Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Daymian meeting with his boss

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    N
    Noel

Daymian walks a few blocks from the payphone and takes some cash out of an atm. He scans the area the whole time he stands in front of the machine not wanting to get jumped and mugged the same night he had recovered from the last fight. No one bothers him or even walks by as he grabs his cash and then crosses the street to wait at the bus stop. He takes the 502 which shows up 15 minutes later as it will stop only a block away from Ember. The seats are mostly taken as people are headed home from work or out to the bars and clubs nearby. Heads turn as he steps on the bus and he gives them all a good smile and moves to one of the closest empty seats right next to an older woman. She moves her bag closer to her legs as if to protect it from him and he scoots as far in his seat as he can so she has enough to room to feel safe. The mixture of smells is as “interesting” as usual, a mixture of sweat, grime, cologne, and soap. There is the usual silence on the bus, no one talking everyone trying to mind their own business and not wanting anyone else in their own. A couple of the girls watch him intently he can see them in the periphery of his vision. But he’s used to that. No one really stands out or seems dangerous but his nerves start to rise the closer he gets to his stop. A few more people get on, more get off. Finally his stop and he steps off without looking back, he brushes off his shirt and pants before starting out on the walk. His suit jacket is again laid jauntily over his shoulder rather than being worn and he begins to move. He laughs nervously internally as his eyes scan back and forth trying to penetrate every dark area looking for danger. He had been careful before and it hadn’t been enough, as he hits the well-lit parking lot of Ember he lets out a breath he hadn’t noticed he had been holding.

Daymian nods to the bouncers and they let him in nodding in return. Good memory since it’s been so long and they see so many people every night. He steps through the door and the music blasts his eardrums, the smells of so many people out for a good time assault him as do the combination of lights, shaded areas, people dancing, people waving cash in the air, people weaving through the crowd carrying drinks. He wades through the sea of people eyeing the talent on stage, taking turns smiling, nodding, and sometimes hugging with the men and women who recognized him. He shakes off all pursuits of where he’s been and what he’s been doing as well as when he would be dancing with earnest replies he’s here to talk to his boss and needs to go. The ghoul stands aside as Daymian walks up and then past him. Though Daymian at least mouths the words “hey” and gives him a smile and nod of recognition. Got to pay attention to the staff, they are important too. He hesitates at the door for a split second before knocking. The ghoul hadn’t stopped him to tell him he needed to wait so he knocks and then Enters Alice’s office.

“Good evening Ma’am, I hope I’m not disturbing you.” He closes the door behind him hoping he was going to be able to open it again under his own power and not be running for his life.

Alice Brown

Presence ••• (Gracious)
    SL •• (Angelic Face)
    Invictus ••
    Alice Brown

Daeva Invictus

+1
    SL
    PRE

OOC

When Alice hears the knock she plans to say 'come in', were it not Daymian already stepped inside. She stands in the middle of her office, iPhone in her hand, and she looks at Daymian, unimpressed. Some would call it "not amused".

'Yeah, you can always hope for things to happen. But it helps to behave in ways to actually make it happen.' She nods in the direction of an office chair. 'Please, sit, Mr McMahon.

After putting her phone away she speaks to her fellow Daeva. 'Welcome back to the Domain of Sacramento.' Alice smiles nicely.

She always does.

Copy this + her expression :)
    "If you're not having fun, what's the point of living forever?''

Alice Brown, Blood Potency ••••, Presence ••• (Charming Elegance), SL 2: Angelic Face, Slight French Accent

Played by Dark Passenger

N
    Noel

Daymian moves dutifully to the offered chair watching her carefully, guaging her demeanor. His usual smile has been replaced this whole night with something more stoic. He sits down, smoothing the legs of his slacks in a practiced habitual kind of way. "Thank you Whip Brown" and here he pauses for an instant, he hopes using her title is ok as she had used domain rather than city. "Though in truth I never really left, at least not physically." He then pauses waiting for her to initiate what he's sure she has planned to say. His hands were folded together his body as a whole in truth was much more closed, more introverted than she had ever seen him.

Presence ••• (Gracious)
    SL •• (Angelic Face)
    Invictus ••
    Alice Brown

Daeva Invictus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Okay....?

'Explain yourself further, Mr McMahon, because I am quite certain it is at least your physical body I haven't seen around lately. Doesn't sound like good business for a stripper.' Alice is clearly somewhat confused.

Alice Brown, Blood Potency ••••, Presence ••• (Charming Elegance), SL 2: Angelic Face, Slight French Accent

Played by Dark Passenger

N
    Noel

"I apologize cous... Whip Brown. I am somewhat out of sorts as well. I'll explain as best I can." He draws another deep breath and then starts. "The last thing I remember is, I was walking along one of the many routes I took as a patol for the domain. It was on this walk that several people attacked me from behind, I do not know who they were nor do I think they were hunters or anything of the sort. But I suddenly found a piece of wood, like a broken chair leg thrust through my back and coming out of my chest." His hand unconsciously rubs his chest over his heart and his body posture seems to close up even more. "The next thing I remember is waking up under water, this very night, not but maybe just 2 hours ago. It was dark, cold, and the hunger..." he pauses, his eyes unfocused as he seemes to relive those moments. "The hunger of my beast dragged me from the water, but I was able to take enough control to not kill when I was able to find prey. I went to my place to clean up, and put on some clothes as the little I had left were scraps. It was on my way home that I saw it had been almost half a year." His body shudders a bit. "I hurried home, washed, changed and then called you straight away. Until I had seen the paper I had thought that maybe an hour or so may have gone by, not half a year. I came to you almost as soon as I could. I did not think me dressed as a bum or all but stark naked with the mud of the river and the blood of humans... I needed to be clean, as clean as I could be..." His eyes focus,then he looks at Alice again. He seemed to be at a loss to explain anything else.

Presence ••• (Gracious)
    SL •• (Angelic Face)
    Invictus ••
    Alice Brown

Daeva Invictus

+1
    SL
    PRE

After Daymian is finished there is a moment of silence. Alice switches her weight from one leg to the other. 'So, you are saying that you made it too obvious that you are a vampire, so that a random group of people decided to drive a stake through your heart... curious.' The pissed off tone starts to fade, that's a good thing. 'Maybe even stranger it is, then, that "they" dumped you somewhere and at some point decided to remove the stake?'

This is all kinds of illogical. Would he be lying? No, I should notice that.

'Do you have any clues, who... why...?'

Played by Dark Passenger

N
    Noel

Daymian shakes his head. "I don't know if they even knew what I am. The wood could have been something picked up out of an alley or something. Maybe a gang initiation killing...a jealous boyfriend or husband, I don't know. I don't even know if they pulled it out or maybe they threw me into the sewer and on my way out to the river the wood got dislodged." His hand slides over his chest again as he talks, and he thinks. "I mean, if they thought I was a vampire why throw me in the water? They could have just left me for the sun somewhere. His voice is soft and thoughtful, his look a little lost. "Plus if they had been following me wouldn't anyone I was seen with been attacked?" He looked up at his Whip puzzled and his usual composed self seemed a little cracked around the edges. But he was trying to keep it together. Till he could get back home, till he was by himself and then he could lose it at least until the sun rose again.

Presence ••• (Gracious)
    SL •• (Angelic Face)
    Invictus ••
    Alice Brown

Daeva Invictus

+1
    SL
    PRE

'Alright, I suppose you could speak with the Reeve or one of his deputies about this. For now everything is okay? You've fed already and your home is still yours...' That would suck, being in torpor so long they take your house...

A slight smile shows up. 'Do you have any idea how you wish to continue, in Sacramento and here, in Ember in particular?'

Played by Dark Passenger

N
    Noel

"I am well physically Whip, as for my plans. I do wish to stay here still, I do not wish to leave. Also I didn't come here expecting you would still wish to keep me as a dancer. I just wished to tell you what had happened, if you wish to still employ me then I would strive to be much more punctual to my sets than I have been." He smiles at Alice in return for her smile and the joke flows easily from his lips. It seems that she is helping him regain his composure. His hand slides one last time along his chest then his fingers begin to absently caress and tickle the fabric of the chair while he watches his Whip.

Presence ••• (Gracious)
    SL •• (Angelic Face)
    Invictus ••
    Alice Brown

Daeva Invictus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Alice contemplates the whole situation for several seconds. She wants to say several things, but then she reminds herself:

'You know you have to be acknowledged again, don't you? If I may advise, you should apologize for feeding without any rights, naturally Herald Villiers will understand.' She nods, as if agreeing with herself. 'Then, my wish to have more Kindred employees still stands. Like you said, you are physically still well...' the Harpies' voice trails off, then she chuckles.

'I appreciate it that you've come to me first.'

Played by Dark Passenger

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.