Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Herald's Office Hours (8) The Herald and a Deputy meet Abby

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last

Martha Villiers

PRE

In the cellar vault beneath the Avalon nightclub, far away from the press of dancing Mortals, the lights are low.

Down in the cellar vault of the Avalon, away from the sweaty press of people and the nightclubs' bright lights it is quieter.

Here a calmer atmosphere prevails in the low lit area which is heady with the bright scent of fresh lemons.

Tiny Martha shares a leather sofa in the Common area of the Court with Dillon (@Wolven Pryde). They sit at a low coffee table which is piled with notes, printed out copies of maps of Sacramento and copies of many US newspapers, tables of spreadsheets for various Domain accounts, learned academic periodicals and 8/x10 photos of dancers hoping to audition for the Ember.

Martha sits prettily, meekly and sweetly attired in an English school uniform: a neat straw boater, a black blazer...a pair of scholarly spectacles are perched on the end of her nose, she wears a long black gymslip shows her slim legs to mid calf...her ebony black hair is tied into neat twin tails, each tail is tied with a large red ribbon bow. She wears a white kneesock on her flesh leg and a pair of carefully polished black Mary Jane shoes thanks to her C-Leg prosthesis. A crisp white blouse is obvious where the gymslip reveals it, as is her red necktie which is tucked neatly into her gymslip. A satchel and a simple metal walking cane rest at her side and are propped against the couch.

Martha picks up one of the 8x10's and passes it to Dillon.
    "...don't you think those high heels are too...too scarlet? Too high maybe? Or perhaps it is just the lighting and poor composition by the photographer?" as she passes comment on a tall brunette in the photograph before glancing to The Stairs, to make certain all is well over there.
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

D
    Decibelle

It's not the easiest matter for Abby to get through a high-class nightclub, down to the basement - particularly without simply picking up the bouncer in her way and putting him through the front of the nightclub's brick walls. It's not easy to resist the constant jibes about being in the wrong place for church, either. With her formal attire mostly destroyed from the rumble at Court, she's forced to make do with jeans, tee-shirt, and fleece jacket. Normally, this wouldn't cause too much trouble - they's still fairly neat and clean - but the slogan over the front of the T-Shirt doesn't help.
    Jesus Saves, it reads, with an ornate cross below it. If it wasn't the only thing she had clean...

And yet despite her deathly appearance and op-shop clothing, the Nosferatu somehow manages to get to slip in with only mild mockery. The mention of business with the manager - probably helps, but maybe it's just the cord-like, toned muscles that are visible along her forearms.
    But that didn't matter, she decided, roughly buttoning up the front of her jacket to hide the shirt. At least she was in, right? She wasn't looking top-notch, but she'd taken the effort to wash up, put on a heavy coat of foundation, and keep her teeth mostly concealed in her mouth, and it certainly helped. Best not to linger too long in the mortal part and tempt fate, though. It wasn't as if the directions to the Keeper weren't, well, clear.

White sneakers scuffling on the polished floor, the Nosferatu makes her way in, glancing left, then right, from the safety of the stairs. Sherrif was the Lance member who'd done that sermon - God, she was so thankful she'd thought to do up that t-shirt - and the Herald was the one who'd accompanied her. Or she'd accompanied him. Either way, she was looking at her.
    "Evening, ma'am Herald." Best to wait for invitation before she entered.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha looked up, hearing the scuffling and then sensing the Beast. A small Beast that somehow managed to make itself a big presence.

She offers Abby a smile, places the photograph on the coffee table and gestures with a dainty hand to invite Abby to sit at the chair opposite the couch. Rubbing at her prosthetic knee as she watches Abby's sneakers for a short while before offering another sweet smile as she chirps;
    "Good evening, Miss! Good evening! I hope your are well...please, please be seated!"
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Bishop of the Lancea et Sanctum
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

Blush of Life active in public
    AotP disabled in Court

PRE

Sitting close to Martha on the sofa, it is barely a matter of leaning slightly for Dillon to peer at the photo held by the tiny Herald. He is dressed in one variation of his general style for Court and Elysium appearances, looking somehow professional and completely relaxed all at once.

Now, Dillon Connery is savvy, but his knowledge of fashion is purely instinctual. Particularly when it comes to footwear. His consideration usually amounts to whether or not a boot's tread is better suited for creeping around quietly and unnoticed, or for forcibly removing someone's teeth. The dress boots he's currently wearing gravitate toward the latter.

"It's kind of bold," he agrees neutrally. "But I've seen ladies wear bright shoes that seemingly clash with an ensemble before... apparently that's not the faux pas that I always thought it looked to be. Something about drawing your attention and making one look at the entirety of the outfit."

A shrug. "The heels are definitely too tall, though. She's asking for a broken ankle."

Whatever else he might say, whatever joke or cheerful quip, is forgotten when the Beast rises to threaten another. Three rumbling voices bear down in anger, and six nostril snort plumes of ash and smoke. Though it has felt the other before, it is amused at the fight put up by the tiny thing the last time they were near. Murder is on the hellhound's mind. All three of them.

Dillon doesn't even blink.

With nary a falter in his smile, the deputy offers Abigail a nod. "Evening, Miss Pendleston."
    Be polite. Be courteous. Show professionalism. And have a plan to kill everyone in the room.

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)
    Striking •• (Boyish Good looks)

D
    Decibelle

Abby visibly flinches when Dillon's massive Beast turns its attention to her, her own recoiling, and for a brief moment, her feet scuffle on the ground as she takes a step back, heading up the stairs. An acknowledgement is dangerous enough when your last visit to court ended in carnage, even she knew that, and the massive monster standing next to the Herald certainly didn't help. But if she didn't move down those stairs, she'd never accomplish anything further. She'd still have to deal with being locked underground with Arnold, yet again. And thus, with a strained smile, she manages to resist the bestial snarl, demanding she flee, and enters the room.
    Despite her entrance, however, she can't hide the strain her Beast is putting herself under - it shows on oher face, even while she sits and attempts to neatly take a chair, crossing her ankles and looking up at the pair.

Okay, she felt like she could manage speaking without screaming. "Deputy," she offers, dipping her head. "A pleasure." Glancing between the two, the Haunt tried to think of something pleasant. Best thing that came to mind was the idea of sinking her teeth into that stunning Savage over there, and those kinds of thoughts weren't exactly appropriate for this kind of meeting, were they? Wait, were they? No.
    "Thanks for taking the time to, like, meet with me tonight."

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha smiles...the powerfully intimidating presence of Abby...so close and wiry as she is...cannot be ignored and Martha's smile hesitates just for a moment as she tries to assess whether Abby means to launch invective or attack.

Rubbing hard at her false knee as she watches Abby make her way over and peacefully take the seat, Martha's smile becomes all the more sincere and she allows for a moment of peace and quiet to settle before chirping merrily;
    "Oh, you are very welcome, Miss! I do hope you are well! Please...please be at ease, Miss! I have no intention of rebuking you nor of pressing additional woe into your Requiem. I just wondered...before we talk of Acknowledgements and such like...did you have any questions for either the Deputy or me?" her sincere sounding words are added to with a sweet smile. Martha is clearly trying to put Abby at her ease while a dainty hand is still rubbing at her false knee and what is left of her thigh.

D
    Decibelle

"Uh, yeah," murmured Abby, trying to stand a bit straighter and look at bit more at ease - Martha's smile certainly helped with that. "But, like, thanks for not bringing up last... Court. And I'm, y'know, sorry. I know it wasn't, like, pretty."
    Understatement of the year, there. God, that was a nice dress she was wearing. Bit old-fashioned, but still...

"Anyway, uh, I did - but they should wait after acknowledgement. I've got a few, y'know, problems to, like, sort out, with feeding and all. But, y'know, acknowledgement... first? Unless you wanted to talk about it." She glanced over at Dillon, blinking once as she observed the Deputy next to her, resisting the urge to blush under his gaze. Important things to worry about navigating here - namely, trying to get access to a morgue, while avoiding the lack of corpses in a city. It's not something that's really easy to bring up when you're after acknowledgement, is it?
    She sighed, leaning forward. "Did you, like, have any questions?"

Martha Villiers

PRE

Abby's words instantly derailed whatever else Martha might have had to say.

"A morgue?"
    she gasped and gripped hard at her crippled knee, looking to Dillon with wide eyes and then back to Abby. "A...morgue? You mean...you mean you...sleep in the mortuary spaces, or do I understand correctly that perhaps you eat corpses, Miss? I have heard of such things...so please don't think me critical of you!" she didn't want to sound judgemental. Nor did she. Oddly, Martha wasn't appalled, not in a conventional sense at least, but she sure was curious. Her delicate hand gestures also show her sincerity and gentility. "Rather I just wish to better understand the nature of your interest and needs so I may better help you settle in!" another reassuring smile. She seems sincere in all she's just said.

D
    Decibelle

Even if Martha isn't judgemental, Abby sure seems to be.
    There's a few moments of silence as she stares intently at the table, watching the pattern of grains on it for a few moments. Eventually, she speaks up again, and her voice is muted - perhaps with shame. "I'd rather not talk about it," she murmurs, voice heavy - but the girl doesn't have the skill to keep her voice steady and even, and the truth of her habits is apparent to anyone with the slightest perception. Straightening up, she tried to give Martha an awkward smile.
    "It's not really, like, polite conversation. I do what I, y'know, have to - but that doesn't mean I like it." Not entirely true, really. Every time she woke up with a new corpse and lover, she felt like throwing up more than what she'd consumed.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Making gentle hand gestures to try to pacify and reassure the agitated Abby, Martha nods. She now had understanding, but was puzzled about how...or even, whether, to help. Deciding to comply with Abby, Martha nodded.

Date Action Roll Result
    2012-10-03 10:34:16 Martha Villiers rolls 6 to spot Abby's interests? (10 Again) 5, 9, 10, 5, 5, 10, 4, 10, 6 4 successes

"Very well, Miss...very well...we won't speak of the matter again." she nods again and rubs hard at her leg once more. "Shall we turn rather to your Acknowledgement? You have been made aware of the Laws of this Metropolitan Domain, Miss?"

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread