Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
(1209) Morgan and John A

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan hadn't noticed John approach the bar, as a result she jumped a little when he spoke to her. Don't overact too- Morgan stopped thinking as she turned, scary faces... Morgan blinked, took another sip, and reminded herself that this was Autumn's coronation. She shouldn't be surprised if scary looking Lost showed up but that didn't mean they weren't nice people.

She give a smile in response to John's greeting, "Y-yes, I'm Morgan. I th-thought it'd be a good idea to attend. F-first time in the freehold for me, hehe." Morgan's eyes moved to the dias before looking back to John, "I'd say the night has been...um..." Morgan searched for a word, she didn't want to accidentally insult him, "invigorating in a not so good way? I-I'm sorry, I'm just a l-little worried about Jessica."

Morgan blinked and then gasped, realizing something she had forgotten. She gives John an apologetic look, "I'm so so sorry for my rudeness! I forgot! I'm sorry for not asking sooner, but what is your name sir?"

T
    Theseeker

My name's John, so Black Jessica's your friend right, why in did she use a contract? And why is it considered so bad to do so?" it wasn't a good way of keeping the conversation but it was better than nothing. Sometimes people fear someone like me or Jessica, spooky, we suffer even though we're not being evil in anyway, just having a weird face should not be motive of condemnation"

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan gives a sigh and nods, smiling at John before replying "Its nice to meet you John. As for Jessica and the contract, well I don't think she meant to do it but she did it." Morgan's look darkened, "All Lost have...issues thanks to the damned Fae. I guess Jessica's acted up. As for why contracts are an issue," Morgan figured descreation was best and just shrugged, "I'm new so I don't know."

Morgan's look did sadden a little, because John was right. He and Jessica did look scary and that would cause social problems. Morgan was sure that before Arcadia she'd have thought them some kinda of monsters, but now...now monsters were things with teeth and claws. "I-I'm sorry. I know it doesn't mean much but I don't think you are Jessica look evil. You're just...different, we all are. Heh, none of us get away from the Fae without scars, be they on the flesh or the mind."

Morgan takes another sip and shakes her head. Damn, I'm calmer but I really don't like where this is going. "Lets, uh, find a happier topic maybe? Um...sports, maybe? Or what you think of the Freehold so far?"

T
    Theseeker

John looks at her "Not a sportsman, I'm more on music, you know" he said nodding to his Lute case "Well as of now I know a pretty small number of the freehold members, I mean I don't know almost anybody by sight, didn't have any friendly conversation and might have got a little mixed when I entered the autumn court meeting and most of them think I'm an assassin, though I assure you I'm not such professional and as I said it's all a great misunderstanding, I just believe that if we need to take down a loyalist or a fetch I'm the guy for the job, as long as they give me a "meat-shield", my abilities are in fact more focused on blesses than on curses" After the torrent of words he looked down embarrassed. "So I'm going quite good as you can see" he adds with a sarcastic grimace.

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan smiled, as least she wasn't the only one nervous here. She understood what it was like, being new and unknown. The Lost don't trust easy and trust was always needed. Morgan chuckled nervously, twidling her fingers of one hand so John could see them, "Sadly, my hands are better built for scrambling than music. I'm pretty sure anything I played would be marked as a torture method. I'm a lot better at run and hide the serenades," she chuckled.

Morgan has a look of surprise on her face when John mentions the word assassin, "They thought you were an assassin?" She looks John up and down, tilts her head, and shrugs. "I hope I'm not being insulting, but I just don't see it."

T
    Theseeker

He opens his lute case and in the pocket removes his Harmonica, giving it to Morgan "Well you could try something that don't use strings, right? Try to position it in your hands.
    John smiles at her, but quickly return his face to a more apathetic one, blushing because of the sheer madness that he smile shows"Not an insult, it's more of a truth, I might look strange and all but as I said I'm not one of those guys you hire for killing others, it's just that I am capable of killing fetches and other creatures that are evil in a not very honorable way, but I would never kill a fellow lost or human that has never done anything wrong" he looks at her, one of the first few persons that had been kind to him, he wonders why. "But let's stop talking about that, how's your life here? What do you think about the freehold?".

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan accepts the harmonica and tries to hold it as John directs. She nodded in response to John's explanation of why people thought him an assassin. At least he seemed to have a code of honor, not some psycho for hire, despite what the smile indicated. He admits to being willing to kill but Morgan felt no danger from him, and trusting her instincts for danger kept her and her friend alive for a long time in that horrid jungle. Morgan suppressed a shudder at that memory.

"I'm pretty new here so my life thus far has been trying to find the Freehold. So, I guess you could say my life is just getting started," she give a short laugh at that. "The Freehold though? This is kinda my first introduction to it tonight. I've only met others Lost in Sacramento twice before tonight."

She smiled, thinking of those meetings, "Both times the folks were pretty nice and informative. Liked the innuendo but shouting out what we are would be kind stupid," her looked darkened as she remembered something that was said at the cafe, "though there are problems. One guy told me a rumor about hobgoblins running a slave market. Don't know if its true, but I hope it isn't."

T
    Theseeker

John looked at her, face suddenly enraged and then cold after she mentioned the slave market, everything related to slaves made him remember his durance. When we talk about then I don't doubt anything" he heard Mr Bates telling everyone to keep the noise down for the coronation was about to begin. He looks at Morgan "Now it's the most important moment of the whole night, I believe they don't want any conversation that's not "ohh, how the queen is beautifully scary and eldritch" so it's better to simply look there and put a very thoughtful mind, like this" he said moving on his chair and putting his hand on his chin to appear similar the Thinker statue. "Or maybe a dazzled one" then he returned to his normal posture. "Are you going to swear the freehold oath? And are you joining any court?"

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan just shrugged, "I plan to take the oath, but I don't know the courts at all. I'm not about to sign on with a court until I know what's what with them.

Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.