Ended
Watch

Avalon: a meeting between the Herald, a Deputy and Mr Passions

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    Angel of Darkness
    M

Erich slowly, cautiously rose back to his feet. He couldn't help himself, try as he might he could not rid his face of that small smile. So THAT'S the line.

"Of course Deputy Connery, as you wish." Erich took slow, deliberate steps back around the table towards his chair. He stands in front of his chair, waiting for the Deputy to return to his seat, just like a good Invictus would. "I apologize for raising your ire Deputy Connery, and for leaving you to suspect I could be up to some treachery Madam Herald Villiers. That was simply intended to be a demonstration of a small measure of my powers of persuasion. I believe Madam Herald Villiers that you have a better understanding of my talents now. Perhaps, you have a small task that your too busy with, one that I could complete for you. I humbly offer my services in desire to prove that I can be of use to the Prince's Royal Court, and should be allowed to remain in this Domain for an extended period.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha watched as Erich retook his seat and smiled as he did so. Keen also to watch Dillon to see if he was calm and relaxed too.

Allowing her Celerity to lower once Erich was at rest, she kept her cane across her lap and listened.

"Golly!" she begins with a bright tone, clearly her good mood is recovering after a moment of potential anxiety, but she seems otherwise quite cheerful, "Quite a moment of confusion there! The Deputy and I were only cautious. In recent months we have repelled several potential threats to the security of the Domain. We simply cannot be too careful!" she rests her hands across her cane. Allowing people time to settle again and to gather her thoughts about Erich. There was much about him to like. He was slick. He was charming. but was he too hasty? How far did his ambitions go? His negotiations seemed very one sided.

After watching Erich in silence a while, Martha spoke again, softly and sweetly,
    "To prove your good intentions, sir, and be certain of matters, as Keeper of the Elysian Fields, it is sometimes necessary for me to examine the thoughts and auric emanations of Kindred who cross into the Domain. I think I shall do so now, sir. As a precaution, you understand. As Keeper and Herald to the Prince of this Metropolitan Domain, I don't require your permission to do so, sir...but I feel I owe you the courtesy of informing you of what I am about to do!" she chirps, "It shan't hurt...it won't last too long. I have every wish for you to remain in the Domain, sir, and for you to prove your worth! I have no doubt you will be of immense value...and also be good company too!" she added with a happy smile, sharing the smile with Dillon to show there were no hard feelings about Erich's misjudged moment of proximity.

"Now, sir...if you will please lower any mental protections or defences you have in place...and I shall begin..." she focuses her mind. Adjusting first her straw boater and then her spectacles with a dainty fingertip gesture, she peered at Erich over the rims of her glasses with her bright blue eyes...watchful. As if successfully examining his very Soul.

Date Action Roll Result
    2012-10-07 07:19:52 Martha Villiers rolls 6 to Telepathy and Eric (Int+Ausp+Soc' - Res+Comp - 1 for surface thoughts) = 6 (10 Again) 7, 7, 9, 6, 8, 8 3 successes

The examination proved successful and useful. Once her exploration was done she adjusted her spectacles once more and smiled sweetly to Erich.

Offering a very reassuring smile to Dillon too.
    "Gosh...I see...well...nothing to worry about, sir! I am certain all will go well for you here!" another reassuring smile. Her words seem sincere.

Creating a pause Martha uses a blank page of notepaper from the coffee-table and neatly writes the telephone number of Zach Griffiths and gently hands it to Erich.
    "There, sir...that is the telephonic number code used to contact Mr Griffiths. No time like the present! Now...have you spoken to your Priscus, sir? Oh...and also...the Madam Bailiff? How would you feel about joining the Madam Bailiff on a patrol?"

Sensing a need for Erich to have direction and command, she decided to offer exactly that...with a happy smile.
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Bishop of the Lancea et Sanctum
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

Blush of Life active in public
    AotP disabled in Court

PRE

Kindred politics are a sticky web. And the more influence and responsibility one undertakes, the more tangled that web manages to get. It is no doubt why many of Dillon's less social cousins avoid society's spotlight altogether.

On the one hand, Dillon has no intention of disobeying Martha. She is his friend, and he respects her decision. Not to mention the fact that she is the Prince's mouthpiece, her words carrying all of his authority in his absence. Which is exactly why they find themselves in this position. It isn't the first time, and it will not be the last.

On the other hand, Dillon is a Deputy Reeve. Not a Hound for Martha to heel. Her security is his duty, and he reports directly to Conner Greyson.

Yet another facet that must not be ignored, he is Gangrel. A force of nature. He can be collared no more than one can collar a bolt of lightning.

Dillon's glare is a silent one. Drawing out for nearly an uncomfortable span of time. Hazel eyes shift to Martha, but the expression doesn't change. It might look as though he is directing the look at her, but he isn't. The subtle dip of his chin signals to her that he is in perfect control.

But he isn't finished.

Gaze shifting back to Erich, he speaks. Much more articulate this time, but still in a husky, almost scratchy tone. "You will maintain a respectful distance to His Majesty's Herald until she invites otherwise. Or you will do without the ability to walk until you learn better. You will maintain a respectful tongue in her presence, or I will remove it.

"That is not a wish. It is not a debate. And I never make threats. I eliminate them."

Reclaiming his seat, Dillon's usual smile never returns. The glare fades to a solid, serious expression of observation, and he is quiet once more.
    Be polite. Be courteous. Show professionalism. And have a plan to kill everyone in the room.

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)
    Striking •• (Boyish Good looks)

Angel of Darkness
    M

Erich nods to the Deputy. "Deputy Connery, have no doubt, I will abide by your directives. Please have no doubt, I am no threat. Why the last time I was in a physical altercation, I was a school boy. The schoolmarm whipped me so soundly I've never been involved in violence since. I have since, and will continue, to do my best to avoid another whipping." Erich chuckled, trying to restore some levity to the room.

Erich begins to lean forward to retrieve the note from the Herald, but stops suddenly. Glancing at the Deputy, he continues his movement, this time much slower and more deliberately.

"Thank you Madam Herald, I will contact Mr. Griffiths very soon. I'm afraid I have not been in contact with Priscus Twist, I had sent a letter ahead to her, but I'm afraid it must not have reached her in time. I will attempt to contact her again very shortly. Erich's smile broadens at the mention of Madam Bailiff Sage. The Madam Bailiff has made that very suggestion. We have, as yet, to arrange such, but I look forward to it. I fear I'm ill-equipped to deal any threat, but I will try my level best to assist her."

Erich slowly reaches into his jacket, and withdraws a business card. Rather than handing it directly to the Herald, he places it on the table and slides it towards her. After a moment of thought he pulls out another and slide it towards the Deputy. "So you can easily contact me, should you require. I pray the Good Deputy will remember that I can be of use. If you ever require a touch of finesse to compliment, your obviously capable set of skills. I can assure you, Deputy Connery, that I'm an Invictus by birth and breeding, I'll never knowingly make any action that would injure my status among Kindred of Quality."

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha watched with wide eyes as Dillon succeeded in risking the undermining the careful work she'd tried to do to manage and navigate happily through an awkward situation. To conceal her worry at where this might go, she took time to pour a tumbler of it and sip at it gently.

Things seemed to have suddenly become, socially at least, quickly complicated.

Martha quietly sipped her lemonade and tried to unravel what to do next. Erich spoke first and took away her initiative; so she just nodded to agree with Erich and nodded carefully to Dillon too.

"A generous offer, Mr Passions, thank you!" she added, trying to sound upbeat. "Well...Deputy Connery and I also carry out regular patrols. Patrols which sometimes take in the Elysian Fields...but also the wider territory of the Metropolitan Domain. We'd welcome the chance to meet with you again...perhaps you will join us on patrol shortly." she offered another happy, and sincere, smile. Clearly hoping the offer will help smooth any tension and show both Dillon and Erich she wishes to encourage trust.
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Angel of Darkness
    M

Erich smiles at Martha. "Madam Herald that is a wonderful idea. I look forward to it. Please don't hesitate to inform me the next time you patrol." Erich glances at his watch and rises. "Oh look at the time. I suppose I should be leaving. I don't want to take up any more of your time. Thank you for this evening. It was a pleasure.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha smiles. Clearly sorry to see Erich go. "Thank you for the visit, sir. Please...please do call again if you require anything further or wish to report anything amiss! Thank you for the rose!" she added, looking happily to the flower.

Angel of Darkness
    M

Erich smiles back at Miss Villiers. "Of Course, and your most welcome."

OOC

Erich turns to leave before the Gangrel decides to rip out his throat.

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Bishop of the Lancea et Sanctum
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

Blush of Life active in public
    AotP disabled in Court

PRE

It's not that Dillon harbors any ill will. If the Mistress of Elysia wishes to allow men who shower her with affection to stomp on Elysium law without retribution, that is within her right. But Dillon doesn't have to be happy about it.

And he can't help but run a particular scenario through his head...

If this poor sap were an unwitting, brainwashed body-bomb, would Dillon have been fast enough? Or would Martha be destroyed by now?

Hazel eyes shine nearly golden as his pupils retract to a fine point. He could literally still be standing here, with the Herald's splattered vitae turning to ash on his face. That is, if the explosion didn't wipe him out in the same instance due to his proximity.

Dillon isn't afraid of the Final Death, but he is terrified of failing to protect Martha from it.

"We need to talk," the deputy says after Erich is out of earshot. He is looking straight ahead, and his voice still carries a note of panic. It comes out in a strained, hoarse whisper.

ooc
    Be polite. Be courteous. Show professionalism. And have a plan to kill everyone in the room.

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)
    Striking •• (Boyish Good looks)

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha nodded as Dillon wanted to speak with her. She sips her lemonade, rests it back on the table and nods once more. "Very well." she sighs. "Let us pack away these things...we can speak in the Chamber." Wondering, as she glumly gathers items away to carry them back to her office chamber, about what will be said.

[OOC: I think we can start another scene for that and draw this one to a close ]

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread