Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Why Not? (Private)

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last

The hostess seems politely unimpressed that Perry is a lawyer, and while she recognizes Heath from somewhere, it's not like he's really, actually, famous​.

Perry diCarto

The answer about the private room didn't really concern Perry. He was happy to just grab a regular table and chill. They could talk in code; it wasn't like a private room at a club was going to allay his fears of outing the Freehold by speaking too openly anyway. Sipping at his martini and signalling for two more, diCarto considered what Heath had said. "That's an admirable way to look at things," he replied, nodding approvingly. "So for you, your job is about bringing people joy, which brings you joy even though there's fear?"

It was a summary, and he hoped that Heath got that he was not just talking about the jester's profession, but also their main goal for being here.

Heath Moore
    Heath Moore

Presence •••• (Entertaining)
    Striking Looks •• (Contagious Smile)
    Fame ••
    Mantle ••• (distant laughter)

Mask
    Brown hair, kind brown eyes, good-looking and quick to smile.
    Heath Moore - Mein

Mien
    Tall lanky with alabaster skin save for a stiff brownish mask-like face glowing yellow eyes and mouth. Thick locks of brown hair imitate a jester's cap in shape.

PRE

Heath shrugged after being turned away. It wasn't so much that he couldn't get a private room but that the woman hadn't recognized him. "Ah well, was worth a try." He slurps at his martini until its gone. He calls after the bartender as they go to make the martinis. "Strike that, make one a Chicago and one a Manhattan. We're going to see the world in the bottom of a glass." He leans over Perry apologetically, "If that's alright with you. My treat this time."

"My joy, my life, my destiny. Who knows, right? The past is the past and the future is uncertain. For some people just getting out of bed in the morning is an act of courage. Not only do you have to live with yourself as you are but you've got to haul behind you the you you were every day that you can remember." It almost sounded like a nonsensical riddle as he said it but he seemed convinced in its meaning. "Sometimes you gotta forget the then and live in the now, live in tomorrow. But mostly you've got to live for yourself. A few years back I wasn't myself, I couldn't be myself, I wasn't my own man. Now, right now, I'm my own man, I do what I want for myself. If I help another guy out, it's cause I wanted to, not cause someone told me to. If I get up on that stage it's because that's what I love."

When the drinks came Heath grabbed the Manhattan and took a gulp, grimacing slightly at the taste of bitter whiskey. But he goes on, "It's all about achieving your desires and helping others to realize theirs. Maybe you weren't able to before. But now you can, and that's real power. The real victory in life is throwing off the shackles of the past and proving that the person who's in control of your life is you."

Perry diCarto

diCarto tipped his Martini down the hatch and swallowed, the booze hitting him. He let out a long, low breath, his gin-infused breath filling the air before him. "I'm a travelling sort of man," he said with a chuckle as Heath leaned over. New booze was never bad.

Leaning his arms on the bartop as he listened to Heath's discussion of his philosophy, Perry found himself nodding at various points. This was something he got. A definition he agreed with, in the most part. Mrs. Rosemary showed the Gentry that she was truly free. Heath lived for himself because it was a celebration of his freedom. It was all about being free to do whatever he wanted, because They were no longer in charge.

"You know, I entirely agree. That's exactly what we ought to do. What we want, because we want to. There's a lot of expectations placed on people." Law, for example. "I feel like I've been practicing defence law for a bloody millennium," he said with a chuckle, although he had a sense that Heath might get his meaning in a way nobody else in the room would. "But I still love it, at my core. It'd be easy to just retire or go be a prosecutor or something, but..." He shrugged, a little smile on his face.

The Chicago came and brandy was added to Perry's Alcoholic Gullet, the lawyer smacking his lips together for a moment after taking a sip. "Damn," he said with a chuckle. "That's not half bad, Heath."

Changing gears, he found himself curious about something. "You know what I want? Shots. Remember Mrs. Rosemary's custom drank? Some of those. But I'd settle for tequila."

Heath Moore
    Heath Moore

Fame ••

Mask
    Heath Moore - Mein

Mien
    Tall lanky with alabaster skin save for a stiff brownish mask-like face glowing yellow eyes and mouth. Thick locks of brown hair imitate a jester's cap in shape.

PRE

Heath snapped his fingers dramatically. "Exactly! You gotta do what you love and be the best at doing it," he summarized, tossing back the rest of his drink and then shaking his shoulders as if throwing off the bitter sensation. "Throw off your fears and enjoy life." That's what he was doing right now. Enjoying the warming drink that dulled his senses and made him forget the past that burdened him.

"Shots, man!? Okay okay, but just one, then we gotta hit that dance floor," says Heath with a wide grin. He started tapping his long fingered hands on the counter to the beat of the music as it changes over to a remix version of Cheap Tricks Surrender.

Perry diCarto

Dunno about you, but the shot is the first drink over Perry's stamina, so I need to make a roll...

"Hell yeah, man. I'll drink to that,"
    he said, tipping his drink back. A slight grunt as the brandy went down, and he raised his hand to signal a bartender. "Two Patron, please." If they were going to drink tequila, they might as well drink the good stuff.

As the drinks arrived, he said, "One shot, and then dance floor," in agreement. Offering the jester a clink of the glass, he tipped the shot back. The silver tequila went down hard, and Perry's world took a bit of a tilt -- but he tapped the bar with his hand and whistled to himself under the music. "God, that's good sauce."

diCarto stays standing!
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-10-15 13:14:37 Perry diCarto rolls 4 to Resolve+Stam for a drink above stam (10 Again) 2, 8, 4, 3 1 success

Heath Moore
    Heath Moore

Fame ••

Mask
    Heath Moore - Mein

Mien

PRE

Heath slapped the counter excitedly in a drum roll as the shots were being poured. Often Heath relied on mixed drinks like cocktails to stave off the hard liquor but he had already fallen into the momentum of the moment. "Alright alright, let's do this."

He takes his own glass and clinks it in return before tossing it back down the hatch. "Waahawoo!" cries the Minstrel, putting the glass down on the counter and throwing his arms back up in the air. "Be it mana from heaven or hell!? What a kick!" Heath hops off his seat and shakes like a wet dog. "Okay, let us bust some moves before this burns through me."
      Heath Still Standing!
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-10-15 15:43:38 Heath rolls 4 to drink above stamina [Resolve+Stamina] (10 Again) 8, 1, 5, 6 1 success

Perry diCarto

Perry chuckled at Heath's antics as he took his shot. The lawyer was still feeling the burn, and he loved it. "Heath, man, Patron is always mana from heaven!" He stood up slowly, the booze hitting him hard. It always did. The lawyer was no Ogre, capable of standing over dozens of shots without even worrying about it like Mrs. Rosemary. "Let's go!"

Stepping out onto the dance floor, Perry realized that he was a bit too buzzed to do this right on his own. Smirking to himself slightly, he called upon a Contract that was for situations exactly like this where he wanted to look daaaamn fine despite the booze. After all, tons of glamour could be generated by bustin' sick moves and getting a crowd excited...

Not that he attracted any particular grand attention for being a dance commander. But he was capable of moving to the beat. And given his booze level, that was all he needed.

-2 Glamour

songs of distant arcadia up, dancing 1 sux
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-10-16 13:28:32 Perry diCarto rolls 4 to Get Yo Drunk Dancing On (Dex2+Exp1+Wyrd2-1 for drinking too much) (10 Again) 4, 1, 5, 9 1 success
    2012-10-16 13:28:07 Perry diCarto rolls 5 to Songs of Distant Arcadia (Pres4+Exp1) (10 Again) 3, 5, 5, 9, 9 2 successes

Heath Moore
    Heath Moore

Fame ••

Mask
    Heath Moore - Mein

Mien

PRE

The world swayed, and Heath swayed with it as he headed out onto the dance floor with Perry. This was how he liked it, buzzed and slaphappy, when the world made the most sense. He was convinced that everyone was here to have a good time. People swayed to the music, everyone on the same page. There was no more need for words, just body language and everyone singing along with their hips and footfalls. Celebrate, celebrate good times.

Whatever good feelings possessed the jester made him move in impossible ways, in perfect rhythm like a drunken kung fu master. He kicked a foot out and began to strut in place, snapping his hands around, hair bounding around his head through the quick motions. Spinning on his toes he stopped and began moonwalking like Michael Jackson to the 80's vintage remix music that filled the hall. Finally as the crowd parted to his fantastic gestures he dropped to the floor and began breakdancing with a fervor he himself did not realize he possessed. "Oww! Feel good!" he cries as he strikes a pose.
    -2 Glamour
      Songs of Distant Arcadia, 2suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-10-16 15:21:49 Heath rolls 8 to invoke Vainglory: Songs of Distant Arcadia [Pres+Exp] (10 Again) 2, 4, 9, 6, 9, 1, 3, 5 2 successes
      Dancing Fool, Exceptional
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-10-16 15:25:51 Heath rolls 8 to dance the happy dance [Dex+Exp+Wyrd] (10 Again) 6, 5, 6, 10, 8, 9, 8, 9, 4 5 successes

Perry diCarto

Perry was stunned. He had no idea Heath was so good! Continuing to move with the rhythm, he watched the Spring Courtier dance up a storm, laughing as he did. Watching the man dance and hearing his words, his philosophy, it made sense. Heath was out on that dance floor, drunk as hell with Perry because he wanted to be, having so much fun as a way of proving he was free.

No doubt he was buzzing on the glamour. The man's dance moves were fucking incredible!

Indeed, so impressed was Perry that he completely lost his rhythm over it, laughing his head off at Heath's antics. "Nice, man!"

lool dance fail!
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-10-16 15:41:05 Perry diCarto rolls 4 to Murder on the Dance Floor (10 Again) 5, 4, 2, 5 failure

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread