Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(1209) The Bar

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    m
    miniatureian

"Hey Heath, my pretty friend here is Dominyk. We didn't get much conversation in because...Jessica or Morgan may have dropped a contract on the pretty new lady. You say she's famous? Wouldn't doubt it with that face."

Terra relaxes visibly. She sets the glass on the bar and sweeps up the bills she had been folding into the tipjar so they looked like money swans on a money pond.

Heath Moore
    Heath Moore

Presence •••• (Entertaining)
    Striking Looks •• (Contagious Smile)
    Fame ••
    Mantle ••• (distant laughter)

Mask
    Brown hair, kind brown eyes, good-looking and quick to smile.
    Heath Moore - Mein

Mien
    Tall lanky with alabaster skin save for a stiff brownish mask-like face glowing yellow eyes and mouth. Thick locks of brown hair imitate a jester's cap in shape.

PRE

Heath turns back to Terra and Dominyk at the bar, after his comment to Big Lou Spedlord . "Hey Dominyk ( Dominyk Prise ), pleasure to make your acquaintance." He extends a hand to Dominyk, "Heath Moore, professional funnyman." Focusing on Terra's words he replies, "Yeah, she's a pretty well known Jazz singer, not that I'm crazy about Jazz or anything, but she's doing really well bringing it back to mainstream. Anyways, that aside, how've you been? You look good, like you're ready to party." Being of the same Court and Seeming, it was naturally easy for Heath to talk to Terra. But Heath was already a pretty laid back guy in his mannerisms.

A
    Ambrose

Lou’s face curled into a grimace. “It seems unlikely that Morgan would have fired off the contract. While she seemed quite paranoid at the bar, she didn’t seem stupid, and such an action is hardly a good idea. In her position she could be exiled, or, if the crowd was rowdy enough, even lynched... Anyways... Who are your friends?"I must’ve missed these two due to the commotion and interrupted their conversation with Heath, how rude of me. Names Big Lou” He said with a smile, extending his hand in their direction.

Dominyk Prise

PRE

Likewise, I always found some Jazz well worth the listening too. Her music helps me get in the mood for some of my books.” He smiled at the jester, “Yeah, Famous, but I didn’t feel any contracts going off? Is that why they were being dragged off....and who’s Morgan.

He knew Jessica, supposing Terra was speaking of the shroudchild that had dragged a keeper into the miniature tour around town he had been on.

Dominyk’s eyes flicked to ‘big Lou’ as he walked over. “Dominyk Prise, pleasure to meet you.” Of course when he heard ‘lou’ he thought Lou the absolutely beautiful cream-scale.

m
    miniatureian

Dancing a little in place, she quips at Heath, "I am a party! But no jokes about pants...professional funnyman." She gives him an exaggerated 'i'm watching you' glare.

"I didn't feel anything either, Dominyk. It all happened so suddenly, I'm hoping it was just a mistake. Lynching doesn't sound fun for anyone, though I suppose the crowd's reaction would be to the nature of the contract. If it's for looks or luck that's one thing, but something aggressive might be taken more offensively. I imagine someone might try to go to extremes to put the moves on.

What is the fancy Jazz Singer's name? I wonder if her music is different from the jazz that seems like elevator music. Though some music is written to relax, just not the artists I listen to."

Heath Moore
    Heath Moore

Fame ••

Mask
    Heath Moore - Mein

Mien
    Tall lanky with alabaster skin save for a stiff brownish mask-like face glowing yellow eyes and mouth. Thick locks of brown hair imitate a jester's cap in shape.

PRE

"I'm not sure how I'll manage it, since you're not wearing any," he says with a stiff wink to Terra.
      Remembering the Famous Person, 3suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-10-10 16:14:03 Heath rolls 5 to recognize the romance author [Int+Comp+Fame] (10 Again) 9, 9, 3, 6, 8 3 successes
    Turning back to Dominyk, Heath sizes him up once more. "Say...I think I recognize you," he snaps his long fingers suddenly. "That's it, you're that romance author. Yeah, Jessica said you were a pretty talented writer. Seemed like you made quite an impression on her. I hope you're not bummed she's in trouble. I'm sure Rook will just give them both a quiet reprimand so long as she cooperates. Since Morgan's the newbie, though, it's probably more likely she's the one who misused the contract." He tries to look sympathetic, though it's difficult with his mirthful face. He didn't want to mention that Jessica had sorta creeped him out when he met her.

"So how's it going in the novel biz?"

Dominyk Prise

PRE

Dominyk had that odd feeling that he had just walked into a Circle of Springs. He didn’t like Springs. It was easy enough to talk cordially to them, especially when his options were Summer (Where was Clare?) or Autumn. There wasn’t really a wide range of people he could talk to, especially when all of the friendly Winters were apparently not within line of sight.

It’s going, Leash is being rather difficult on me recently, but then I should have a new book out by november. And I have one in the working that I’m thinking of trying to push for the deadline to be after Winter Coronation, but I have no idea how that’s going to go.

He still didn’t know who this ‘Morgan’ person was, and it was one of those things that he really should know.

And the funnypants business?

A
    Ambrose

“Wow. Spotting a famous jazz performer and meeting a famous writer in the same day? I guess this freehold is the new Beverly Hills.” Said Lou, his grin widening further. While Lou had never had much of an interest in sappy romance novels, a well written book was something worth reading. "So a new book in November? You'll have to give me a shout when its released, i'll go check it out."

Lou felt the room cooling down a few degrees. Glancing over at the dais, he saw Morgan rapidly retreating from the scene, her face a mask of sheer terror, the winter sovereign’s eyes shooting daggers through her back. “Well, looks like we have our culprit.” Whispered Lou to the group, nodding in the direction of the dais, where Jessica still kneeled. As Morgan sat down at the bar with John, Lou pitifully watched her shake away. Poor Girl, thought Lou to himself, As if her nerves weren’t bad enough already. Feeling the need to try and calm Morgan, Lou decided to invite her and John to join the group. “John! Morgan! Grab your drinks and come on up to this end of the bar.” He called out, waving to them from the end where he was seated.
    Turning back to the group Lou softly spoke. “I’m sorry if everyone was finding the large number of us here a bit chaotic already, but I feel Morgan needs some friendly company after her rather dramatic introduction to the freehold. She’s got bad nerves at the best of times, but she’s a truly lovely girl. John also seems like a nice lad, and I promise neither of them will cause any trouble.”
    While waiting for their response, Lou hailed the bartender, “A whiskey and coke please. Lots of ice.” Lou turned back to the group, “Anyone else need a drink? My shout.”

Heath Moore
    Heath Moore

Fame ••

Mask
    Heath Moore - Mein

Mien

PRE

"And a famous comedian," added Heath to Big Lou's starstriking. "Okay, well not really famous yet but we all gotta start somewhere. Haven't you heard? California is full of celebrities!"

Heath shivered a bit and rubbed his shoulders as the cold wave hit him from the dias. "Huh, someone crank up the air conditioning?" He glanced around, wondering if somehow he had missed the coronation in the midst of his conversations but it didn't seem that way. The grand hall stayed the same, a reflection of Valhalla.

Turning to face Dominyk again Heath said, "Wow, by November, those editors must be real slave-drivers," he remarked lightheartedly. "Best of luck. As for me I've got a show coming up pretty soon so I have to get my material down."

Dominyk Prise

PRE

Dominyk smiled, the sharp rows of teeth appearing at the same time as the icy chill.

A cold pain lanced through his chest, but he ignored it and waited for the jester to complete his words before taking the floor again. “The book was finished around Spring Coronation, but since then it’s been nothing but editing. The publication date is in November, from what I hear there is at least one fan circle on Tumblr promoting it.” he shrugged. “But then I don’t generally hawk tumblr, particularly because I’ve seen fans try to guess my endings from the teaser chapters.

The Fairest turned to the Darkskinned Wizened. “Actually, anything with Vodka would be good at this point. What about you, Terra? What do you do?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.