Ended
Watch

(0912) Mekhet Priscus Wooding

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 13 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Last

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha nods respectfully to Dr Brady, "Thank you, Regent Brady...very generous, thank you."

Sincere in her thanks, Martha offered a
    nother nod to Conner to show she had said all she wanted to for now.
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

Aileen duplicated the words of Herald Villiers, for she knew too that Kindred died and lived by the Blood, no matter how you looked at it. Regent Brady's offer was not only generous, it was significant as well.

Please let me thank you, Regent Brady, for this is a meaningful gesture toward our Family. I am now in your debt, and it even elevates the standards I must now be trying to reach.

While she didn't speak much, the Shadow had learned bits of etiquette, and hopefully this would be the proper expression of her gratitude.

B
    Beej

Teodor is rather surprised at the Regent's most generous offer, especially to two, newly arrived. Of course there was an unstated debt in the gift. Few things in the Reqium were truly free. But he would strive to repay that debt and quickly. A commission? yes. An icon. In regards to Teodor his knowledge of the occult it could only be arguably surpassed by his skill with a brush. One of the primary means monasteries raised money to sustain themselves was through the sale of crafts through the internet or though trusted vendors. "Your gift is most generous Regent Brady. I will hold it as a reminder of true un-looked for generosity and endeavor to emulate it." he says as he bows his head to the woman.

Catherine Keyes

PRE

Catherine directed the slightest across the table to Neil Kingsley , as a reminder of those few nights they had spent in Citrus Heights on the prowl. Her own thoughts about the two newest members of the domain only really reminded her of one particularly interesting Lancea et Sanctum Daeva Inquisitor she had met in the past.

Instead she turned her attentions back to the man at the head of the Table, the serpent hissing at the elderly kindred in the back of her mind.

C
    Conner Greyson

Conner stands again, "If no one else has anything to add, let us move on to the business at hand. I have been asked several times as of late about a clan whip. As the Mekhet continue to grow in strength and numbers it may be time will fill that role." Conner takes a slow pan of the Mekhet at the table, "But First..." Conner paused for a moment before saying. "Today is my six hundredth and first day* as Mekhet Priscus. And it is my last. I have decided that it is time to step aside, and for another member of the family to step into this role." Conner states looking around the table.

"It has been my honor to serve the family as Clan Priscus. I hope that I have represented this family with honor and respect. And I hope that the next Priscus will do the same."

Conner again does his slow pan, "Now, nominations please."

Catherine Keyes

PRE

It was probably going to be any sort of suicide doing this, but it was weighing on her mind. "Pardon me, Priscus Greyson, but why are you intending to step down? You yourself have said that this family is one of strength, you have great trust in your kin to say that one of use will be able to fill your roll. But Six hundred and one days is but a fleeting moment in time."

She found herself standing and in a chance assuming that the floor was open. "Many of our clan have important roles in the domain, as you do, Priscus. Would it be right to heap another set of duties on those who work so diligently for the domain at large? or should we give one of those unproven the chance to become just that?" As she spoke she looked at those around the table, "There are many questions to the simple request for nominations, Sir. And all angles must be looked at. Thank you."

She bowed slightly to those seated and to the Priscus before returning to her seat.

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

As one of the newest member of the Family in Sacramento, it obviously wasn't Aileen's place to either step up on the offer, or comment on Priscus Greyson's tenure, but she shared with Ms Keyes the feeling that barely two years were a very short time, and wondered what were the underlying reasons to this decision. She didn't think she would ever know them if the man didn't offer an explanation though. She remained where she was, looking at the various, more experienced members, and tried to guess where the wind would blow.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha was horrified at Catherine's impudent question of asking why. But she had no quibble with the next question about Blinking at the query she nevertheless was pondering the selfsame issue about a replacement.

She had neither the time nor inclination to take the role...but she would move Heaven and Earth to stop Erika retaking the role...Max was now increasingly dedicated to his Ordo studies...Daniella was occupied with Covenant duties and a Domain role too...leaving Dr Kingsley and the untested new arrivals...and Dr Kingsley...well...she had ideas for him.

Picking up the metaphoric hand grenade thrown onto the table, Martha turned to speak to Conner and quietly offered;
    "There are several candidates that come to mind. Yet, Priscus, with your permission: I propose Brother Raluca." she gently nodded to Teo. "Brother Raluca is a wise and charming man of learning with experience in other Domain's of arranging security and comfort. I see those as sound qualifications."
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

C
    Conner Greyson

Conner shifts his gaze to Catherine and just shakes his head, "Miss Keyes, the fact that I have great trust from my kin, and that family is strength is not because of my position as Priscus. It is because of that trust and strength that I was Priscus. As for my reasoning, it is my own. But know that I would not have stepped down if I did not feel that others were capable of taking on the mantle."

Conner paused and looked to Erika Brady, his original benefactor, "Regent Brady is no less trusted because of her status as Former Priscus, nor is Grand Wyrm Heinz because he chose to retire from the roll of Reeve. And if the day comes that Herald Villiers chooses to step down from that role, that will not change the fact that I consider her my friend. Positions and Titles are earned by the people, positions are not given and then they must be earned. My new status as Former Priscus does not change my opinions, or alter my strengths and I would hope that my stepping down does not alter the Clan's trust in me. But if it does, well, that is the clan's choice."

Conner gave a millisecond to think over his next comment.

"As for your ... harsh ... use of the words 'heap another set of duties'. I have my ideas for candidates in mind, you were one of them. And the duties of a priscus are not heaped, they are an honor bestowed. I choose to honor another by stepping aside and letting this honor be passed to whomever the family chooses. If you wish me to nominate who I feel should be a successor I will do so." He holds up a finger to say just a moment, "but only with the permission of the family, because I feel it is inappropriate to do so with out that permission."

"Now if you wish to nominate me to stay Priscus, that is your prerogative. But I will more then likely decline that nomination."

Conner looks to the newcomer and Martha. "Thank you for your nomination. Is there any other nominations?" Conner asked wondering if this would be a clean sweep.

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    (-1 Vitae in Requiem for Blush)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

- 1 Vitae for Blush of Life in Requiem Subforum

PRE

Chris Wooding listens very carefully when Conner speaks, and admits he would never expect an Invictus Reeve to give away one of his positions. There again the man proves his wisdom. Then the young Mekhet is surprised to hear Catherine say what she thinks she needs to say, but maybe he is even more surprised to hear "Brother Raluca" being nominated. Who is he again? Chris' opinion is not that one can only be Priscus after being in Sacramento for years, yet one month might be too short.

First, to get rid of his noticeable vicarious shame for Catherine, Chris speaks, 'Before I say anything else, I must thank you for every single day you served as my Priscus, Reeve Greyson. I agree with you. Trust, I think like all other things, must be earned. I don't think any doubt exists that we will continue to listen to your respected voice, no matter what positions you have.' He shoots a glance at Catherine when emphasizing the 'we'. 'Therefore, also, the more appropriate it is for you to nominate a Priscus as we are all capable of doing.'

Chris looks around to see who agrees with him, before thinking about nominating someone.
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

Page 3 of 13 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Last
Closed Thread