Ended
Watch

(0912) Mekhet Priscus Wooding

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 6 of 13 First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... Last

Martha Villiers

PRE

Nodding, she smiles. "With your permission, Priscus...ladies and gentlemen, I beg to be excused so I may fulfil the request and speak with Brother Raluca in private." she smiles again, nodding to Conner and Teo and makes ready to stand.

Martha will pause to see if halted while getting her cane to cane and...unless stopped...will meekly make her way to speak with Teo outside...
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

C
    Conner Greyson

Conner nods, and waits. This was becoming a bit more of a production then he had originally planned.

B
    Beej

Teodor nods to Connor as he rises and walks over to the door, opening for Martha and then closes it behind them. He leads the Herald a little ways down from the room just in case the room full of auspex trained kindred might could not so easily eavesdrop.

"Herald Villiers," he beings speaking low. "I am truly humbled by your nomination but.." he pauses searching for the best way to phrase his English. "I do not believe I could an effective Priscus so new to the Domain. But..with two so new kindred nominations...is there.." he pauses "Is there deeper purpose you wish for me to be Priscus?" The line of questioning was dangerous and the little monk knew.

Empathy 3suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-10-15 23:41:41 Teodor rolls 5 to Empathy(Spec for Lies) Wits+Emp+Spec (10 Again) 10, 1, 10, 4, 7, 3, 9 3 successes
    2012-10-15 23:40:49 Teodor rolls 1 to Empathy(Spec for Lies) Wits+Emp+Spec (10 Again) 4 failure

Catherine Keyes

PRE

Catherine retained her posture, speeches on the fly were always so interesting. Neil had points. In all truth, Catherine really didn’t care who was Priscus, she was actually currently trying to place the origins of that man’s name. She had stopped paying attention and started to let her mind drift to other things while she kept her eyes, unblinking, staring at some spot on the table.

Occasionally the thought that this was the oddest election ever would cycle through her head, but apparently someone knew what he was doing.

Martha Villiers

PRE

A little way down the corridor, out of ear shot...

Teodor's Empathy will detect no obvious lie in her reply.

With a blink or two, Martha seems unflustered by the question;
    "Deeper purpose? Other than to see you advance? Not really, Brother! I might as easily offered a nomination to Dr Kingsley, but I wished to speak with him about another possible role in the Domain...it seemed to me that the Priscus was attentive to having those in a senior role too overburdened with activity. To offer a nomination to Mr Wooding, as he is also the Heirophant, seemed to be likewise silly. I see no reason why you should be excluded. Besides, what I said about your qualifications were my true thoughts. Nevertheless, if you wish to reject the nomination, so be it! Just make certain that in doing so you don't make me seem a total dunce for offering you the opportunity!" she giggles. Leaning on her cane, she smiles to Teo.

The little monk's head bows a little. His initial impression of Herald Villiers seemed to he have held true and his second guessing her motive made him feel a little bashed.
    "Please forgive me second guessing of you, Herald. The oddity of the situation has made me...jump at Shadows as they say." his lips quirk at the quite literal double meaning.

He did not see himself winning. Nor did he think he had the English mastery to extricate himself from a nomination and not make her look like a complete dunce. The nomination was one of confidence, not of a game of shadows.
    Is this what you desire, My Lord? A new test? "If you believe, I shall try Herald. I do not think I will carry the vote but one cannot grow if they do not try." he bows his head again.

She smiles and nods.
    "Second guess me, sir?" she giggles, "Well I never!" a happy smile. "I wish you well with the vote! You certainly have my confidence!" another smile.

"Thank you, Herald. I will strive to prove your judgement at every opportunity." He gestures back down the hallway. "Shall we, Herald?"

With a nod of agreement, she smiles and joins Teo in making their way back to the meeting...

Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

B
    Beej

Teodor opens the door for Martha and closes it behind them, rejoining the meeting. He walks back, retaking his at his chair. His thumb, fore and middle fingers on his right hands are touched together.

"Like Doctor Kingsley I had not come to this meeting tonight expecting to be considered for Priscus." he pauses. "I accept the nomination of Herald Villiers because I believe I am the right person to represent our Clan."

"I believe I am because I know responsibility and service. I have lived both for many years." He looks to Katherine, Aileen and Kingsley. "I know the complexity of helping the new comer and the young in find their way into their Requiem. Of helping them find a path that gives them meaning." He looks toward Villirs and Sage. "I know what it means to watch over travelers, vagabound and scholar, providing safe shelter and facilitating feeding." He looks to Conner, Brady, Heinz and Wooding. "I know that when one stands beside wisdom and experience, one embraces it instead of looking at it with jealousy and fear."

"As a man of faith and a Dragon, I know one cannot succeed through single mindedness alone. Careful study and faith are what I solve challenges with." Teodor looks around the table. "And I would meet challenges before our family just the same. Not with just my own personal faith, but with faith in our clan; in what it has done and we are capable of." he bows his head. "Thank you."

N
    Neil Kingsley

A small smile crosses the scientist's face as the Herald and the Romanian return to the room. Neil remains attentive as Raluca makes his speech. As he hears the message the man conveys, his lips press together slightly as he considers something. Once the man finishes, he offers the Tismanu a respectful nod of thanks before returning his attention to the Reeve.

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

As the events surrounding the nomination unfolded, Aileen went from surprise to surprise. Thankfully, one of the things she had learnt early on in her Requiem was to hide it, so she tried to show poise. Experienced Kindred would probably not be fooled, but they might at least appreciate the effort. When she heard both men's pledges, she thought about it, but in her heart's heart, she knew where she would cast her vote, and waited for the Reeve to proceed.

Presence
    (Occam's Razor)
    Striking Looks
    (Red Hair, Green Eyes)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Erika Brady

PRE

"Rhetoric aside," Erika spoke up, her voice calm and cool as always.

"What do each of you 'bring to the table'? You are both minor members of the Domain. One of you counts the support of our Reeve, and one of the support of our Herald-Keeper. What other alliances or influence can you leverage for our Clan? We are all scholars: what can you teach us?"

She paused, considering the impact her own candidacy would have on her studies.

"We also count among us two Covenant leaders, one of which has declined a nomination. Hierophant Wooding, will you accept my nomination?"

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    (-1 Vitae in Requiem for Blush)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

- 1 Vitae for Blush of Life in Requiem Subforum

PRE

Wth a whole range of mixed feelings, Chris listens to Neil and Brother Raluca after his return. Hearing them, you'd almost think everyone is suitable for being a Priscus.

Then Regent Brady speaks, and Chris thinks it is the second time that this woman makes him smile in his Requiem. After a second of staring at her with a surprised expression, he speaks calmly. 'Yes Regent Brady, I accept the nomination.' He bows his head to her.

'As we seem to tell something about ourselves, I will do so as well.'
    The 'we' being the other nominees, Chris looks at them. 'I also believe I am well suited for the position of Priscus. Of course I see we are a Clan of great importance to the Domain of Sacramento, and I have been trying to welcome and guide new arrivals for over a year already.' That's not so special. After a short look around the table Chris nods to Erika.

'To answer some of your questions: I have already shown some capabilities as a leader, both as Hierophant but also for Domain interests, I hope the safari you planned will be a great succes.' Before he continues he smiles at Herald Villiers while mentioning her safari, where he would be one of the drivers. 'I have proven to be capable of handling problems. Yes, I have made mistakes in my life, but I seek to solve them, even, or especially if it takes me to visit every Gangrel of Sacramento...' his voice trails off, most Kindred would know what he is talking about, 'I will put as much time and effort into every single Shadow of Clan Mekhet as I would for myself. Learning from mistakes is even one of the key philosophies of the Circle, but that's of course a whole different matter.' A boyish grin appears, finishing his little speech with a humorous tone.
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

Page 6 of 13 First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... Last
Closed Thread