Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
(Eolas) To the Confrontation!

Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Transforming back...

From the wolf came the man, stretching and growling and groaning as his body went from a quadriped to a standing, fully clothed man. He moved his neck around in a circle, cracking it. "Well, Chris, now you've seen someone change," James said with a chuckle after resuming his human form. "I'll be right back. I have an idea."

Heading upstairs, James went and grabbed some water. Then he brought it downstairs and sat down by it.

"Well... this is what you tought me. So let's see what She has to show us, shall we?"
    James looked focused, and excited. It was his first ritual in the field. Sitting down by the bowl, he produced his ritual knife, and began to pray silently, his eyes closed as he focused in how to find whoever did this... he pricked his palm and let the drops flow into the water to see what could be seen...

Drops of Destiny - 4 sux
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-10-09 17:42:44 James Calloway rolls 8 to Manip4+Cruac1+Occult3 - Drops of Destiny (10 Again) 10, 2, 2, 7, 8, 10, 2, 8, 6, 6 4 successes

-1Vitae for Drops of Destiny ritual

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    (-1 Vitae in Requiem for Blush)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

- 1 Vitae for Blush of Life in Requiem Subforum

PRE

'Can you remember from what time the journal might have been?' While asking that, Chris tries to find out the same with the book he's currently holding.

'Someone cut out the cover, to find something hidden in the book, so it seems. Could it be that there is a series of books, from the same period or written by the same person... all containing parts of 'something'. If we can find a connection, maybe we can find other books before our mysterious enemy does.'

While thinking about this all, Jim suddenly changes and walks away. Sure. He comes back... Okay, maybe we could indeed use some help.
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

S
    Selena

While James begins his blood ritual he is drawn into the swirling liquids. He sees a very ornate door for a fraction of a second. Then swiftly he's pulled back through a series of doors and the vision darkens.

"Hmmm, at least past 10 or 20 years. I'm not entirely certain." Taking the book from Chris, Zafai had a very surprised look. "Whatever was in here made this journal far more heavy than it is now." The Crone Lord began to flip through a few pages. "These all look foreign. Or the words are. I'm not entirely sure what language its in."

Handing the book back to Chris, Zafai shook his head. "I've only ever been good with French and Creole." Though he wondered if people classified it as a language.

Jim blinks twice, coming out of his vision. He said, "She gave me a long series of doors, the main of which was a very ornate one... Chris, perhaps you might be able to get more?"

Then he looked over and checked out the book... but languages were never his strong suit either. "Perhaps Martha Villiers might have an idea...?" he shrugged. She was pretty academically inclined.

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

With a curious look the Hierophant waits on Jim. When he speaks, Chris is disappointed... in him. 'Would I be able to get more? You should think for yourself first, there's like a whole bunch of clues spread across the room. The Crone doesn't give things away easily... that would make us lazy.'

So far the Hierophant speaking.

'Was it very ornate as in: Taj Mahal ornate, Hogwarts style, our own Temple old style, Christian decorations, Roman era... any clue?' Chris shrugs as he gives several suggestions to think about.

Then he looks at the journal again. 'I'll look at this then... I've searched through so many books for our own project, I might recognize the language.'

Date Action Roll Result
    2012-10-11 18:05:01 Chris rolls 6 to Int + Academics to recognize the languages (10 Again) 2, 1, 1, 9, 2, 8 2 successes
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

S
    Selena

Zafai stands there waiting to be of more assistance if necessary. The two seemed to have a knack for this sort of thing and despite all that had happened that evening, his face had the look of pride.

Chris would perhaps depict that the language was Hungarian.

James could see the ornate door, if anything, clearly in his mind.

the door

Jim grits his teeth, resisting the urge to punch Chris in the face in that moment. He was starving. He was angry at having to run around the entire city. He was furious that the Heirophant, who seemed to have forgotten that they were friends and coteriemates long before James joined the Circle, decided to lecture him. Give a man a title and watch him transform.

It was particularly aggravating because Chris knew James wasn't the sharpest investigator in the shed. He'd done everything he could here. The Mekhet was the one with the Auspex and the discerning investigatory mind and the Goddess's greatest powers. James was just a nomad Gangrel. If Chris didn't want to take his suggestions, what could he do?

Jim's voice was tight. "It's a grey door, I think metal. It had a stylized knocker on the right hand side. It was a lattice-work door with circular patterns on the sides and patterned diamonds and squares alternating. I haven't seen it before. Gothic. Ever seen anything like that in town before?"

The Gangrel's Beast didn't leave much to the imagination about how angry he was in that moment. He crossed his arms and leaned against the wall.

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

'Uuh... no?' Chris shakes his head, although he couldn't really think about it. He's a bit surprised by Jim's reaction.

I was just trying to help him understand... not even as 'the Hierophant', but as someone who believes, a friend.

'I think, maybe, this is Hungarian? Do you know anyone who speaks it?' Chris looks at Jim and Zafai. Speaking of unlikely things. 'Maybe we should tell someone about the whole situation. Seneschal Donovan knows like... everyone, and the Herald too. Maybe someone is Hungarian in the Domain. Who knows what he or she could be up to...'

There's so much going on, these chaotic scenes, now suddenly a pissed off Gangrel again, it makes the Mekhet sound paranoid.

C
    Cross

"Seneschal Donovan could work. Also, my discussions with Martha Villiers suggest to me that she's a scholar of particular skill and experience. I'm not entirely sure what her specialty is, but I figure she'd know the local academic scene... or Dr. Brady, or Swift too?" He shrugged one shoulder as he spitballed the ideas, the other remaining against the wall. "Could also try your Priscus?"

"In any case, we definately should let someone know now."
    The Taifa doesn't particularly seem all that worried about who; he figured the Domain officials all talked.

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

'Yeah, we have more than enough academics around.' He grins, trying to ease the atmosphere again. 'But we should let an official know about this anyway. It is certainly supernatural... almost certainly.'

He glances at Zafai, shortly, would the man disagree...

Then he takes his smartphone to call Ariana Donovan . Simply the one who he trusts most, maybe next to Conner.

Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread