Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Twenty Questions

THREADID
May 18, 2020 - May 31, 2020
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up
    The Prince's Ghoul • Cozette Muriel
    The Prince's Ghoul • Olivette Angeline

+1
    SL
    PRE

[Prelude]

Industrial zip ties. Rope. Chains. Padlocks. Industrial shrink-wrap for pallets. A bed frame. Head tied firmly in place so that it couldn't be turned. Arnold or Konstantin couldn't have freed themselves from this -- Asa doubted this rather average-looking fellow could. It had been two nights since Asa had dragged the body to this old storage closet, free of unwanted eyes or ears. Pushing the Blood into his body, he removed the stake, and waited for the other Kindred to Rise.

He sat patiently in an chair, reading the reviews of the Philadelphia pre-season game.

So they let Vick play.

As the man roused, Asa looked at his torso, and spoke. "Please don't try to use any Gifts -- I'll just re-stake you and we'll keep trying this over and over until you can't be roused except by Blood."

[banner]asa[/banner]
    Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

J
    Jak

Ruthven blinked, trying to clear his vision. He definitely was not in the hotel anymore, and he couldn't move. As he tried to shift his head to look at his restraints, he realized that even his head was tied.

Right then, Ruthven. Let's just slip these things and be on our way. He didn't even bother struggling futilely. Who was he kidding? He clearly wasn't going anywhere. He could--maybe--slip a couple of the knots if he had plenty of unsupervised time. Which was precisely what he didn't have, as he noticed motion in the room out of the corner of his eye.

I know almost no one in Sacramento. Who the hell would want to stake me?

The motion materialized into a calm-looking man, leaning over Ruthven. Without even trying to move his head, Ruthven speaks while keeping his eyes locked on the dark ceiling. If you wanted to talk, you could have used the stake to just tap me on the shoulder.

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Please tell me about yourself, Mr. Ruthven, and what brings you to Sacramento. I'd also like to hear what you plan to do with your time here," Asa replied, calmly ignoring the man's words.
    Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

J
    Jak

So you do just want a conversation. Sure, I'll tell you all about me. Why don't you just take all this off me, and tell me who I'm talking to. Ruthven's voice remains calm, and he continues staring at the ceiling.

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up

+1
    SL
    PRE

"We'll find out how quickly you learn, at least, won't we?" Asa asked, calmly and rhetorically. "Well, perhaps not. After all, it may be a few years before I find the time or patience to give you another opportunity to answer my questions."

With the sound of a knife cleaving watermelon, Asa drove the stake back into the ragged hole in the man's chest.

End Scene

Closed Thread