Ended
Watch

(0912) Mekhet Priscus Wooding

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 13 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... Last

Catherine Keyes

PRE

Catherine entered the Avalon and the specific meeting room devoted to the Incredibly Flammable Clan of Mekhet only a few steps behind the Grand Wyrm. For once she was surprised to feel the low pulse of a beast in the room. Considering her family was known to keep their own beasts hidden, she scanned the faces she didn’t recognize until she could guess.

She stepped carefully into the room, the Indigo and gold of her dancer’s costume shifted slightly catching the light as she moved. It wasn’t as if she wasn’t used to the light shifting of lights, but even dressed like this she knew she wasn’t the most eye catching in the room. “Good evening, Priscuss Greyson, Herald Villiers, Regent Brady, Bailiff Sage,” She said to those whose titles she knew and recognized with the tone of respect (and proper head dip) due them. “Everyone. Please forgive my tardiness.”

She noticed the lemonade first, then the flowers. Something in the back of her head wished there was a second glass for the lemonade, considering her recent bad luck with the liquid. She carefully and quietly moves to take the seat across from Dr. Kingsley and notices the notebook and the flipchart

Is there some sort of major plan for this meeting then?

C
    Conner Greyson

The Priscus of Mekhet Stands and gives a nod to the assembled Shadows, "It seems everyone is here. As Priscus of Clan Mekhet I call this meeting to order."

Conner takes a moment to scan the room as a whole, "Ladies and Gentleman. As I said at the last meeting, I wish to extend my thanks to the Mekhet clan for continuing to serve with honor and respect of each other and of the laws of His Grace's Domain. Please continue to show this respect. The domain has continued to rely on our family. With that I ask you all to remember that your actions reflect not just on you, but on our family as a whole."

The Shadowed Detective pauses for a moment as he looks to the members of the table, "Mister Raluca, Ms McFarlane. Allow me the honor to illustrate the success of our family through the introductions. This is so you know the company you are in, and can see the success of the Mekhet Clan of Sacramento." Conner slowly pans again "I will limit this history to those who sit around this table. For if I were to tell the whole history, we would need to break for the day." Did Conner Greyson just make a joke?

The comedian extraordinaire looks to Erika Brady, the clan elder, the most tenured and arguably most successful at the table. He gives her a bow of his head. Without her assistance early on, who knows if his career in the city would have taken off? "Doctor Erika Brady. Regent of Citrus Heights. Former Mekhet Priscus, Harpy and Seneschal. She is the Elder of our Clan as she has had the longest tenure as a acknowledged member of our family." Technically, Conner knew, that he and Erika were originally acknowledged on the same night, but with his own departure and return, he would not argue the point.

Especially when you're the one making it...

Conner's gaze then moves to the next eldest, "Grand Wyrm Max Heinz, Leader of the Ordo Dracul and retired Reeve of the domain." Conner gives his predecessor a nod of his head, a measure of respect.

The Reeve decided not to introduce himself, both the new arrivals knew him and he saw no reason to self aggrandize.

Priscus Greyson looks to the newly made Heirophant next. He was pleased to see the man had taken his advice and stayed out of torper. "Heirophant Chris Wooding. The leader of the Circle of the Crone."

Conner's eyes then move to Martha, making eye contact with Martha for a moment. His eyes showing no unhappiness or malice in any way. Which Martha would know that it is Conner's way of a polite greeting. He gives the Gibson Girl a bow of his head. "Herald Martha Villiers, Keeper of the Domains Elysia. Herald Villiers is also a former Harpy of the domain and is a respected member of the Ordo Dracul."

Conner turns to Daniella next, "Baliff Daniella Sage, Deputy to the Keeper Villiers and the Au Pair of the First Estate." Conner states and gives Daniella a nod of his head.

The Reeve looks to the last two remaining members. he thought for a millisecond about not introducing the two untitled members of the clan, but that would be rude.

"And Last but Cetainly not least, Ms Catherine Keyes and Doctor Neil Kingsley, both recently arrived members of the Domain in Good Standing."

Conner looks back to Aileen and Teodor, "Do either of you have any questions?" Conner asked.

Ball is in your court Bigpaw and Beej .

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

Aileen was stunned by the introductions given by Priscus Greyson. Had she known the company she would be keeping, she would have... she would have what ? She had already been as careful as she knew how, she had barely spoken, and she couldn't possibly have already flubbed, could she ? Her knees were feeling suddenly very weak, but she tried to see the bright side to this Shadow meeting. Those were among the people most likely to be of help to her. Any one of them might hold the key she was looking for, and about which she had already opened herself to the Priscus. Standing in front of them, she kept to herself, and made no grand speech. She inhaled slowly before speaking though, a sure sign of her nervousness.

It is an honour being a member of such a family, Priscus Greyson, esteemed ladies and gentlemen, and I will do my best to be up to the standards you have set, abiding by our tradition of service to the Domain. a small nod toward the Priscus, and a careful glance at the gathered Shadows.

I look forward to get to know each of you better this evening, and in the nights to come. If I can be of assistance in any manner, please don't hesitate to let me know. She was the one looking for help, but it wouldn't do to be asking at once. She had to dance the Requiem, and she wasn't the maestro. All in due time, she hoped, even if the young Dragon had a feeling of urgency.

B
    Beej

While the monk's primary focus was the Ordo Dracul, it was very gratifying to be able to call so many accomplished kindred cousins. The current and two past Reeves, two Regants, the leaders of two covenants, a Keeper and Herald, a baliff and titled Invictus and two degreed doctors, it was quite an assembly of power and talent.

It was also rather intimidating. And he was at a little bit of a loss for words. A prayer would be out of the question of course. And he did not know many of those in the room particularly well. He would imagine Grand Wyrm Heinz, Slave McFarlane and Herald Villiers could be forgiving of a faux pau, but the Reeve did not strike as such. And Regent Brady he had no idea what to expect of her.

Teodor was glad his quiet cousin spoke up first, giving him some hints and time to think what he was going to say.

After Aileen sits down, Teodor rises to his feet. "Priscus Grayson." says with a bow. He pauses and looks over his gathered clan. "It is pleasant to be able to call cousin so many accomplished of the Domain. I pray I may meet the..ehm..measure that the clan has set for itself." He mentally chides himself for not copying Ms McFarlane and using the word bar. English could be so frustrating. "I hope the little I know may be of use to any who may wish assistance." As Teodor sits down, his words run through his head. They sound a little awkward to his ears, the monk can only hope his lack of mastery of the English language did not get him in trouble.

C
    Conner Greyson

Conner stands again, "Thank you both. Does anyone have anything they wish to add before we get on to the business at hand." Conner will sit if anyone else stands to speak.

Open Floor People

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha cursed herself for her stupidity. Seeing the potentially treacherous Dr Brady got Martha's mind to the Helmet again...and then, like a light bulb above her head, it struck her: Brother Raluca. His accent...it was Hungarian or some such thing. Deciding he might be able to help with the deciphering of matter pertaining to the Helmet. She almost rolled her eyes to the stars at her dimwitted slowness in thinking of this direction of investigation. Better yet. He was a Dragon too. She picked up a pen from the table as if to make an outward gesture of her mental note.

Catching herself, she translated this sudden excitement of direction into raising a dainty hand, still clutching the pen, to offer her turn to speak.
    "Thank you, Priscus Greyson, for your gracious introductions and review of the distinguished members of this Clan..." she lowers her hand soon enough, before turning her attention from Conner to look now at Aileen and Teo, "...with the endorsement of the Priscus fresh in our minds, I would wish to extend my own greeting and offer my support, such as is in my gift and power to provide, to Miss MacFarlane and Brother Raluca. I have no doubt they will make valuable contributions to the Domain!"

A sincere and happy smile is offered to them and then generally. She puts down her pen.
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Presence
    (Occam's Razor)
    Striking Looks
    (Red Hair, Green Eyes)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Erika Brady

PRE

The Regent of Citrus Heights nodded gratefully as their Priscus made the introductions around the table. Their family was intelligent, and generally had keen minds for recalling such information.

Erika sat with her legs cross and her hands on her lap, her movements minimal but there was no need as she had only been listening. There Family had a prestigious track record. Hopefully this precedent was set and an example to those who were new.

“Thank you Priscus Greyson for your introductions.” The Shadow Regent titled her head in reverence to their Family’s head. “Herald Villiers, Priscus Greyson and Grand Wyrm Heinz and the newly appointed Heirophant Wooding, your never ending support to the Domain is impeccable.” Erika’s voice held no inflection as she spoke. The Doctor had come to know the three aforementioned for many years.

The Regent leaned forward to address the group as a whole. “As some of you may know, I extend a privilege to our Family. I would like to reiterate this evening that the Family Mekhet will continue to be granted Feeding Rights in the Regency of Citrus Heights, so save as long as I remain Regent.” Erika concluded and resumed her stoic appearance. There currently was nothing further to add. She did wonder if this was dιjΰ vu to their previous meeting.

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    (-1 Vitae in Requiem for Blush)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

- 1 Vitae for Blush of Life in Requiem Subforum

PRE

Hierophant Chris Wooding...

...newly appointed Hierophant...

It sounds so good when said out loud. Chris bows his head thankfully to Erika Brady, what she says and what she does means a lot to him, as it hopefully does for all shadows. He allows himself to be proud of himself, next to being proud of the Clan. Without being a clannist, damnit.

When Conner asks for anything to add, Chris thinks about it again, just like with the last meeting. He would want to be Whip, but the Clan doesn't need a Whip... and trying to get a title just for it being a title seems wrong. The world has enough Invictus members. So he shakes his head, he has nothing to add. But he is curious what this mysterious business will be about.
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

N
    Neil Kingsley

The taciturn scientist paid attention as titles were read off and people were introduced to the newcomers. Theirs was a distinguished line, indeed. He appreciated Greyson taking the time to introduce Catherine and himself despite their lack of titles. It was a classy move that he thought well of.

He offered a polite smile to both at the end of the introductions, and remained silently attentive, nodding his thanks again to the Regent who kept them all well fed. As always, Neil listened. He watched. He waited.

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Auspex 1 (Unflinching Eye)
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

City : 2
    Ordo: 3
    Mekhet: 1

PRE

*Max stands quietly as Conner makes the introductions, returning the Reeve's bow of the head with one that was a few millimeters deeper than the one he was offered. It was an odd dichotomy he had with the Priscus; one of mutual respect and perhaps mutual distrust. He suspected that, deep down, he and Conner were to similar to ever trust each other. But he could live with an unspoken peace; and would do anything Greyson asked of him.

When the Regent once more extended her offer to the city's Shadows, he gives Erika a respectful bow of the head as well. No matter what he suspected, he would not tip his hand yet; nor would he ignore her standing in the city, or her gracious offer.

Once the Priscus ask if there is any new business, Max softly shakes his head "No". He too was interested to see where this evening was headed.*

Page 2 of 13 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... Last
Closed Thread