Ended
Watch

A meeting between the Herald, a Deputy and Dr Kingsley

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Martha Villiers

PRE

In the cellar vault beneath the Avalon nightclub, far away from the press of dancing Mortals, the lights are low.

Down in the cellar vault of the Avalon, away from the sweaty press of people and the nightclubs' bright lights it is quieter.

Here a calmer atmosphere prevails in the low lit area which is heady with the bright scent of fresh lemons.

Tiny Martha shares a leather sofa in the Common area of the Court with Dillon ( @ Wolven Pryde ). They sit at a low coffee table which is piled with notes, printed out copies of maps of Sacramento and copies of many US newspapers, tables of spreadsheets for various Domain accounts, learned academic periodicals and PDF print-outs of FBI manuals and police procedural documents. At their feet rest several bulky looking equipment boxes in cardboard cases. A carafe of freshly made lemonade and tall tumbler glasses rest in the coffee table too.

Martha sits prettily, meekly and sweetly attired in an English school uniform: a neat straw boater, a black blazer...a pair of scholarly spectacles are perched on the end of her nose, she wears a long black gymslip shows her slim legs to mid calf...her ebony black hair is tied into neat twin tails, each tail is tied with a large red ribbon bow. She wears a white kneesock on her flesh leg and a pair of carefully polished black Mary Jane shoes thanks to her C-Leg prosthesis. A crisp white blouse is obvious where the gymslip reveals it, as is her red necktie which is tucked neatly into her gymslip. A satchel and a simple metal walking cane rest at her side and are propped against the couch.

Martha is reading carefully and looks up over the page to smile to Dillon and then glance over to The Stairs to see if the Doctor will arrive shortly.
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

N
    Neil Kingsley

Having received the call to come in, Dr. Kingsley was most curious what it was he could do for the Herald. It wasn't often Martha Villiers phoned the scientist. At the time, had been lounging about contemplating the fifty-percent penetration velocities of .9mm bullets striking Type I body armor in an effort to put together a scholastic paper that just wasn't going quite according to plan. Needless to say, attending the Avalon could be a pleasant diversion.

He wore a black suit, navy blue shirt and an overcoat that night that night, adding a black and navy tie to complete the ensemble. As he arrived at the Avalon Underground, he set his phone to silent and stepped down the Stairs, eyes sweeping the room methodically to find the Herald...

OOC

Martha Villiers

PRE

Seeing the Doc arrive, Martha smiles and beckons him over with a cheery hand gesture. Guiding his attentions to the chair in front of the coffee table.

Once he is close enough, she offers a welcoming,
    "Good evening, Doctor! I am grateful for your time...thank you for coming to see us! Please...do take a seat! May I offer you some fresh lemonade, Doctor?" she smiles. A dainty hand gestures to the carafe and tumbler glasses.
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

N
    Neil Kingsley

Neil allowed a small smile of recognition to cross his face as Martha beckoned him over. He approached the pair and bowed to each. "Good evening, Herald Villiers, Deputy Connery." Approaching the offered chair, his eyes flicked over the lemonade briefly. He said, "Thank you, Madam Herald -- I think I am all right for the moment, but I appreciate the offer." He smiled genuinely at his cheery clanmate for her kind offer. Neil hadn't fed yet that night, and felt that prudence was the proper course until he had.

Removing his overcoat, the Shadow neatly draped it over the back of the chair and took a seat. His suit was calm, much like the Shadow - it was not a 'power suit'. It was simply formal, without being overstated. Neil preferred not to stand out in a crowd. His was not the role of diva star.

"How may I be of service?" the Shadow asked, interested in whatever it was that would cause the Herald of the Domain to require a forensics man to come by.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Nodding her understanding at the polite rejection of the lemonade, she waits until Neil is settled before using her cane to gently tap on the large cases close to the coffee table to bring his attention to them.

"Ah...straight to business, eh, Doctor?" she smiles. She always enjoyed a little chatter before getting to direct business, but he seemed keen to get the heart of the matter. Martha saw no reason to delay his interest, "Well...these boxes, Doctor..." she smiles playfully, returning her cane to lay across her lap, "...your first test this evening is to open them and tell me what you see within!" she giggles happily. Deciding that to engage him in some sport might be more fun than simply laying out a routine set of questions.

N
    Neil Kingsley

Always a curious one, Neil nodded, a look of interest on his face. He proceeded to open the boxes to see what was within...

Will complete post once I know what's inside!

Martha Villiers

PRE

Upon inspection, the boxes are found to contain about half a dozen items each of the following equipment:-

Multi-tools: www.copsplus.com/prodnum4489.php
    Police issue handcuffs: http://www.copsplus.com/prodnum964.php
    Boxes and kits of fingerprint impression powder: http://www.copsplus.com/prodnum5263.php
    Backing cards for lifting fingerprint impression: http://www.copsplus.com/prodnum9811.php
    Evidence bags (x100 per box): http://www.copsplus.com/prodnum7634.php
    Seatbelt cutters: http://www.copsplus.com/prodnum4492.php
    Car-lock entry devices: http://www.copsplus.com/prodnum5947.php
    Lock-pick sets: http://www.copsplus.com/prodnum5923.php

N
    Neil Kingsley

Kingsley inspected the items, smiling slightly to himself. "These appear to be the some of the makings of forensic investigation kits, along with some useful tools for the field."

He nodded approvingly, curious who they were for and contemplating other little additions that never hurt in his experience.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha smiles, she is clearly in a good mood; "Quite so, Doctor! Perhaps you can see where this conversation is heading? I would consider it a kindness and service to the Domain if you would be good enough to instruct the Bailiff, the Reeve, the cadre of Deputies and myself in the correct use of the equipment you see in which you are most proficient. As we are often called upon to conduct and participate in investigations the Reeve and I feel it prudent to equip and train accordingly." she smiles happily and sweetly as she adds. "Will you help us, please, Doctor?"

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Bishop of the Lancea et Sanctum
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

Blush of Life active in public
    AotP disabled in Court

PRE

Dillon had only elected to remain silent due to the directness of the meeting. His lack of a verbal greeting to Doctor Kingsley isn't intended to be insulting, nor is he insulted by the no-nonsense approach of the man. There is certainly no shame in being to the point, as long as you're polite about it.

Leaning forward a bit in his seat, the Gangrel deputy finally speaks. "Pride is a dangerous thing, Doctor Kingsley. Especially to someone with my current load of responsibilities.

"Now, I've been doing work like this in some form or fashion for longer than men who become professionals in the field ever live. I know my way around a lock well enough, when protecting the Traditions requires me to resort to it, but the intricacies of modern Forensic Science is a fairly new development to me. Admittedly, I've always been better suited to the more physical aspects of..."
    Everything. "Law Enforcement."

If that's what you want to call tracking and slaughtering rogue ghouls and breaches for various Princes over the course of the last hundred years, anyway.

"I, for one, am anxious to learn what can be used to our advantage, and also the specific things we need to be on alert for, due to the uniqueness of the Kindred situation."

The Masquerade must be maintained. And Kindred leave evidence just as the kine do.

OOC
    Be polite. Be courteous. Show professionalism. And have a plan to kill everyone in the room.

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)
    Striking •• (Boyish Good looks)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread