11 - 20
DISPLAYED
(1209) Sovereigns, Jessica and Morgan

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    Katrin Byeli
    Katrin Byeli

Fairest (Treasured/Snowskin)
    Winter Mantle 5
    Presence 5 (Regal), Striking Looks 4 (Coldly Beautiful)
    Rigid Mask, Gentrified Bearing
    Freehold Status 5
    Mien

Katrin's Mien, which is rarely seen outside of the Hedge, is not all that much different in appearance from her Mask.

The difference is she is unerringly perfect. (Gentrified Bearing, Striking looks 4)

Her skin is pale with the slight touches of blue and luminescent as if she was partially carved out of porcelain and ice. Her hair, like her eyes, are the dark black of onyx with the harsh clarity of ice.

PRE

If Katrin was surprised by Terri's display, she did not show it one bit. As usual, the Winter Queen kept a neutral expression throughout the whole thing. When Jessica confessed to her crime, she shot her a quick icy glare but did not say a word. However, when Morgan spoke up again after she was told to rejoin the rest of the gathering, the Onyx Queen turned her cold glare on the young Beast. "I believe Mrs. Rosemary wasn't making a suggestion, yes?" she said to the raccoon girl, her tone not showing any particular emotion in it. "You have no other business here. If you wish to swear the Freehold pledge, then you shall do so when the time for such a thing is called. Your name has been cleared of any guilt, so please do not try my patience and do as you are told." There was a certain finality to her words, which implied that if she had to repeat herself, it wouldn't go well for the young Beast.
    Presence 5 (Regal) | Striking Looks 4 (Coldly Beautiful)
    Rigid Mask | Gentrified Bearing |(Mask hardened) | (speaks with a Russian accent)

Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

If Terri had any patience, she was keeping it in check. When Jessica glanced her way and apologised, the Dread Lady looked from the offender to the Spring Queen.

"Jessica, please answer Mrs. Rosemary," she said with a weary voice but was surprised when Morgan spoke up, and for someone who had just been proved of any guilt, the young Beast was still treading on the toes of the Sovereigns. Terri took a step towards Morgan, a smile on her face, the scary bitch of a Beast having been securely placed back in its cage.

"Morgan, please, nothing terrible is going to happen. If you wish to swear the freehold oath, such as it should be, then the time will come once the coronation is complete." Terri smiled warmly, even if inside she felt dead. "All we ask is for a moment to settle this....misunderstanding," the Autumn Sovereign looked to Jessica. "Isn't that correct, Jessica?"
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)
    Presence 4 (Friendly)|Striking Looks 2 (Petite & Cute)

D
    Decibelle

Suddenly, Jessica wishes her hair wasn't as neat as it was, so she could let it dangle over her eyes and avoid looking at any of the sovereigns directly. It'd be nice, being able to hide her face and feel invisible, sit here and wait for things to get better. Long hair hid tears, as well.
    Unfortunately, she didn't have it. Meaning that she'd have to keep staring at the legs of the monarchs, rather than meeting their fierce, intimidating gazes. It made her sink inside herself, slightly, until Morgan's voice managed to jerk her out of it.

She was speaking in defense of her, and being told to leave. For being a friend - a friend who, despite everything, was still willing to speak up to people who terrified her - and still being told to leave.
    That wasn't right: friends stick together. If they can. Glancing sideways at Morgan, the Gravewight listened to the the conversation between the monarchs and Morgan, biting on her lip and trying to resist the urge to cry - not at the situation she'd found herself in, but at the simple guts it would have taken for the Beast to stand up. Biting her lip to hold back the onslaught of tears, the Gravewight turns her head to the Beast and smiles, gratefully.
    "Morgan's my motley buddy," she says, her voice just a shade above a whisper, but still audible. Just. She gave Morgan a brief, genuine smile, showing the truth behind the words - even if they hadn't pledged the oath, there was an unspoken friendship, there. And friends stick together. "That's why she needs to stick by. I broke the rules, and she deserves to know why, as much as... anyone else."

The speech in defense of her friend seemed to make the Gravewight a shade more confident, and she silently hovered above the ground, glancing between the Monarchs, then at the Fairest of Spring, the French woman who had caused all this. Even now, she still felt a shade of spite towards her, it was hard to associate it with what she'd done. It wasn't fair, seeing her control the room like that - but it wasn't enough to strike out at her like that. It still didn't make sense.
    But the question still had to be answered. "I just saw... people looking at her. Away from me. Away from Autumn. Next thing I knew, people were saying a contract had been used." Black Jessica swallowed slightly, shifting her feet as if they were still touching the ground.

Katrin Byeli
    Katrin Byeli

Fairest (Treasured/Snowskin)
    Winter Mantle 5
    Presence 5 (Regal), Striking Looks 4 (Coldly Beautiful)
    Rigid Mask, Gentrified Bearing
    Freehold Status 5
    Mien

Katrin's Mien, which is rarely seen outside of the Hedge, is not all that much different in appearance from her Mask.

The difference is she is unerringly perfect. (Gentrified Bearing, Striking looks 4)

Her skin is pale with the slight touches of blue and luminescent as if she was partially carved out of porcelain and ice. Her hair, like her eyes, are the dark black of onyx with the harsh clarity of ice.

PRE

Katrin's brow frowned slightly at the words of the insolent Darkling, as the Queen of Sorrow was obviously displeased with her behavior. "I neither care, nor I asked why she wishes to stay, no?" she said to Jessica, a hint of bitterness in her tone. "Neither of you are members of this Freehold, and yet you think you can come in here and disrespect our authority. Your 'motley buddy' has been asked to return to the main gathering, and she will do as he is told, yes?" With those words, the Fairest shot a quick glance at Morgan, her icy glare making it pretty clear that this was the last time she would touch on the subject before things got ugly.

"Let me get this straight," said the Winter Queen as she turned that cold stare of hers back at Jessica. "You got jealous of Miss LeBlanc and decided it was a good idea to take offensive action against her?" There was a momentary pause, the silence certainly being a little nerve-wracking under the circumstances. "And you did all of this without any provocation on her part, yes?"

The Treasured's cold expression made it fairly clear that she was not at all amused by this whole incident. Her Mantle flared slightly, dropping the temperature around her quite a few degrees. There was something rather terrifying, something akin to the Fair Lords and Ladies; something that didn't quite belong here, yet it was all too familiar to anyone and everyone around. "You will pledge to not act in this manner again. You will make amends for the harm that you have done here today, or things will go very poorly for you, no?" she said to the Gravewight without needing to raise her voice one bit. No, her tone and the icy glare in her eyes were enough to get the message across. "Am I making myself clear?"

8 suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-10-11 09:50:59 Katrin Byeli rolls 14 to Presence+Intimidation+Spec+SL4 to "let me be clear on this..." (9 Again, WillPower) 6, 9, 10, 6, 4, 6, 9, 7, 8, 6, 10, 10, 1, 10, 7, 3, 4, 4, 5, 9, 1 8 successes
    Presence 5 (Regal) | Striking Looks 4 (Coldly Beautiful)
    Rigid Mask | Gentrified Bearing |(Mask hardened) | (speaks with a Russian accent)

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan smiles at Jessica calling her a motley buddy. It was a nice feeling, even if the circumstances were so dire. Hearing WHY Jessica did what she did reminded Morgan of something another Lost had once told her: 'All Lost are mad, but not all that are mad are bad. Full control of who we are, what we do, with great effort can be had. Mercy for those who fail is rare, something that is truly sad.' A flowery way of saying that all Lost need serious therapy.

Morgan started to move to give Jessica a hug while speaking, "Thank you Jessica, I--" when the ice woman asserted herself once more.

Date Action Roll Result
    2012-10-11 10:51:26 Morgan Bellanar rolls 6 to Trying to maintain her calm 5, 7, 6, 5, 8, 1 1 success

Previously, Morgan had barely been able to speak in Jessica's defense. And while Jessica gratitude did briefly lift her spirits the Ice Woman, Morgan guessed she was the Queen of Winter, quickly crushed that, making Morgan freeze up mid-sentence. The woman was just too scary. The first thing to enter the mind of anyone looking at Morgan now would be the phrase "deer in headlights." Morgan's mind raced, repeating No-Climb-Do-Talk-No-Climb-Do-Talk-No-Climb-Do-Talk. Morgan still hugged Jessica, but was shaking in fright. After letting go of Jessica, Morgan does her best to stammer out her apologies and other words to the group: "I-i-i-i-i'm zorry if-f I c-ca-ca-making trouble for Jessica or i-i-if I h-h-hur-made things worse. Imma g-gl-guh-happy we're friends. S-sorry if I angrnered the soverigns. A-a-a-and sorry M-m-miss lady for troubles. Sorry sov-sov-peoples in charge forforfor interrupting. I unner--underfan--gunder stand..eep... I gets it! Th-that is I gets it that I-I'd m-make things worser for Jessica b-by breaking more pools--rules and hind-hurt her more then help. Sosososo sorry Jess! And sorry t-to to you m-m-miss Terri, Oh! A-and the sovereigns and t-the-the lady too!" Morgan is looking around the entire group as she speaks, USUALLY focusing upon person she's talking about. Fortunately for her neck, her head is not moving as fast as her words (the bones would break). She finishes by looking at Jessica and then walks away.

"I-I-I'll helps you l-l-laters s-s-since we friends. I just, move aw-aways a little o-o-over here M-miss Jessica," Morgan motions to behind her while walking backwards...toward the edge of the stage, "an-an-and w-w-wait for t-the r-rules to finish. I'll w-w-w-wait rights h-here, not here here but there here that is near but not here just there for you okaaaaa-!" Sadly, Morgan is a little too unfocused due to fear and doesn't notice something rather important. They were on a dais, and like any stage it drops off...like it does right behind Morgan and she is walking backwards while not looking.

Unsurprisingly, the yelp that stopped her rambling is due to her falling right off stage. After half a minute a pained, though much calmer and very much less rapid voice comes up from below, "I'll just lay her for a moment please, thank you."

ST Note: Morgan leaves this side thread

S
    Spartan

The Silent Defender Remains that. He watches the women interact with this... Black Jessica. Spartan had known this woman to be an instigator and this again proves it. The Hopelite King watches as the Winter Queen Asserts her will and wonders if the new Autumn Queen is going to take issue.

"For someone so timid and scared all the time, I find it interesting that you wish to be the center of attention." Spartan states flatly wondering if this woman would remember there conversation about Lost being the way they are against their will.

Mrs. Rosemary couldn't help but feel bad for Jessica, even if she was the one at fault here. There was something about the Ogress that always made her see the best in people, and it wasn't because she was naive. No, the Verdant Queen was far from that, but it was Spring's hope that pushed her to think in this manner. As far as she was concerned, there was always hope for someone to change their ways, mend the harm they had done. Just as the seasons changed, people could too, so giving them a second chance was essential to spur such a change within someone.

"The use of Contracts, here or elsewhere isn't inherently bad," stated the Gristlegrinder, in a perfectly calmed tone, trying her best not to get on Katrin's bad side with her words. "During the Feast of Strength, I made use of some of the blessings Spring has bestowed upon me, and I did so in a manner that helped others." She looked around at the other Sovereigns, hoping that she was getting her message across. "I do not think we should just chastise someone for having used a Contract," explained Mrs. Rosemary in her usual motherly tone. "However, targeting someone with a Contract that may cause them harm of some sort, that I do take issue with."

The Spring Queen paused for a moment, letting her words sink in before turning to address the culprit once more. "Jessica, could you please tell us what you tried to do to Miss LeBlanc?" she asked, offering the Darkling girl a reassuring smile. If anything, the Ogress was at least trying to get to the bottom of it all, and treat everyone fairly until the matter was resolved. "From what you've told us, it seems that her presence provoked you in some manner. But, the Contract that you used, was it something meant to cause her harm in some way?"

The Bewitching eyes of the Fairest followed each Sovereign as they spoke, and then to the one called Jessica and the other called Morgan. The Steepscrambler seemed to have befriended the woman who first admitted she had cause such a ruckus. Then the words of the Gravewright lead to confusion. Had she gone back on her original plea, or was this something to turn the tides.

Though Violet was indeed alarmed by the outburst, there was something deeper than this. An outcry from the Darkling that of which laid heavy in jealousy. The Flowering wasn’t about to speak and further add to the chaos of the questioning. There was something to be observed in all of this and it’s fruition would be later. For now, the Nightsinger’s voice remained silent, amidst the frighteningly beautiful Winter queen, the flowers surrounding the skirt of her dress curled up subtly as the temperature had dropped in the room. All could be different with a few simple words…

Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

Terri remained silent as the other spoke. She was the youngest Sovereign and so, naturally, deferred to their expertise in such ways. When the temperature shifted so rapidly, Terri glanced towards Katrin but did not say anything. She herself had not long ago let her own mask slip.
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)
    Presence 4 (Friendly)|Striking Looks 2 (Petite & Cute)

Bump Decibelle

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.