Ended
Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
(1209) Sovereigns, Jessica and Morgan

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    D
    Decibelle

Flip: I was so sure I'd posted here. Sorry.

Wonderful. Morgan was gone, and she was alone - without any backup, facing the wrath of four sovereigns for something she couldn't even remember doing. But the Winter Queen's demand, for a moment, seems almost congruent with what Jessica wants - to never have to do such a thing again, to never bring harm when her hold on reality slips. Weakly, the Darkling opens her mouth, eager to offer her agreement, to get Katrin off her back: she's done an awful thing, she hates it, she never, ever meant to do it. It's true.

And yet the words won't come out. They're just frozen there, replaced by a stark, gut-wrenching terror that freezes her gut, roots her to the ground. "Yes. Y-yes - I -" The look on the Darkling's face is a brief reminder of the fear every Lost feels at the memory of their Keeper, of being tortured and taken away, and her muttered protests, her weak step backwards, continue for a few moments, voice quavering in fear. "I'll be good. I'll be g-good. I'll -" And then the Winter Queen's mantle flares higher, her glare gets a touch two fierce, and the poor Gravewight's body comes up with only two, primal reactions: fight, or flight. It's Them.

Thankfully, she doesn't run, nor does she try to raise a fist. Instead, her subconscious decides to give Black Jessica a small mercy. With a faint clunk, she faints, clunking to the ground in a heap.

Concerned about the Darkling girl, and in attempt to prove her previous point that not all Contract use should be frowned upon, the Verdant Queen kneels down to touch Jessica with one hand. As she does, her own Mantle flares up, giving an aura of rejuvenation to those standing nearby, with sweetly exotic scenes filling the air around them. Once Mrs. Rosemary was done calling upon one of Spring's Contracts, she stood up again and met the eyes of the other Sovereigns.

"Like I was saying before, not all use of our gifts should be frowned upon," she said to the others, offering them a sweet, motherly smile. "We shouldn't deny who we are, and forbidding ourselves and others to employ such gifts is doing just that." The Ogress paused for a moment as she glanced down at Jessica, who appeared to be waking up. "That said, we shouldn't be using our magics to hurt one another," she added as she offered the Gravewight girl a hand so she could get up.

4 suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-10-15 16:43:42 Mrs. Rosemary rolls 13 to Gift of Warm Breath (10 Again) 9, 9, 7, 1, 6, 8, 2, 7, 3, 6, 1, 9, 1 4 successes

Jessica feels fully rejuvenated as if she has slept for one night...and wakes up

S
    Spartan

Spartan looks completely unimpressed by the passing out act...

The weakness and cowardice of this one was disgusting to him. "One should take responsibility for there actions..."

Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

Maybe it was because of the feeling of a failed marriage so suddenly tear through her soul, but when Jessica fainted, Terri's usually compassionate and hopeful mature really couldn't give a damn. Instead, Terri was simply wishing to get the coronation over with, unveil Danny's prized statue and go home.

When the motherly figure of Mrs. Rosemary attended to the collapsed changeling, Terri felt her own ire flare once again at what the Spring Queen said. "I personally have never pretended to be anything else, Mrs. Rosemary, and would never force anyone to do so, but do we not need safeguards amongst our own without the concerns of a silly incident like this occurring? Surely a new visitor to the freehold would enjoy such boundaries?"

When Spartan spoke, Terri simply smirked.
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)
    Presence 4 (Friendly)|Striking Looks 2 (Petite & Cute)

Katrin Byeli
    Katrin Byeli

Fairest (Treasured/Snowskin)
    Winter Mantle 5
    Presence 5 (Regal), Striking Looks 4 (Coldly Beautiful)
    Rigid Mask, Gentrified Bearing
    Freehold Status 5
    Mien

Katrin's Mien, which is rarely seen outside of the Hedge, is not all that much different in appearance from her Mask.

The difference is she is unerringly perfect. (Gentrified Bearing, Striking looks 4)

Her skin is pale with the slight touches of blue and luminescent as if she was partially carved out of porcelain and ice. Her hair, like her eyes, are the dark black of onyx with the harsh clarity of ice.

PRE

Katrin did not seem amused by the fact that Jessica just fainted in their presence. No, the Winter Queen could see past such a ruse, and assumed that the girl was just faking it to make them pity her. That may have worked on someone that actually cared about such things. Unfortunately for the Darkling, the Onyx Queen was not one to care for such petty behavior. Nonetheless, she did not protest when Mrs. Rosemary woke the girl back up. If anything, the Verdant Queen's efforts had helped to get this wrapped up already.

"That is a discussion we should all have later, yes?" she said in regards to the use of Contracts within the Freehold Commons, her tone remaining neutral as always. "Barring any more interruptions, it would great if we can finish dealing with this matter. A new Sovereign is to be crowned today." The Fairest paused as she said those last words, casting a quick glance at Terri. "This whole ruckus has caused enough delays, no?"

With those words, the Onyx Queen turned her attention back to Jessica ( Decibelle ). "Before you lost your footing, you said you were going to be good, yes?" she said to the Gravewight, her tone not fluctuating one bit from the tone she had been using to address the other Sovereigns. "Then you shouldn't have an issue with swearing the Freehold's oath once the crown is placed upon your Queen's brow, if she so chooses to accept such a request from you." Katrin paused once more, her eyes still fixated on Jessica. "I am not the reigning monarch, so I will leave any decisions regarding your punishment to Spartan and Mrs. Nutkins. I am sure that you will comply with any requests they may have of you, yes?"
    Presence 5 (Regal) | Striking Looks 4 (Coldly Beautiful)
    Rigid Mask | Gentrified Bearing |(Mask hardened) | (speaks with a Russian accent)

The entire evening thus far was one of unexpectedness. Hopefully this was not a testament to the welcome from others she was to expect upon her arrival. The captivating Fairest was among two other women of beauty with powerful mantels. Souhaitez leurs propres courtisans tourner sur eux?

Violet was unafraid, but quite perplexed by the insolence of the woman. More importantly, it was unsavory that she brought her motley mate into the situation. . Mon Dieu… Her enchanting eyes could hardly believe the woman had fallen while attempting to rectify the situation.

As her head turned to hear Spartan’s quip, tiny flowers beneath her locks may have been seen as Violet’s radiant hair moved over her shoulders. Her brow rose in approval to the Summer King’s excerpt.

Stepping forward in slight, flowers moved beneath her feet as they replaced the carpet for a moment. Her elegant hand rose apologetically and in the Nightsinger’s beautiful French accent, she spoke. “I again do humbly apologize if my presence has caused such a disruption, madames and monsieur.”

“When the time comes, would you permit me to partake in the Oath of your Freehold?” Her address was to the Autumn Soverign, whose aroma was nearly intoxicating and brought forth certain cravings; yet she encompassed all the Monarchs in her request. After all the disturbance, perhaps she may not be welcome. Yet somehow, there was a desire to remain and employ her assistance, whatever it may be. “For now, if you have no further inquiries on my behalf, I should wish to take my leave from you so that you may move forward with the evenings festivities.”

Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

"Yes," Terri replied to Katrin, trying not to cry in front of her friend and Maid of Honor. "Let's move the evening onwards."

When Violet spoke, the Beast turned and offered the Fairest a warm smile. "Of course, Miss LeBlanc. Once the new monarch has been coronated, we shall move on to the swearing of the oath. May I apologize for tonight's disruptions."

With a final smile, Terri looked towards Jessica, wondering if she was about to agree to the Winter Queen's words, and actually take the freehold pledge.
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)

D
    Decibelle

Sometimes, unconsciousness can be a remarkably welcome thing. It's rare, of course - but the physical condition does exist for some very good reasons, honed over millenia of evolution. When you're sick, it lets you pass out to stop the pain from being too much, and give you some much needed rest. When you have a broken leg and try to walk, despite the pain, it'll try and shut down to stop you from doing more damage, or when you're suffering from brain damage, a coma gives your mind a chance to heal. Even passing out from alcohol consumption is a result of this remarkable self-defense mechanism, preventing you from drinking any more and damaging your body further.

And while fainting is more of a reaction to psychological trauma (or a way of ensuring blood returns to the most vital organ in your body), it does, for Jessica, have some positive effects. She doesn't have to worry about the consequences of her actions for a few moments, she doesn't have to stress about Katrin's glare. It's a little while off.

Perhaps that's why she feels the faintest trace of irritation when she's forced out of it, frowning slightly, and weakly getting to her feet, looking up at the pair and nodding, rapidly, at each of their words, even if she's barely payig attention to them. All she wants is to run away from Katrin, to be honest.
    And her fear shows.

"Yes. Yes, right." She takes a step back, feet finding her footing behind her as she backs up. "Anything." Terrified, the Darkling glances between the pair, looking for permission to dart away and get the heck out of there. But until someone gives her permission to leave, she manages to stay there.

The moment Terri or Katrin says she can go, Jessica will say her goodbyes and get going.

Mrs. Rosemary seemed a little hurt at Terri's response to her words, which clearly had been misinterpreted. However, she remained silent as Katrin tried to get things back on track, and offered a nod to the Winter Queen. "You are absolutely right Queen Byeli," said the Ogress before turning her attention back on Jessica. However, her attention shifted to the beautiful Flowering as she spoke up. The Verdant Queen offered Violet a pleasant and caring smile, feeling bad that she had been put through all of this during her first interaction with the Freehold. "No apology is necessary on your behalf Miss LeBlanc, but thank you for cooperating." She offered the Fairest one last smile before adding, "and if you wish to speak to me at a later point, I'll make sure to make myself available to you." After all, Violet's potent Spring Mantle hadn't gone unnoticed by the Ogress.

That being taken care of, Mrs. Rosemary shifted her attention back to Jessica and Katrin as they exchanged a few more words. As far as she was concerned, this matter had been dealt with. She figured that perhaps some sort of punishment would be levied upon the Darkling girl, but that was really not her prerogative. It was not her seasons, and Jessica was not of her Court. As far as the Verdant Queen could tell, Terri would be the one to handle such a thing once the actual ceremony of her crowning took place. So for now, the Ogress chef just kept quiet and let things progress as they should.

Description

PRE

Terri looked to her fellow Sovereigns before turning back to Jessica. "You can go, Jessica, but I expect you to take the Freehold pledge when I mention it. Also, within the next week, you shall present yourself to my store. We have much to discuss."

Once she had gone, Terri kept her eyes on the Darkling until she had mingled with the coronation properly. Finally, Terri spoke, and her warm nature returned tenfold. "Now that that little commotion is out of the way, how about we move to the coronation?"

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.