Toren

Presence •
    Status •• (Academics)
    Mysterium Status ••
    Consilum Status •

PRE

This thread is a continuation from here

Key DaveJ Weavebreaker Halo Xander

After convincing (ooc: hopefully) the group of Awakened to accompany him to the JavaLounge cafι, Toren opens the door for the group as they file in. He is all smiles, trying to encourage them that this is a good idea. "Get something for yourselves and we'll grab a booth in the back corner," he suggests pleasantly. They would need the privacy and would likely need to be discrete in the subject matter of their discussion, but he was sure they were all on the same page with that.

Toren approaches the counter last after everyone else had ordered. "A grande mocha latte please. Oh, and a bagel," he orders. Once his order comes up he sits down with the rest of them in the supposed back corner.
    Oblations: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
    [Moros Meeting] Active Spells: Ward, Speak With The Dead, Grim Sight | WP: 5/9 | Health 8/8 | Mana 9/9 | Def: 2
    [Library Galleria] Active Spells: Supernal Vision, Unseen Aegis | WP: 5/9 | Health 8/8 | Mana 7/7 | Def: 2

Kite walked into the lounge with a veritable storm cloud hanging over him. As he approached the barista bar, his shadow seemed to loom over the coffeehouse like a newfound sense of depressing doom. With his eyelids half-open, and dark ovals under his eyes, Kite placed his order in a tone of voice that was saturated with the overwhelming message that he was having a Very. Bad. Day.

“Lattι please, largest size you have – with 3 extra shots... yes, I said 3 extra shots.” Kite shot a glare at the barista, who looked at him surprised when he had placed his order, but otherwise hadn’t said a word.

After collecting his drink, Kite – feathers clearly ruffled – dragged himself to the booth and started to nurse his coffee, slowly becoming less grumpy as he did so.

Leo Lockheart

PRE

Leo, like Kite, was in a rotten mood. Unlike Kite, Leo was fine before finding blood on the street, learning of an abduction, being unable to contribute thus far to the investigation, and being stuck in public for far longer then he cared for. Mostly it was being in public, but the other things didn't help. He sulked over to the booth, waiting for the others to place their orders. Leo didn't like coffee, just the smell grossed him out. Which just added to the list of reasons today needed to end. Once at the booth he scoots into the back corner so he can watch the rest of the coffee house as they discuss their investigation.

Weavebreaker

Obrimos | Adamantine Arrow | Consilium

Gnosis ●●● | WP ●●●●●●● | Mana 9(12/3)

Ritual Spells Active

Supernal Vision(Cloaked)(Month)Potency 10

Transform Aura(Cloaked)(Month)Potency 9
    Current Scenes

The Descent of the Circle

Phantasmal Armor - 6
    Supernal Vision - 5
    Mage Armor - 3

Mana - 7
    Willpower - 6

All the Kings Men

Supernal Vision (Cloaked) - 5
    Transform Aura (Sleeper)(Cloaked) - 4
    Mana 7
    Witch Hunter

Health:
    Mana
    Willpower:
    Armor 2
    Defense 2

Vulgur Spells in Scene - 4 (+2 Paradox)

Spell Tolerance - 2 (@3(-1))
    Active Spells - 3/6
    Read Matrices - 1
    Unseen Shield - 3
    Reduced Friction - 2

PRE

Weavebreaker is not in the mood for drinks or food, as she heads back to the booth. To many questions float around in her mind, and she is still unsure what she will be able to do to actually trace more information down. As she glances around to the others, she hopes that maybe one of them can muster a interesting trick, because as of now she feels a bit at a loss. With magic involved in the mix, she could potentially benefit the group later, especially if they came up against a hostile will-worker.

For now, though, she had nothing to really add. At least that is how she felt. She slid into the booth, sitting next to Leo. Leaning a bit forward, she rests her elbows onto the tabletop and glances around to all the people.
    Obrimos | Adamantine Arrow

Though still in a relatively foul mood, the caffeine-charged lattι Kite was sipping at the table seemed to be having its intended effect, and his demeanor slowly improved from being overtly, overly hostile against the world, to merely being depressed. After thinking over everything that had happened that morning while sipping his coffee, Kite addressed everyone at the table, keeping his voice down as he did so.

“For those of you who don’t know me, my friends call me ‘Kite.’ I am a Thyrsus and a member of the Free Council.” Kite took another long sip of his drink, further improving his mood. “Before we compare notes, it’s probably best if we start out by introducing ourselves. Also, because of the circumstances earlier today, I think it would be best if each of us knew – in general terms – what each other are capable of. As for myself, I am experienced in Life and Mind, and am an initiate in Spirit.”

With that, Kite abruptly stopped talking, having an irrepressible need to drink more of his supercharged coffee. After taking another hit, he looked around the table, silently wondering who would speak out next.

ooc

Halo

Leo Lockheart

PRE

Leo looked to Kite as he started his introduction.

'Man makes a good point, but it's inappropriate to talk of these things here in public. This has to be a violation of the Lex Magica, even if it is a small one. Talking of arcanums, paths, and orders in this place is reckless, and may the supernal help us if a Gaurdian overhears us.'

"Name's Leo," He says rather flatly before leaning in towards Kite. "and since we've just met I'd like to remind you of something. Talking of orders, paths, and such in earshot of a sleeper is a violation of the Lex Magica. It might only be a minor one, but it is an infraction I don't intend to commit. Stick to the investigation, switch to that special language we all know, or move this discussion to a more supernally friendly venue if that is what you want to talk about." He leans back into his seat, leaving Kite's inquiries unanswered.

"Switching pace I would like to talk about what we saw at the scene. Like Halo said, the broken glass probably means the vehicle that left the tire marks is down a window or two, which gives us something distinctive to look for. I think we need to hurry this discussion and start a search for the car, as these types of incidents are time sensitive. Did anyone note which direction the car left? North, South, East, or West?"

Toren
    Toren

Presence •
    Status •• (Academics)
    Mysterium Status ••
    Consilum Status •

PRE

Toren is a little disappointed that one of their party seemed to have gone missing, but he could have easily been held up or distracted with more pressing issues. Ah well.

Sitting with the others Toren nods to Leo's wisdom of discretion. "Agreed. But all the same I'll tell you my name. It's Toren. I enjoy mystery novels and I have specialties in certain matters of interest when I'm not spacing out," he says, illustrating the use of language he hoped they could all make use of. "As for the scene we came across I managed to get a hold of some of the blood that we found. It makes me feel rather sympathetic for the one who shed it. However I've no idea about the car or the direction it took."

If he were to try to link himself sympathetically through a scrying window he would definitely have to find someplace out of the way from Sleeper eyes first, and even then it would be a difficult spell, but one he could still manage. The Moros sips on his latte thoughtfully.
    [Moros Meeting] Active Spells: Ward, Speak With The Dead, Grim Sight | WP: 5/9 | Health 8/8 | Mana 9/9 | Def: 2
    [Library Galleria] Active Spells: Supernal Vision, Unseen Aegis | WP: 5/9 | Health 8/8 | Mana 7/7 | Def: 2

Weavebreaker

Obrimos | Adamantine Arrow | Consilium

Ritual Spells Active

Current Scenes

The Descent of the Circle

Phantasmal Armor - 6
    Supernal Vision - 5
    Mage Armor - 3

Mana - 7
    Willpower - 6

All the Kings Men

Supernal Vision (Cloaked) - 5
    Transform Aura (Sleeper)(Cloaked) - 4
    Mana 7
    Witch Hunter

Health:
    Mana
    Willpower:
    Armor 2
    Defense 2

Vulgur Spells in Scene - 4 (+2 Paradox)

Spell Tolerance - 2 (@3(-1))
    Active Spells - 3/6
    Read Matrices - 1
    Unseen Shield - 3
    Reduced Friction - 2

PRE

"Weavebreaker..." She says softly as they gave out introductions. She glances around to the others. "This is pretty time critical as there is signs of obvious injury...I am at a loss as to how we can find them, but my skills will be apparent once we do..." Her shadow name spoke volumes, but she does not care to go with the play on words as Toren did.

"Whatever we do we have to do it without delay. If that means finding a bit more privacy..." She glances to Torren. "Then maybe hit up the restroom." Her last sentence comes out barely above a whisper.
    Obrimos | Adamantine Arrow

Toren
    Toren

Presence •
    Status •• (Academics)
    Mysterium Status ••
    Consilum Status •

PRE

"Oh, you think I should?" says Toren cautiously in reply to Weavebreaker. "Well, alright, for the sake of time. But before I do, might I have the phone that we discovered? I think I may be able to get it to work."

He holds out his hand for the phone, preparing in his mind the Imagos needed to covertly reshape the object to help their investigation.

S
    Sabeleth

OOC:

Halo had arrived late, still getting his bearings in this new city. Picking up a latte from the counter he made his way over to the group.

"Sorry I'm late, managed to get myself lost on the way over. Are we getting anywhere and how can I help?"

He kept it short and took a seat at the table.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread