Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(1209) AFD Blade Competition

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

On the other branch from the boxing ring, a different raised platform has been placed, along with a selection of wooden blades, and, of course, places for the audience to observe from a distance.
    Please check the rules on This post
    Signups will be here ICly, and I will create the VS list from there
    "My father says that almost the whole world is asleep.
    Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to.
    He says that only a few people are awake,
    and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

One of the first events he chosse to participate in. He strides over to where the mock blades are stored. Picking one up, he assumes his natural fencers stance, holding the bladde lightly in his hand."Balanced well, heavier than a rapier, and longer than a saber." He begins his unfortunate habit of talking to himself, especially when it came to his favorite activity. After making habitual adjustments to his stance, he sets the blade down and waits for others.

Toren walked over hesitantly to the blade fighting area. He didn't much like the thought of participating for fear of being cut. At the sight of the wooden blades he breathed a sigh of relief. That was better than sharpened metal, not that he expected they would really expect mages to hack at each other in such a manner.

Still, best to be on the safe side. Toren walked over to the sitting area to watch. Of course if no one else came to meet the challenge he might step up as a substitute combatant.

Miach

PRE

Coming from the buffet with the smile of a full-bellied cat, Miach walked calmly toward the platform where the blade tournament was to happen. He seemed relieved to see that the blades were made of wood, and even had a wry smile as he took one. He nodded toward Toren and Orpheus, both fellow mystagogues. He had no idea how to actually use it, and quickly took mock pose in front of the others, smiling all along. Then, he recalled they would actually compete with those, and he started to try and see how to actually do something, even remotely martial, with it.

Noctina walks over to the blade arena and waves at those already there.

"Hi all, this should be fun huh?" She says although she was surprised, she didn't expect to see so many mystagogues... In fact everyone here was a mystagogue.

"I guess our style in weaponry isn't the only thing that is old fashioned."

Noctina picked up the smallest blade she could find, did a quick flourish and started to go through some stances Sir Ritchard had shown her, it was evident that she knew what she was doing.
    Flidais
    Thyrsus Mystagogue
    Presence: 3 (Animalistic)

Leo Lockheart

PRE

Leo approaches the wooden blades confidently, with a wide grin on his face. He looked over the others present, sizing up the competition.'I wonder if any of these people really know their way around a blade? The guy with the smile (@Miach) doesn't seem to really know what he's doing. Hopefully I'll get paired with him for an easy start. The girl (@Noctina) seems to know how to use a dagger, but I'll just have to take a sword to get a longer reach on her. Hopefully that'll compensate enough. The other two aren't practicing, so they either aren't competing or they don't want to give away what they can do. With any luck it won't be much.'

He smiles and waves to Miach and Noctina as he walks past her and the smaller blades, taking a larger sword the size of a longsword. He doesn't take a fighting stance or make any mock blows, but only looks for a suitable weapon to use and hold onto.

"So," he says rather confidently,"any other Arrows here yet?"

Presence ●●●● (Fiery)
    Striking Looks ●● (Fierce)
    Status
    Arrow ●●
    Consillium ●●
    Culture ●
    Police ●
    Mana: Full
    WP: -2
    Vae
    Adamantine Arrow, ObrimosSentinel

Status (Culture) •
    Status (Emergency Services) • [Officer Gideon]
    ST INFO

PRE

Last I checked, I counted as an arrow.” Vaeltia said as she walked over to the others looking at the wooden weapons ( Xander ). Of course she was also one of the two setting up the entire thing, but that was not a reason to not participate.

She ran a hand over three of the blades before choosing one that she deemed good enough, for whatever reason. Before turning around and counting the number of Mages who had wandered over. “We could always use some more...” she said absently to herself.
    Speaking {0FAF0B} || Thinking {8340A8}

nimbus

Miach

PRE

While Miach was trying to use the sword as a refined tool of war, with the obvious beginner's lack of control that made it look rather like a stick, he overheard Noctina's assessment that this should be fun, and he shared it wholeheartedly as they were all mystagogues. He waved back at the man passing by, who announced himself as an Arrow, and his heart sank. Of course, in a martial competition, they should have a head start. Then Vaeltia came in too, and the Acanthus knew he didn't have a chance to actually win. Hopefully his first match would be against another bookworm, if only to stand a fair chance.

"So, that makes six people so far. Orpheus said, picking up the blade he had assessed before someone else came in and took it.Arrows and Mystagogues so far... Woulda thought at least one or two Guardians mightve come down, all their cloak and dagger. Either way, I'm going to have some fun with this. This is the first time ive had a sword fight in awhile. The two arrows were definitely going to be a tough challenge, and that one girl looks like she knows how to use a knife fairly well, Miach though...

Kite walked up to the Blade tournament area, his eyes gleaming with interest. He seemed uncertain though, his eyes occasionally shooting down towards his leg.

“So, out of curiosity, how would this work?”

Kite’s techné:

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread