Out and About - Safari 1

Page 2 of 20 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... Last

Zack Griffiths
    Invictus Gangrel

Blood Potency 1
    Aspect of the Predator
    Presence 2
    (quietly stares, speaks calmly)

Zach greets the Kindred he knows and introduces himself to the new arrivals and those he does not know, and tries to keep up with the conversation he was having with Martha, but is quickly inundated with the new arrivals. He gives the Herald an apologetic smile, and shrugs his shoulders helplessly.

Zach becomes a little more shy around the numbers, especially since there are so many that he is meeting for the first time. He gives compliments on clothing and style, and makes sure to memorize all faces and voices for later. He is simply waiting for the others to arrive and the safari to start.
    Zach Griffiths Invictus Gangrel
    BP 1 Presence 2 (quiet and calm)
    [Center]"Zachary speaking" [I][COLOR="#009900"]Zachary thinking[????????
    Destiny has two ways of crushing us - by refusing our wishes, and by fulfilling them. - Henri Frederic Amiel

Blood Potency
    ●●
    Presence: Bewitching ●●●●●
    Striking Looks: Tempting ●●●●
    Distinct Voice: Honeyed ●●●●
    Velma Star

PRE

Operation Safari!

The name was certainly evocative. The kine traveled the jungle, the natural world, watching the other animals, their prey, in their habitat going on about their lives. The kindred traveled the city, the artificial man made world, watching the kine, their prey, in their habitat going on about their lives.

The satirical of the entire situation didn’t escape Velma and she certainly appreciated the darkly humorous comparison.

In order to show in style for the Safari Velma picked up a casual white summer dress and a simple pair of sandals. She wondered if binoculars and canteens would be supplied...

Velma’s outlook

With the graceful steps of a gazelle she met up with the assembled kindred. The Daeva chained up her beast the best she could for the inevitable surge of raw emotions.

When she got within range she offered a polite compliment to everyone in general. “Good evening!” and then mingled with the others of her kind.
    Velma Star*
    STATUS CITY: Harpy ●●● | STATUS DAEVA: ● | STATUS INVICTUS: Lady ●●

As more and more kindred arrived Chase was pleased at the amount of familiar faces, all of which he considered himself on good terms with. Though another Beast did challenge him, introducing itself in a mask of civility. Chase replied in kind, keeping his own Beast in check, "Good to meet you, Mr. McCann, Chase Ankers," and mirrored the nod. Even Mr. Griffiths introduces himself.

The neonate greets Neil & Velma as well as they arrive. Yet Chase gravitates eventually towards Aοleen Bigpaw . He suspected she may deliberately avoid socializing, but clearly her presence here indicated a desire to do otherwise, though perhaps still shy. "Good evening, Miss McFarlane. It's good you've come. I'm looking forward to this outing though I've seen much of Sacramento already. Still there's always something to uncover I've yet experienced. How do you feel about tonight's tour?"

F
    FistsFullofDice

Mr. Smith had his retainer drive him there, stopping a ways off from the club in the shadows of the evening. "This is good John" Mr. Smith said to his aid. John turned in the driver seat slightly; only enough to catch a glimpse of Mr. Smith as he smoothed out his suit one last time. "You are sure that you don't need back up Sir?" John looked past his aid and through the windshield at the crowd. Then pausing for a second John looked into the empty rear view mirror ahead of him, then slightly turned his view at his exact likeness in the driver seat. With no facial expressions Mr. Smith said in a cold manner, "I honestly believe that any threat would be directed at other targets. Murdering a neonate while he drives around the city seems to fall to lower priorities these days" John stopped playing with his cuff and rested his arms on his knees.

"I understand Sir. I will return to the room and continue processing the intel we have collected so far" Mr. Smith picked up off the seat two manila envelope holding files on both the Bailiff and the Herald. "Yes, we need to expand the information that we have as soon as possible" He handed the files over to the aid. With one last moment of silence Mr. Smith started to climb out of the car. "Have a good evening Mr. Smith" John knew that his aid was tense about this first outing. It seems that they were both still adjusting to their new surroundings. "Good evening Sir"

Moving casually towards the group John changed his traits to a purposely casual stance. His stroll became more fluid, his shoulders began to follow in the swagger. Imitating those sheep which he hunted John moved to become more life like. He started to get a rhythm for breathing and made and effort to blink now and again. Even giving a little smirk as he saw the beasts mingling like a cocktail.

As he came towards the group he started to be rudely reminded of his condition. His beast began to growl and bark inside him, more bold now that he was surrounded by those of thinner blood. Yet more easily now than the previous night john pushed his beast away from his mind and approached the Bailiff and Herald. Stepping towards them with a smile and a hand held forward John said, "Madam Bailiff, Madam Herald. I am honored to meet you both, my name is Mister John Smith" ... Remember to smile... Remember to blink... John felt the eyes of others upon him, however they would have to wait until he had accomplished his goal at hand.

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    (-1 Vitae in Requiem for Blush)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

- 1 Vitae for Blush of Life in Requiem Subforum

PRE

While accepting Martha's hand Chris smiles widely. 'Of course Miss Villiers, I wouldn't miss the chance to ride a Cadillac and to help our fellow friends getting familiar with Sacramento.' His tone is pleasant, if a bit humorous.

'Good evening,' he nods to those who arrive.

'I was there when the tour was planned, now I wouldn't want to miss the first... operation.' After saying this to Martha he smiles to Daniella, the woman was there as well, and now here as one of the drivers.
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

S
    Sabeleth

While Callum was outwardly calm and charming his beast was leading a pathetically frantic inner life. He did his best to placate it, but the hyena-like whine was enough to drive anyone to distraction. Fortunately amongst the press of predators were an increasing number that he was more than passingly familiar with. Neil Kingsley received a smile and a handshake. @Aileen McFarlane was greeted warmly, as was Velma Star who looked as dazzling as ever. Mr Smith was also sent a friendly smile, though the guy was even newer in the domain than he was, so he hadn't even heard his name mentioned.

Callum tucked away the names to go with the faces and slowly began to cajole the coward into submission. This was going to be an interesting time, but hopefully not in the Chinese sense.

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

Daniella cannot help but laugh and returns Marthas hug, “A joy to see you as well Miss Villiers! And thank you. I must say, things have come together quite nicely, and I am eager for us to begin this wonderful evening!” She says, her mood improved by Martha.

When Callum approaches, Daniella smiles, “Good evening Mr McCann, I am Daniella Sage, pleased to meet you.”

Nods and smiles are offered to those she recognizes. She pays a little more attention to the faces she doesn't recognize, and figures introductions could be made once everyone arrived.

When John speaks, she turns to him, “Please Mr Smith, just Miss Sage. There is no need to be so formal out here.” She says and gestures around her, hoping he would catch on. Her tone remained friendly, but she does make a note to address it later.
    Presence •••• (Graceful)│Striking Looks •• (Exotic Beauty)│Mask of Tranquility│Blush Active in Public│British Accent│ WP: 4 Vitae 7

T
    Thom

It is the third time Adler passes the group of monsters outside the Avalon. Twice before already he has driven his Ford full size van around the block in search of a good place to park. The past weeks in the domain have taught him one thing: keeping up appearances is everything here. Wouldn't want to offend Hyacinth Bucket by arriving in a commoner's car, now would I? Then again, he is determined to not walk a mile from the parking haven to the rendez-vous. There is a reason why people drive cars. To walk as little as possible. It's not like he needs the exercise anyway.

The fourth time around he spots an empty spot, just around the corner. Which he skillfully steals from under the nose of a fellow traffic user. Some angry words and the accompanying crescendo of honking horns later, he gets out of his car. Before closing the door he makes sure he has everything he needs. His leather satchel contains a notebook and the complementary fountain pen, a throw-away analogue camera, his mobile telephone, some loose change and small green, a lighter, and a book. It is James Morten's Gangslang, a book that is supposed to provide some insights into the vocabulary, common amongst streetthugs. He has only had time to skim it through. Adler found it earlier that evening in a second-hand bookshop. It might come in usefull, he thought, and it was not like he had to pay for it. Words were valuable enough for the clerk behind the register.

As he walks towards the group of kindred in front of the night club, he carefully feels his hairdo to check if everything is in order. The notion of 'smart-casual' was - is still somewhat strange to him. But he looked up the word combination some days before. On the basis of that, he has left his old tweed jacket in the van. To formal for his taste. (To shabby for the taste of others most likely.) Otherwise, Adler is dressed like he usually is. It's not like he has an extensive wardrobe to choose from. Simple woolen slacks of a dark grey colour are held up by red suspenders. His shirt is white. He had the dry cleaners iron it for the Ventrue meeting at the Lily. But that was several days ago, so now the iron is semi- yet again. The only other change is that his sleeves are, like his slacks, held up by suspenders. Black ones.

His tread slows down as he nears the group gathered around the cadillac's. The taint that most of the predators give off is familiar. Vaguely. He must have spotted them at Court. Still he feels his body being overwhelmed by conflicting drives. Fight and flight. Murderous terror and frightened rage. With a violent shrug of his shoulders he shakes off the bestial urges and locks the raptor back in his ribcage, its screams still vaguely audible to his mind's ear.

He does his best to politely introduce himself to everyone. Adler makes sure to clearly pronounce his name to those he hasn't met before, he repeats their names a few times in his head to make sure he remembers them.

"Good evening, cousin. It is good to see you," he greets Chase Ankers with a firm handshake. " Herald Villiers ," he nods and smiles, "A pleasure as always." And finally, walking up to that shy Dragon, " Aileen McFarlane, right? I hope you are well."

Finally, Adler's attention turns to the cars. He makes a whistling sound and lets out a sigh, "Jezus, what a beauties."

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

Aileen had been fidgeting as a seemingly neverending throng of kindred gathered in front of her. She had expected a handful, a dozen at most, and it felt so crowded... She was there trying to muster the courage to socialize when Chase Ankers came to enquire about her. He was so a gentleman. She liked him.

Good evening, Mr Ankers. I must say I've... not been out so often, and this seemed like... the perfect opportunity to remedy that. I have so much to learn about Sacramento still ! I don't really know what to expect, but what's sure is that I'll learn something tonight. which was part of the teaching they shared after all.

When Adler Walder arrived, she greeted him with a simple I am fine, Mr Walder, thank you. I hope the night finds you in the same condition.

B
    Beej

Teodor stepped off the bus and walked down toward the Avalon. He had forgone most of his usual garb. Instead he wears black work pants, one of his usual linen shirts, black suspenders and his woven leather rosary. Over his shoulder is his worn satchel.

As he neared, the Dragon Monk could feel quite a few Beasts. The Serpent stirs from its lair and slithers about him furiously. It is torn between wanting to tear through the weak blooded in the crowd and cower before those stronger. But he pushes the Serpent back into It's lair. His will and faith would not allow a scene, especially in public. Most of those gathered he had at least seen in passing at Court. And he had more than a few faces with associated names thanks to the kindness of the Herald.

First thing first. Teo walked over to the Herald and Baliff to say hello and to check in. "Ms. Villiers, Miss Sage." he says cheerful to them both with a nod of his head. "You have drown quite the crowd. I look forward to this evening."

Page 2 of 20 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... Last
Closed Thread