Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Auspex 1 (Unflinching Eye)
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

City : 2
    Ordo: 3
    Mekhet: 1

PRE

Hmmm... *Is all Max answers to Tracy's wink.

He nods approvingly as she talks about controlling her Beast. He watches as she flips through the pages of the books, waiting to see where her interest fell.* That was the first thing I learned in the Order as well. More than once the ability to keep my control has saved me at a critical moment...

*He walks closer as she settles on the books on philosophy and religion.* That is one possible route. My training involved a lot of beatings and torture. but I tend to take a direct approach when it comes to research and experimentation.

One of the keys to advancing with your studies it trial and error. Each Dragon learns, and changes, differently; and you will often learn more from failures than you will from successes. If you'd like, I can close the Meditation room for a few nights, allow you private and uninterrupted use while you try that approach...

PRE

Tracy listened attentively to what Max was saying, nodding as he spoke of his own experiences. "I can imagine," she said in response to his words. "Seeing how many Kindred lost their cool during the execution also helped me put things into perspective. It helped me to come to the conclusion that learning how to master my own Beast is something I want to dedicate my time to." The petite Gangrel then fell back to silence as the Grand Wyrm walked over to her and took a look at the books she had been looking over.

While his mention of beatings and torture didn't particularly bother the Slave, her emerald green eyes still widened a bit as he spoke of those methods. "Hmm, while that is certainly a very different approach, I can definitely see why it would prove effective in this case," said the redheaded Savage with a quick nod. "Testing your own limits, baiting the Beast to the point it rattles in its cage, urging to be let out...all the while trying to keep control, attempting not to succumb to its urges." Tracy seemed to ponder on these ideas for a moment, considering how useful such methods could actually prove to be.

As Max spoke about successes and failures, the redheaded Slave nodded in agreement to his words. "I find it that I usually learn more from my own failures," she said in response to his words. "I can then identify my weaknesses and evaluate those things I need to improve on. While succeeding is nice, if you know you are good at something and then you succeed at it...well, you aren't learning much from the experience, since you were already expecting to succeed in the first place." With those words, she offered a pleasant smile to the thin Mekhet.

"You would do that for me?" she asked about his suggestion of closing down the meditation room, her green eyes lighting up with excitement.

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

PRE

*Max chuckles as Tracy mentions Court, the Grand Wrym nodding his head in agreement.* Oh that was a hoot. But your right, that would be a prime example of when having absolute control over your emotions could have saved face for a lot of people. Though, I noticed you didn't need any help controlling yourself... *There is nothing but pride in his voice as Max compliments Tracy, she had done a fine job as a Deputy that evening.

He shrugs slightly as she thinks over his own methods of training, as if the long nights of beatings and Frenzy had been nothing. In truth, it had been so long ago that he had blocked out most of the experience.* I find that the direct approach often works best for me. But as I said, each student must find their own way to enlightenment.

*Another soft nod at the idea of turning the meditation room to her for a few nights.* Of course. The Chapter House is here to help all Dragons in their pursuit of knowledge. And if that means you want exclusive use of the Meditation Room for a while, that is your right as a member of the Order. Of course, that means you might have to stay here a few nights. Just so you don't have to keep going back and forth to your haven... *Max keeps his voice even, but his lips perk up ever so slightly at the unspoken invitation of Tracy staying over.*

PRE

Tracy smiled in response of Max's compliments. "Thank you," she said to him in a sincere tone. "I did what I could to make certain the traditions were kept intact, and to assure the safety of the members of the Domain." She paused for a moment before adding, "keeping a tight leash on my Beast was key that evening, which is why I find this path of study so important in the pursuit of the Great Work."

The petite Gangrel quieted down to listen to Max's words, nodding along in agreement with what he was saying. "I do prefer to take a more direct approach with most things," she said in response to his comment, giving him a devious little smile. "And I wouldn't mind staying here for a few nights while I try out the meditation method." Her smile widened a bit as she said those last words.

"Besides, I can take advantage of being here and do some reading in between sessions," added the redheaded Savage.

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

PRE

*Max nods his understanding, both to her answer and to her reasoning for narrowing her studies.* I too was moved to study the Coils of the Beast after witnessing someone else Frenzy. The lessons I learned have served me well over the decades.

*He returns Tracy's smile, glad he had found someone that could understand his understated sense of humor.* Well, the library is yours to use for any research you want. Did...

*Max's voice trails off for a moment as his pants suddenly start playing Rhapsody in Blue. Reaching into his pocket and pulls out his cell phone. Frowning for a moment as he wonders at who is calling, he lets it go to voice mail for now.*

As I was saying, did you wish to read up on meditation first, or would you like to see what we can do with the Meditation Room?

PRE

Tracy nodded as she listened to the thin Mekhet's words. She couldn't help but think that learning how to control one's Beast was the first lesson any Dragon should learn. It was vital to one's survival, and it mitigated one of the risks to the Masquerade. Also, being able to keep your cool under most circumstances had many benefits.

"Thank you," said the petite Gangrel with a sweet smile. "I'm interested in learning about the history of the Order as well, so I'll be interested in any books that may enlighten me on the subject." She paused for a moment, tilting her head slightly to one side. "And what better place to read about such things than the library within these walls?"

At the sound of the ringtone, she raised an eyebrow slightly and then snickered softly. "That's an interesting tune," she said to Max, a smirk forming on her lips. "I can save my reading for later. Why don't we head up to the meditation room?"

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

PRE

*Max can't help but be proud of Tracy's words. It was rare to find an individual that held a thirst for knowledge these nights. That his eager student was also his lover only excited the Grand Wyrm more. But, Max was nothing if not a master of his emotions, placing the feelings aside for the moment to answer Tracy's questions.*

Well, if you're interested in the History of the Order, it's best to start.... *Max turns, facing one of the bookshelves. He runs his fingers over the spines of the books, quickly finding the one he is looking for.

The one he pulls out was clearly old. It's leather binding was cracked and creased, most of the tanning on the spine and around the edges was warn away. The pages were dog-eared and yellowed with age, and the spine bore no title imprinted on it. He turns back to Tracy, putting the book in front of the Gangrel* Here.

*Now that the book sat in front of her, Tracy could make out the intricate design of the Ordo Dracul, a Dragon coiled around three pikes that bore an impaled skull at the top. Both the design and the title were embossed in gold leaf, though even that was beginning to flake and peel away. But there is enough left that the words are still easily readable: Rites of the Dragon.*

The story of Vlad the Third, Prince of Wallachia; AKA Vlad Tepes, Vlad the Impaler, and most famously, Vlad Dracul. If you believe the legend, this is the story of his life as a vampire, in his own words. It explains how he was cursed by God, spent years searching Eur-Asia for meaning in his life, and the basis for forming the Order. I say if you believe, because no one has actually seen old Vlad for a while.

Now, it could all be hogwash, but I've found all legends have a basis in fact. I mean, how many legends are there about us? And even if it is false, it will give you a good starting point to understanding what the Order strives to be.

As for more recent history, I would be glad to share my own experiences with the Dragons. But I'm afraid my expertise is limited to the past eighty years or so...

*Max laughs at the comment about his ring tone, shaking his head.* Well, I can guarantee I won't mistake my phone ringing for anyone else's.

*He nods at Tracy's decision, leaving the book in front of her as he offered her his hand.* Of course. I'll just leave this here, you can come back to read it anytime you'd like. Shall we? *He motions towards the double doors of the Dragon's Library, towards the hallway and the meditation room that lay at the end of it.*

PRE

Tracy's eyes widened slightly as Max set the book in front of her. The petite Gangrel scrutinized its cover with a vivid curiosity, opening it up carefully as to not ruin what appeared to be a rather aged tome. She listened to the Mekhet as he gave her a brief summary of the origins of the Order, making a couple of mental notes.

"Well, to be honest, if you would've asked me if I believed in vampires a couple of decades ago," said the redheaded Savage, speaking in response to whether the legend is believable or not. "I would've said no. So I have no reason to think that this Vlad guy may be real, and just sleeping in a cave somewhere or something." She shrugged slightly after giving her response.

When Max mentioned the ring tone, a smirk formed on her lips. "That's a good point," she said to him. "I usually just keep mine silent. It's less likely to blow my cover if I'm trying to be sneaky." Tracy gave him a quick wink as she said those words.

"Yes, I'll definitely be taking a closer look at that book later," she said to the Grand Wyrm, closing the tome shut for now and setting it down. "Sure, let's go." She gave him a quick nod, ready to move forward into the meditation room.

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

PRE

*Max laughs softly at the topic of his phone, the Grand Wyrm slowly shaking his head.* True, but my sneaky days are behind me. Now, I'm just a quiet and unassuming librarian... *He returns Tracy's wink, moving with Tracy through the Library's doors and down the hallway of the second floor.

As he works the handle of the door, Max flips the switch to turn on the lights of the Meditation Room. The room is setup in an Eastern motif. There is one section for setting, with privacy curtains; as well as a setting area near the large bay window along the Northern wall. There are several candles varies sizes and styles, though all have been modified with electronic “wicks” in deference to the Kindred weaknesses.

He steps inside, waiting for the female Gangrel to join him before closing the door.* I tried to keep things a little more subdued and relaxed here. If there is anything you think you might need, or wish to chance to help you with your practice, please let me know.

PRE

The Gangrel's left eyebrow quirked slightly at the Mekhet's words. A Shadow with his sneaky days behind him? She wasn't sure if she bought that, but she wouldn't question it right now. After all, the focus of this evening was to talk about her studies, and get Max's help so she could move forward in the pursuit of her first Coil.

"The mysterious librarian look suits you," said Tracy, a smirk forming on the corner of her lips.

She followed his lead out of the library and into the meditation room. Once they were inside, her emerald green eyes scanned the room for a moment. Her smirk turned into a smile, and the petite Savage nodded once in approval. While they had made a stop at this room during the tour of the Chapter House, Tracy hadn't really spent much time within its wall. But that was certainly about to change.

"This is great Max," she said as she turned to face him, still smiling. "I think this will work great. It's quiet and definitely has a peaceful air to it. If I can't meditate here, I may as well give up on that methodology altogether!" The petite Gangrel let out a soft chuckle, leaning in to place a soft kiss on his cheek.

"Thank you!"

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread