Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(1209) AFD Boxing Competition

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

In one of the branches from the main sanctuary a boxing ring has been marked out and erected. Beyond it are any gloves the competitors might need, as well as places to sit if people want to watch.
    Please check the rules on This post
    Signups will be here ICly, and I will create the VS list from there
    "My father says that almost the whole world is asleep.
    Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to.
    He says that only a few people are awake,
    and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

PRE

Gallows strolled into the ring, looking at the setup. It was very different from Ricardo's, that was for sure. He'd probably be running into some familiar faces from the last tournament, though.

"All right," he said, walking over to the gloves. "Let's do this! Rematch time."

B
    Beej

Reverb walks over to the boxing area. "Spot of the rough and tumble guv'na?" he says in a horribly cheezey British accent as he picks up a pair of gloves. Vincent knows way far away in Santa Barbara his mentor Bazelgette probably sensed his mockery of all things English was shaking his tea-cup cursing 'bloody Yanks.'

Toren comes in next and walks over to the boxing gloves, selecting a pair and turning them over in his hand before putting them on. "Heh heh," he laughs nervously. "I abhor violence, but these look safe enough. I trust there will be headgear as well I hope." He wondered if there might be other ways to ensure his safety without being disqualified.

Well, Violence is always a viable option, it's just highly frowned upon in most establishments. Orpheus joked a bit spotting Toren's nervousness. What he didn't show, was that he himself was quaking a little, or a lot, on the inside. Im a scientist for god's sake! Why the hell am I doing this to myself? There was all the chances thiat he would go down in the first match.

Leo Lockheart

PRE

"Yet it's still a viable option in most of my situations." Leo joked back to Cryotic as he strolled up to the gloves to get started. There was an air of confidence about him as he put a set of gloves on and turned to face the ring.

'Not my prefered fighting style, but I bet I can take a few of these guys.'

PRE

Gallows laughed as Toren approached, and nodded to the former provost. "Don't worry, you'll be fine," he said. "Just watch out for Tamwood, the man's a monster with these things."

He was a little surprised to see how many new people approached--when had all these new faces arrived in the Consilium?

"Hello, everyone," he said to the three newcomers (@Cryotic Xander Beej ). "I don't believe we met. I'm Gallows, of the Silver Ladder." He grinned. "I guess trying to knock each others' blocks off is as good a way to make introductions as any."

B
    Beej

"Reverb." he says with a wave to everyone. "Punching never will pop a paradox on you or run out of ammo. So that's a big plus in the win column." A couple of good right hooks and kicks, with a bit of magic, had saved his ass in Turkey. Vincent would forever be the last person in the world to naysay about fist-i-cuffs.

"Hmm, perhaps," remarks Toren as he clunks his padded fists together before giving an experimental punch into the air. "In high school I was on the wrestling team so I've never had to deal with punches being thrown at me. But learning is what I came here to do."

That being said, Toren's eyes start to drift to the surrounding architecture. He hoped he wouldn't get distracted during the matches by the beautiful molding.

Leo Lockheart

PRE

Leo looks to Gallows as he introduced himself, waiting for Reverb to finish speaking before responding. "I'm Leo Lockheart, of the Adamantine Arrow. I think this is the only introduction I've done that involves throwing a punch. At least, the only one people won't hold a grudge for afterwords." He says with a small, growing grin.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread