Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Carthian Meeting: Nobody's Prefect

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... Last

Taylor McCoy didn't have much time to prepare his/her home for so many guests, but he/she did his/her best. He/she moved a few extra tables and chairs into the living room, and a few extra lights to assure the lighting was perfect. The Myrmidon was actually quite happy to have everyone over, there would be so many eyes admiring all the art he/she had collected over the years. Perhaps I'll even show them the Taurobolium...

With everything ready, Taylor opens his front door and stands in the frame waiting for the first car to arrive. He/she stands there wearing a men's black suit with bold white pinstripes.

B
    Breefolk

Lezlie double checks the paper she has in her purse. Yep, this looks like the place, she thinks as she steps up to the door.

Wanting to look good for her first meeting with the local Carthians, she has dressed in a bright green skirt and a white tank-top. And she's wearing heels again. These damn heels.

Getting her courage up, she comes to the door and taps three times. Knock-knock-knock.

Leonard "Lenny" Pope

PRE

Lenny parked his yellow 350Z convertible and walked up to the house. What the night would hold he had no idea. The whole Movement was completely fucked.

Coming up behind a young woman, he spent a few moments admiring the legs that stretched out from beneath the green skirt and said one of his many prayers of thanks to whoever invented the high heel.

"Sorry," he offered an apologetic smile. "I'm a Daeva I really can't help myself. Name's Lenny. You must be new -- you weren't here for the last meeting."
    Leonard "Lenny" Pope
    Ob 2 mask of tranquility
    presence 4 "casual confidence"
    Vitae 4

Arnoud Giessen
    Arnoud Giessen

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Given the influx of new arrivals you might be able to repeat that line several times tonight." Arnoud says in a relaxed conversational tone as he casually strolls up to Lenny and Lezlie. As though he hadn't been almost eerily silent in his approach up to the point where he revealed himself.

Arnoud was wearing a casual but very nice black-gray-and-silver business suit and held a looping rope in his hand from which dangled a (to Lenny familiar) tube the length of an arm.

"Arnoud." he introduces himself with a slight smile to the would-be Carthian.

Eying Lezlie's physique and outfit critically Arnoud adds with a wider smile;
    "Though I suppose Lenny is right, we Daeva are known for our weakness before the aesthetically pleasing."

Rosuto pulls up to the house, making sure her address is correct. She steps out of the car and meanders up to the door. She smiles at Lezlie, glad to see the other woman had made it. Assuming someone had already knocked, she merely waits patiently with everyone else.

If we shadows have offended
    Think but this, and all is mended......

Arnoud Giessen
    Arnoud Giessen

+1
    SL
    PRE

Arnoud greets Rosuto with a slight nod of his head. He remembered her. The girl had barged in on his private conversation with Lenny in the Lily. He hadn't expected her to be an Invictus after that stunt but now she was on the Movements doorstep. Was she a Carthian or an Unbound shopping for a Covenant? Could be either when you considered her contact had been Stephen Archer.

Still, there was little need to piss her off without more information to go on so a nod in greeting to the silent presence it was. Besides he kinda liked Kindred that knew how to shut up. Grandstanding, sucking up or backstabbing seemed the only three modes most Kindred functioned in. This was refreshing.

((OOC: Technically, I had Taylor leave the front door open and stand in the doorframe waiting for others to arrive. But I'll go with the knocking part for plot-simplicity. ^_^ ))

Taylor McCoy opens the door shortly after the first knock, and is immediately greeted with what seems like a mob of kindred. Some are familiar faces from the first meeting, but there are many Taylor does not recognize as well. Hmm, it appears that the Movement has grown...

From his/her doorframe, the Myrmidon speaks over the gathered kindred to draw their attention. "Excuse me everyone, if you would all like to come inside and take a seat the meeting will begin in a few minutes." Taylor steps to the side, allowing the other Carthians to come inside his/her home. As each one passes inside, he/she shakes their hands and gives those he recognizes a brief welcome, "Thank you for coming, it's good to have you back." And to the newcomers a handshake as well and, "Hello, I'm Myrmidon Taylor McCoy, thank you for coming."

B
    Breefolk

Lezlie makes sure to shake Lenny's hand. Hard. With Vigor. "Lezlie," she says. "Sorry, I'm a Daeva. I can't help myself," she adds with a sarcastic smile. Lezlie smiles at Rosuto when she arrives, glad to not be the only woman here.

When Taylor opens the door, Lezlie's eyes widen. she thinks. She shakes Taylor's hand. Did I just enter the Hottie Zone? "Hi, I'm Lezlie. I'm new to hotness-" she catches herself and quickly hastens to correct her mistake. "Sacramento! I'm new to Sacramento." She smiles sheepishly and slinks off to slump into a seat, trying her hardest not to be noticed.

Arnoud Giessen
    Arnoud Giessen

+1
    SL
    PRE

((OOC: Heh, yeah sorry, just went with Breefolk and Schon as it already was 2-1. It's kinda like consensus reality. >_<;; ))

Lezlie's response pleased Arnoud, perhaps he no longer was the only Daeva who's unlife didn't revolve around carnality. When Taylor shows up all such hopes are, of course, immediately dashed to bits. Though Arnoud found some of his Kindred
    aesthetically pleasing he was in no way ever attracted to their physiques, at least not to the point where such things effected him noticeably.

Entering after Lezlie, Arnoud gave Taylor a most inquisitive stare. It was clear Arnoud had read the notices in the Elysia. His 'what the hell happened?'-expression remained carefully hidden though. Unlike the previous time so many Carthians had gathered in one place. After a second, Arnoud continued in.

A lot had changed and Arnoud didn't particularly enjoy such chaos. Unlike during the previous meeting, however, Arnoud carried himself... well, normal. Even confident. He seemed very unlike the Arnoud that had introduced himself during the Carthian Meeting that saw Taylor's rise to Myrmidon.

And, obviously, this Arnoud didn't shrink away from eye contact either.

Leonard "Lenny" Pope

PRE

"Hello, Rosuto," Lenny greeted the Asian woman he had met the other night. Apparently her ignoring Arnoud had been upgraded to include him or she was just precoccupied or nervous with meeting the Carthians.

Lenny took Lezlie's hand and gave her a small smile and nod to admit that he had been a bit tacky, but seemed completely unfazed by her strength. His own calloused hand made no effort to reciprocate but Lezlie could feel the steel of impressive strength in the casual grip.

He looked at Arnoud and gave a slight shrug and smile. Apparently Lezlie would be in for a surprise if the next Daeva meeting were anything like the last, that is, if she found his appreciation distasteful. "Glad to see you could make it," he greeted the other man, sincerely. It was good that Arnoud wasn't caught up in the business that seemed to have engulfed the (former) Prefect.

Lenny greeted the androgyne with a smile. "Taylor, thank you for hosting," he said, also with unfeigned sincerity. He quietly entered and took a seat and waited to see who else would show and how the meeting would go. The seat he took was purposefully parallel to Lezlie's, not wanting to antagonize her by sitting across from her legs.
    Leonard "Lenny" Pope
    Ob 2 mask of tranquility
    presence 4 "casual confidence"
    Vitae 4

Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... Last
Closed Thread