Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Auspex 1 (Unflinching Eye)
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

City : 2
    Ordo: 3
    Mekhet: 1

PRE

*It was a quiet evening at the Ordo's Chapter House. Max had posted a note that the House would not be open for guests that evening, and had sent Samantha and the other staff away for the evening. The large building was oddly quiet, given the amount of activity it had been host to in the past few months.

The Grand Wyrm waited patiently in the front lobby for his lone expected guest. He was dressed down, as usual; a respectable button down shirt and jeans. He hated teachers that dressed up; it always struck him as a way for them to look down on their students. He had a reputation at the university as one of the more laid-back faculty, and it had always helped him relate to his students better. He could only hope the same would hold true for his newest prodigy.

They had already gone over the ground work; lessons in cause-and-effect, unpredictability, the dangers that came with any experimentation. Tonight would be the first night Max showed Tracy the base practical applications of those lessons...*

PRE

The loud roaring sound of the Gangrel's Harley could be heard outside the house. A couple of minutes later, the sound came to a stop as Tracy parked her bike and killed the engine. She was wearing her usual getup, which was a lot more casual than what she was usually seen wearing in the Domain's Elysia. The outfit consisted of a pair of jeans, a red tank top, a black leather jacket with a pair of matching biker boots.

She walked up to the front door of the Chapter House and rang the bell. The petite redhead was certainly looking forward to her meeting with the Grand Wyrm. Even though her duties as a Deputy had kept her rather busy over the past few weeks, Tracy was excited about the idea of starting to pursue her studies further. While she had learned most of the basics since joining the Ordo Dracul, the feisty Savage felt ready to take the next step. Tonight would be the night when she finally got to explore some of that a little further.

I hope I'm not here too early...or too late.

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

PRE

*Tracy doesn't have to wait long at the front door, Max swinging the entrance open with a welcoming motion of the arm.* Hello, you... *He says softly, a broad smile on his lips as he steps out of Tracy's way. He fully understood that the requirements of duty came first, especially given the positions he and Tracy occupied within Sacramento. Still, it was an unfamiliar feeling for the thin Mekhet to actually miss seeing someone.

Waiting for the Deputy to step inside, Max closes the door and secures it for the evening; the locks sliding home with a solid sound that echos through the quiet Chapter House. And no matter what he wanted to do with the redheaded Gangrel, Max remains restrained; they had serious matters to discuss tonight before they got to anything else.

Walking next to her into the two story, open-air Lobby, he decides to let Tracy direct where the night's discussions progressed. What interested her would prove a helpful insight into where her studies would be directed.* It's good to see you again, Tracy. I hope you've been doing well?

PRE

"Hi Max! Or is it, Grand Wyrm Heinz?" said the petite Gangrel in response, giving the Mekhet a quick wink as a smirk formed on her lips. While she understood the necessity of titles and etiquette, she was fairly certain that sort of thing wasn't really necessary just when it was the two of them. After all, it would be weird to do so, especially considering the fact that their relationship went a little farther than mentor and student.

Tracy walked inside the Chapter House, eager to get their discussions started. She had been looking forward to advance her knowledge within the Order, and start pursuing her own path with her studies of the Great Work. Offering Max another smile, she answered his question. "I can't really complain, mostly just keeping busy," said the redheaded Slave in response. "How about you? How's everything going?" She paused for a moment as a devious smirk formed on the corner of her lips. "Staying out of trouble I hope..."

Ciara Maskelyne

I'm pretty sure we're on a first name basis by now. Or would you rather I address you as Slave for the rest of the evening? *He matches her wink with a playful smile.

He nods at her response of keeping busy; he remembered what the life of a Deputy entailed. He shrugs softly at her question, obviously relaxed as they talked.* Things are going well. The Order is active and growing, and I'm completing my preparations for another Chrysalis. Hopefully I'll be able to call myself a Scholar soon.

*He raises a curious eyebrow at her remark, a corner of his mouth perking up in amusement.* Oh always. You know I try and avoid conflict when I can. I haven't survived as long as I have by heading towards trouble. Though, it seems it still manages to find me...

PRE

The petite Gangrel let out a chuckle at Max's words, shaking her head slightly. "Tracy is fine, we can save the other stuff for later," she said to him, a devious smirk creeping its way to her lips. She listened to his words about the Order, and about his potential advancement in his own studies, which caused her smirk to grow into a full blown smile. "That's wonderful! I'm glad to hear things are going well; both for the Ordo as a whole and you as its leader." She paused for a moment before adding, "I look forward to hearing more about your success once you've completed the next step in your studies."

At Max's next words, the devious smile returns to her lips as she chuckles a bit. "Trouble always seems to find those of our kind," she said in response to him, giving him a quick wink. "Even when we are actively trying to lay low." Tracy gave him a little shrug after saying those words.

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

PRE

*Max nods his thanks for her congratulations on matters personal and professional.* Actually, I was thinking you could join me. See just what a Chrysalis entails. I'm afraid it isn't much of a show, but there are some important lessons you could learn from it still.

*He raises a curious eyebrow at her remark, moving around to wrap his arms around her waist.* Well, if trouble did come looking for us, it would be in for a hell of a fight; what with a Deputy and former Reeve around... *He leans in, giving the female Gangrel's neck a soft kiss before pulling back again.*

So, are you ready for the next lesson? *He asks with a grin, looking up the second floor library for a moment.*

PRE

The petite Gangrel's green eyes lit up as Max mentioned the idea of her joining him during his next Chrysalis, looking forward to how much she could learn from witnessing such a thing. "Wow. Yeah, that would be awesome Max," she said to the thin Mekhet with a big smile. "It would be an honor to accompany you, and I'll make sure to bring a notepad to take notes or something." It was fairly clear that Tracy was very excited by the opportunity, the smile not fading from her lips.

Her smile turned into a more devilish smirk at his next words. It wasn't like the Deputy couldn't take care of herself, but feeling Max so close to her definitely made her feel safe. As his arms wrapped around her waist, she couldn't help but swoon at the soft touch of his lips on her neck. "You know, you do make a very good point," she said in response, letting out a soft giggle.

When he asked if she was ready for the next lesson, Tracy nodded with conviction. She felt like she was ready, and had been reading a lot and preparing herself to delve deeper into her studies. With Max's help and guidance, the petite Savage felt like she could find the necessary steps to attain her first Coil. Going through that first change was both an exciting and frightening notion, but she still had much experimenting to do before she actually got to that stage.

"Yes, I am ready," said the redheaded Gangrel, giving the Mekhet a little smile.

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

PRE

*Max smiles at Tracy's enthusiasm, nodding his head in agreement.* Wonderful, I'll let Sam know that you'll be joining her when the time comes. Though, you might have to be tied down for your own safety...

*He doesn't elaborate on that little detail, instead letting the Gangrel's imagination take over for the moment. When she says she is ready, he turns towards the large stairs, walking beside Tracy with one arm on her hip as they take the stairs to the second floor. As they head up, she'll see the Private Library's door is open.

Max leads Tracy into the room, letting go of her hip to close and lock the door. There are piles of books laid out on the large wood desk that dominated the Order's library; on topics ranging from anatomy to astronomy, Far Eastern Religions to the basics of scientific theory. He motions for Tracy to head over to the books, Max hanging back a little; waiting to see where her eyes might wander.*

Tell me, have you decided on which Coil you wished to study first? *There's curiosity in his voice; Max had his own opinions of which Coils where best to study first, but he would be interested to see where Tracy put her emphasis of studying.*

PRE

Tracy nodded at Max's words, figuring that he had a good reason for such precautions. However, she couldn't help but find the slightest bit of humor in the statement. "Great, I look forward to it," she said with a smile. "And don't worry, I don't mind being tied up every once in a while..." she let her words trail off, giving him a playful wink.

The petite Gangrel let herself be guided up the stairs to the library, feeling the excitement rise as they took each step forward. When Max gestured towards the books, it didn't take long for her to walk over to them and begin to study their titles, curious as to what sort of things she would be researching in the upcoming nights.

"Well, I think that one of the biggest struggles Kindred have during their Requiems is that with their Beasts," said the redheaded Savage. "Being able to keep oneself calm when faced with potential danger or hunger, that is something I am interested in learning. It is a useful tool in preserving the Masquerade as well, and overall survival."

As she said those words Tracy continued flipping through the books, eventually stopping at one of the tomes on Near Eastern philosophy and religion. "Would meditation be an appropriate means to train oneself to have a better grasp over their Beast?" she asked, flipping through a couple of pages in the book before turning over her shoulder to glance at Max.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread