Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(1209) AFD Chess Competition

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... Last

In addition to the tables for the Translation, there are a few tables set up with simple chess boards. There are two chairs at each table and a small score card for each game.
    Please check the rules on This post
    Signups will be here ICly, and I will create the VS list from there
    "My father says that almost the whole world is asleep.
    Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to.
    He says that only a few people are awake,
    and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

PRE

Gallows made his way over to the chess boards. It had been a while since his last game, but he and Lazarus had played frequently as the older Lictor had showed Gallows the ropes. Hopefully, Gallows still had some game left in him.

As he made his way from event to event, Orpheus stops over by the chess station to participate in a few games. He hadnt played in a few years, but his tactics and techniques remained fresh in his mind as he spotted the boards and the various pieces scattered amongst them. Looks like im not the only one who plays this anymore.he jokes when he sees the other person who has arrived before him.

B
    Beej

Reverb wanders over to the Chess and Tactics area. Chess wasn't his best game but it never hurt to try.

Toren wandered in to the chess area, quite sure he would enjoy the game, though not certain if he would do well. He considered himself knowledgeable but strategies were not necessarily his forte. But that's what these competitions were for, gauging one's strengths and weaknesses. He would find out soon enough. He waves hello to the other mages and smiles pleasantly awaiting word of his opponent for the first game.

S
    Sabeleth

It had been a while since Halo last played chess with a living opponent. Most of his games these days were against the computer, so he wasn't sure if that meant he'd do well or get flummoxed. It didn't really matter though, mostly this was about meeting new people and not completely embarrassing himself. He waved to the other entrants and looked at the boards and pieces that had been set out.

Presence •••

West
    Adamantine Arrow

PRE

West wandered over to the boards. While he doubted he'd compete in anything, he had a penchant for the game. He was content to stay on the outskirts of the forming group, and reached out to touch one of the rooks on a board.
    Nimbus

Leo Lockheart

PRE

Leo walked over to the chess boards, sitting in the nearest unoccupied chair. He looked down rather calmly at the board in front of him. Leo strongly prefered combat to strategy, but a good combatant knows the two should go hand in hand if you want to live. He hadn't had the chance to play since he had left Maryland, where his master used to play him. He sat there for a few seconds before eyeing the rest of the silently forming crowd.

'Looks like the cat got more than a few tongues this time. I guess I gotta be the social one.'

"Anybody here actually have time to play this game anymore? I haven't had the chance since high school." He said with a small smile to no one in particular. 'That was only a few years ago, but still. Two years? It's definitely been awhile.'

S
    Sabeleth

Halo turned to look at the speaker. "Hi. Er, don't remember playing against a human for a long time. Mostly I just play against the computer these days." He shrugged. "Looking forward to a few games. I'm Halo by the way, nice to meet you." The new guy offered a hand to Leo, and would give a polite handshake that wasn't annoyingly strong or pathetically limp if the man took it. It would be a goldilocks handshake.

Quietly, Kite walked over towards the boards, his facial expression inscrutable. He circled the boards slowly, almost like a bird of prey sizing up an adversary. Then, still circling, he started to look at his surroundings, towards the other willworkers that had gathered here. He stopped when he spotted an old friend.

“Hey Gallows.” Kite shot his fellow Catalyst member a smile. “Do you play regularly?”

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... Last
Closed Thread