Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Written in Blood

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

It was a Saturday and the Written in Water was having one of it’s biannual sales: 50% off any book in the store, and a free pastry if you get a medium coffee, two if you get a large. The signs are all over the store, at the end of the stacks on the little rounders, above the magazines, and even on the small bulletin board that awakened and sleeper alike use.

Behind the counter of the café is a relatively new employee and the long stand barista Mr Crowley, although he usually works the cashier. Obviously the store has it’s usual customers, as well as the hipsters from SacState that use it like a coffee shop and a library.

On the other floors most of the private rooms are being used for study groups as midterms are right around the corner.

Okay people, congrats you have been dragged into a plot, aren’t you all happy. Vassagon will be your AST today, treat him with respect. His posts, although they do not carry a blue name, treat them as if they do.
    Enjoy
    "My father says that almost the whole world is asleep.
    Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to.
    He says that only a few people are awake,
    and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

L
    LoneRanger

with a small grin in his mouth, Mr. Rossi sees Reverb, Idun and Miach, even if the first one is not recognised. Once he sees his host, he answers to his sign with a hand gesture. Mumbling to himself something about Time, he stands up, leaving the book open on the table and moves toward him, with a friendly smile;

-"Hey Miach, long time no see; thank you for coming. You are very kind, as usual."-

He also welcomes Miach cabal mate, offering a friendly smile, and a gentle small bow.

-"Mr. Rossi. I'm glad to meet you, I think to have seen you at a previous... Meeting; very glad to meet you."-

Smiling friendly to them, he offers them an handshake.

After waiting for Idun's and Miach's answers, he gives a discreet look at the man they both greeted or looked at.

-Is the owner of the guitar a collegue of ours? I haven't seen him before. We could see if he'd care to join us. In any case, please, be my host. What you'd like as breakfast? Cappuccino?"-

OOC

Miach

PRE

While Miach had come to greet Mr Rossi back into Sacramento, he would have been hard pressed not to notice the discount sales of books. The doctor rejoiced at this turn of good fortune, for he would have a great opportunity to fill some more his bookshelves with various medicine or biology books. For now though, he was in conversation with his cabalmate Idun and Mr Rossi who had joined them. Turning around to see the man that the Necromancer was hinting about, Miach realized it was Reverb that he was talking about, and he waved to the man to come as well.

Reverb is indeed a colleague. We might as well get you introduced too, since he seems to need caffeine as badly as I do. It was only half true, since the Acanthus felt rather awake, but no need to make the Obrimos stand out.

Kim strolls into the store and orders a large, additive-loaded coffee (cream, sugar, flavoring, possibly cocaine...) and her two free pastries, before looking to the other magi already present and offering a greeting as she walks over. "Here for the sale, huh? Anything exciting on the shelves?"

B
    Beej

Somewhere between putting down his tea after a sip and looking at the headlines out of Europe on his Kindle-Fire, Reverb's head lulls to the side and the Obrimos is out.

ooc

Idun

PRE

Idun hums as she enters into the store, she isn't sure if she'll find more then a single book that she would want to buy although the only way to find out would to be to take a look through the shelves. Although, she isn't sure if she should do it before or after she met with a collection of Mages. She approaches the counter for a drink, first and foremost, she could use something hot to drink.

Now then, what do I want to drink? She wonders as she stares up at the menu.

The new employee is a barista, a man in his twenties with sandy brown hair and a fleshy nose, who straightens up behind the counter when he sees Kim approach. Before he has a chance to recite his usual greeting to customers she places her order. Clearly a woman that knows what she wants. "Uh, yes ma'am," he says and quickly fills her order, though without the cocaine of course.

When Idun appears at the counter, she seems uncertain of her order. "Hello ma'am, welcome to the Written in Water café. What would you like me to get you?" he asks her in an obviously rehearsed greeting. "We have a special today, you get a free pastry if you buy a medium coffee. Oh, and two if you get a large." Not that the special wasn't already apparent from the advertising.

L
    LoneRanger

Mr. Rossi greets warmly Dark Eyes with a small bow of his head and a smile.

-"Ah Dark Eyes! Oh, yes, I wanted to inquire about some specific books. But, please be my guest. So you want a cappuccino, right Miach?.

He then moves to the counter, with a hand in the pocket.

Idun

PRE

"Large decaf with cream and the special." Idun says to person behind the counter, she could save one or both of the pastry to eat at a later time. She takes a moment before telling the person which of the pastries she would like. Ah well, I can get a Hot Chocolate or something at a later date.

Miach

PRE

Miach noticed his cabalmate enter and walk to the counter. She obviously needed a coffee more than company right now, and he would respect the need of his friend, so he refrained from waving to her, yet.

The mystagogue being still his old self couldn't pass the opportunity for a cappuccino, and smiled at Mr Rossi when offered his favorite drink. If you don't mind, that would be delightful.

When the Moros then hailed Princess , and inquired about books, Miach wondered out loud And what books might those be, if I dare to ask, please ? I know you for a fine lover of books, and not only of chemistry, so I can't help but wonder. As for me, there are so many books I could use to read, I don't know where to begin...

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread