Ended
Watch

(0912) Mekhet Priscus Wooding

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 11 of 13 First ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Last

Catherine Keyes

PRE

Catherine dropped her writing implement.

Shock, it flashed across her face.

That was something she wasn’t expecting...but it would make a great story. She turned to look at the New new priscus. Three in one night...

And I was really hoping to get an answer to that question.

She stooped to pick up the pen, and watched as the third Priscus in an hour took his place. She leaves the pen down. What would this proclamation bring? There were reasons for either direction, but she had no desire to call out again.

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

Aileen's eyes had warily followed Reeve Greyson as he precipitately left the room, but she was completely befuddled when Dr Kingsley did the same without any sort of former notice. Had they been in league somehow ? And what for ? It was clear to anyone who looked at her that she was at a complete loss about the current flow of events. Seemingly it was now Hierophant Woodings in the line of succession... and he tried to go on as if nothing untoward had happened ?

Clearly, she had a lot more to learn about mastering her emotions. At least from all this mess, there was this positive teaching that she had still room for improvement.

Aileen, feeling too new to the Domain to have any informed opinion on the matter of the ban simply declined to answer, and with a small turn of her wrist indicated so to her newfound Priscus.

B
    Beej

The little monk was shocked to say anything. Watching Neil leave, he was rather confused and frankly offended by the sudden departure. To claim one is best suited to lead one's clan and then toss it aside so instantly.

With the elevation of Wooding, Teo nods his in recognition, an eyebrow still arched at the whole situation. At the proposal Wooding put forth, Teodor resist the urge to stroke his beard with herculean effort. The Crone plans to educate his flock perhaps? he wonders. "I am curious Priscus, what would you consider to be price? If..ehm someone offered Theban sorceries for the oppurtunity to learn Auspex, would we all then receive the sorceries?" the implied question was of course, what if Cruac was offered up? Would we all receive it? Or if a Dragon offered up a Coil? That was the trick.

Presence
    (Occam's Razor)
    Striking Looks
    (Red Hair, Green Eyes)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Erika Brady

PRE

Erika returns to inscrutable silence, watching Teodor as he speaks, then turning her attention back to Chris to see how he would handle the question.

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Auspex 1 (Unflinching Eye)
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

City : 2
    Ordo: 3
    Mekhet: 1

PRE

Ahh, is that what you were doing? Forgive me, I must be watching too many law dramas lately. You were doing a very convincing Perry Mason for a moment there. *Max answers calmly, seeing it was a simple misunderstanding.*

And actually, I had a mind to nominate Hierophant Wooding. But, as I said, I had faith in Reeve Greyson's judgement. Though, I must admit, at the moment I am having a deep crisis of faith. *He glances over to the door that saw two Prisci walk out it in the space of five minutes.

He then turns his attention back to the conversation at hand, more than a little surprised as Chris's idea of teaching Auspex outside the Family. He was eager to hear the answer the man gave; there were some subjects outside the preview of the Order and the Mekhet that Max would relish the idea of studying.*

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    (-1 Vitae in Requiem for Blush)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

- 1 Vitae for Blush of Life in Requiem Subforum

PRE

Chris listens to what Teodor says and smiles while shaking his head. 'I'm not sure if that is something comparable. One needs a deep Faith in His Purpose to even begin to understand using the Dark Miracles. Likewise other Covenant-specific sorcery such as Cruac will never be traded and taught outside covenants.'

I hope.

'Auspex, on the other hand, is not as Clan-specific as we would like it to be. First of all, I think we should let each other know when someone wants to learn Auspex from us. We will keep this in control. Then it is very personal what someone has to offer in return. Besides, teaching someone how to be able to have clear sight in the night is completely different than letting others into our minds.'
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

Martha Villiers

PRE

This was interesting. A negotiation of Auspex! This set her mind afloat for a moment about potential trades and deals with others. The powers of the Blood, she mused, are an unusual currency to barter with.

Though, having not much to say, Martha simply nodded, listened and paid attention to each speaker.
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Catherine Keyes

PRE

A thought, if I may.” Catherine said carefully, “Auspex is native only to our clan, each other clan has their own native gifts as well. Supposing someone does come to us with a request to learn, what should we charge in an exchange? Would a simple exchanging of gifts be enough?

She folded her hands on the table before her. “What if this gift they offer in exchange is of their own clan? Or would an exchange of knowledge for Boon be more appropriate?

Perhaps it was the variables that had caused whoever on the third of June, 2011 to ban the teaching of Auspex.

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    (-1 Vitae in Requiem for Blush)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

- 1 Vitae for Blush of Life in Requiem Subforum

PRE

After Catherine spoke Chris thinks another while. 'Alright, since I think a simple exchange is not always enough, let me put it this way: Formally, teaching Auspex outside our Family is still forbidden. However, might there be an occasion when someone asks for it, let me know as soon as possible. Then, we will decide as a Clan what to do. If there's more to gain, why not. But as Mekhet, we should never sell our secrets cheap.' There's a short look around the table to check if everyone understands the new Priscus.

'If there are no questions...? I'd like hear if anyone wants to be Clan Whip? We just lost two men, for whatever reason, but this does not weaken us in any way. Having a Whip shows outsiders that we are well organized.' His eyes linger on Martha and Max as he's finished.
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha had listened and watched and as Chris' gaze fell upon her and Max, she blinked meekly.

A brief smile to Chris.
    "Thank you, Priscus. It sounds a truly splendid opportunity! However, I could not, in all honesty, adequately discharge my Duties to the Domain, the Ordo and the Clan simultaneously and discharge them all with the appropriate attention they all deserve and require. I might wish to do so...but I am aware of my present limits. The outcome would soon be counter to intentions. Matters would suffer." she offers a sweet smile and sincere shrug. She felt it best to be honest in this and manage expectations accordingly.

There were, after all, only so many hours in the night.

Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Page 11 of 13 First ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Last
Closed Thread