Ended
Watch

(0912) Mekhet Priscus Wooding

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 5 of 13 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... Last

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

Without the slightest idea of what would be a proper congratulation, Aileen looked at Neil Kingsley, and smiled broadly at the man. Congratulations. Hopefully, he wouldn't turn down the offer, though...

C
    Conner Greyson

Conner simply raised an eyebrow and waited to see if anyone else had anything to say...

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    (-1 Vitae in Requiem for Blush)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

- 1 Vitae for Blush of Life in Requiem Subforum

PRE

Congratulations? Congratulations? We just agreed to let Conner nominate someone, not appoint someone, didn't we?

Again Chris is confused. He tried to keep a neutral face when Conner mentioned him, even though it isn't wrong to be happy about being liked by someone influential? And maybe Conner is right about Neil.

Besides, I'm not even sure if I have the time to run this business?

'Very well, then we have Brother Raluca, Dr. Kingsley, and... Grand Wyrm Heinz. For I wish to nominate Mr Maximilian Heinz. '

Chris doesn't need to explain why, does he?
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

N
    Neil Kingsley

Neil smiled polite and nodded his head gracefully once. "Thank you, Reeve Greyson," he said, nodding his thanks to those who oddly congratulated him. These were nominations, not an appointment. "If it is the will of the Clan, then I would be honoured to serve it." Being nominated by the prior Priscus was an honour in itself.

As Chris chimed in, he nodded his head and smiled politely to the Grand Wyrm, curious if he would accept the nomination. Max Heinz was a good candidate. Neil respected his tenure. He looked forward to the vote.

Catherine Keyes

PRE

Catherine sat quietly, her fingers laced on the clean cover of the note pad in front of her. She was watching and listening now, her piece had been stated, and wether or not they listened to her, she knew she was right.

It was the fact that many around the table were treating the Current’ Priscus’s nomination as an official appointment, even if it was in a sense. An Invictus controlled domain, a world where tradition held firm, assuming that it did not reveal much to the world around it. And a nomination from an Invictus Reeve to an Unaligned, it was just slightly more shocking than choosing one of the Carthian movement.

Facinating.

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Auspex 1 (Unflinching Eye)
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

City : 2
    Ordo: 3
    Mekhet: 1

PRE

*Max gives Chris an appreciative nod as his fellow Mekhet nominates him for the position. If there hadn't had been so many nominations already given, Max would have offered up Wooding for the spot as well. As it stands, there were more than enough names, and he did not wish to divide the pool further.

He pauses a moment to collect his thoughts, then speaks.* Thank you, Heirophant Wooding for your vote of confidence. But, I'm not so base as to vote for myself, nor am I about to go back on my vote of confidence in you, Reeve Greyson. So, I vote for Dr Kingsley as well...

*He then waits for the others to voice their choice as well.*

B
    Beej

Teodor nods to Kingsley at his nomination. The little monk had only spoken to the Doctor briefly, but he found the man pleasant enough. The nomination of the Grand Wyrm was, not entirely unexpected given his long standing in the Domain. Teodor smiles and nod to him as well.

Of course the Grand Wyrm's vote left Teodor wondering what exactly Supplicant Villiers had planned by nominating him. If it was not some plan between the two, then why would she nominate him? Without the backing of senior members there would be no chance of him winning. What is going on? he wonders and he looks around the table to see how they will vote.

C
    Conner Greyson

Conner looks to those present his eyes falling on Teodor and Neil. "Very well, Ladies and gentleman, we have two nominations. Let us give Mister Raluca and Doctor Kingsley a moment to take the floor and tell us why they want to be Priscus and what they will bring to the position." Conner states.

N
    Neil Kingsley

Neil's lips pressed into a flat, contemplative line. Votes had been cast before speeches, mistakes had already been made by some -- this was the Danse in full swing, and the scientist recognized it. It was... exhilarating.

Straightening as if to speak, Neil nodded and said, "I would be pleased to begin, Reeve Greyson. Esteemed cousins, I did not come into this meeting today coveting the position of Priscus of Clan Mekhet. I have accepted Reeve Greyson's nomination because I believe I am the right person to represent our Clan, to coordinate and further our interests, and to welcome newcomers to the fold. I wish to do that because, simply put, I understand exactly how important it is that it be done and done well, and I will dedicate myself to doing exactly that." He looked around the table at each member of the Clan for a moment, a pause before continuing.

"I am a man whose life as a forensic scientist and whose Requiem has been dedicated to solving problems with sound judgment and thorough analysis of all the options available. If our Clan faces a problem, I will dedicate myself to leading the way to solving it." He smiled slightly. "This is a Clan of remarkable people. I am not inclined to act unilaterally. I believe that leading a group such as ours requires respect for the great strengths of each of its members, and remembering those strengths when there is a challenge to be faced." This room had more smarts in it than a Mensa think-tank. Neil was smart, but he knew that each person at the table was an expert in something. To try to dictate and act as some sort of Lone Mekhet Ranger would be foolish.

"I also have the benefit of having spent most of this year in the Domain. While this is not tenure so long as many of yours," he motioned toward the head end of the table with a polite nod, "It is still valuable to have had the opportunity to gain experience in the way our Domain works and who its residents are."

And then his head turned to face the other end of the table, the newcomer end. Looking to Catherine, Teodor and Aileen, he said, "But I also am new enough to have recently faced the challenges of a newcomer to today's Domain. Becoming connected. Finding one's place. Learning about covenant opportunities and who to speak with and how to proceed. I have faced these challenges, and am happy to offer my assistance to others in facing them as well."

A single nod. "Thank you," he said in simple conclusion, looking to Teodor. Neil knew he was no grand orator. Short, sweet and to the point was his preference. People as smart as these did not need to be blathered on to.

B
    Beej

Teodor listens to the good doctor, head bowed slightly. The monk touched his thumb to his fore and middle finger, making an infintesimal small sign of the cross on the armrest of the chair. Lord Father Almighty, is this what you wish of me? Or is this a move on a chessboard between powerful kindred? There was not answer of course. If one got a clear answer to such a question, well the little monk did not fancy diving into the belly of an ocean bethemoth. Something was not right. He had never heard of two people with less than a year in a city being the sole candidates for Priscus, not with so many other seniors at hand.

Teodor turns his head to Martha. "Herald Villiers, may I request your indulgence for word with you in private for moment?"

Page 5 of 13 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... Last
Closed Thread