflesh said amiably. His shuttered irises flickered over to Jezebel and Lou for a moment, and he felt a little smile tug at the corner of his mouth. It was good to know that they really had meant to try.

Automatically, his gaze flicked up to the office, seeing who wasn't here yet, and knowing full well where she'd be.

S
    Spartan

Spartan Turns to Jezebel, "No, you are fine." Spartan takes a drink out of his glass and then walks behind the bar, to act as bartender.

"Duncan, hello. Today will be an interesting day." The Hoplite King states as he poors drinks for whoever asks. Spartan turns to Lou, "If you are not sure, why are you here? This is not a time for uncertainty. Once you have taken the Crimson, there is no turning back."

Spartan nods to clare, "Hello Clare." Spartan states pouring the woman a drink.

"Justin," Spartan gives the Manikin a nod of his head.

"Rook." The King passes the last two arrivals drinks.

C
    C_Lloyd

Lou smiled in response to the greetings of the other Lost, but his mirth was mildly diminished by Spartan's query.

"I'm here because I need to be sure, " Lou responded. "And after today, I will be." Lou smirked playfully. "Besides, Rook invited me. It would have been rude to turn down his invitation. But don't get me wrong - I'm here because I want to be. I want to belong, and though I have never really understood the whole wrath thing, I do understand that the Summer Court is as thick as thieves. I want to be a part of that. I've wanted that all of my life."

He turned to the gathered crowd. "So let's do this."

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.