Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

A night at the Ordo I (Open to other Dragons)

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

Martha Villiers

PRE

The long hot summer day had turned to a warm summer evening. The smell of sun baked ground and the sleepy calls of summer birds across the lake drifted in through the open French windows at the rear of the Ordo Chapter House. Long lace net curtains caught the soft breeze.

Dressed in her usual school uniform, Martha was completing her steady watch and patrol of the perimeter and taking a look across the lake and undergrowth...just in case. Carefully checking, for the fifth time on her patrol, the ground through the binoculars that hung from a lanyard around her neck.

Seeming content that nothing appeared untoward, she turned her binoculars skyward, taking care to adjust the focus as she tracked the flight path of an ascending plane. She checked the time by the ancient long-case clock in the drawing room and guessed it might be an ageing Airbus 319 or 320...certainly the livery was United. Probably the 20:30 for Chicago.

Martha looked closer to see if she could learn some recognition features for future identifications and admired the sheer power. It was soon beyond her field of view.

Smiling to herself, she replaced the caps over the lens of her NATO pattern binoculars, returned them to it's carrying case. Closing the French windows she took another look to the shadows of the grounds towards the lakefront and then locked the doors shut.

Patrol was completed and she hobbled quietly over to the nearest bookcase. Thinking again about the power of the Airbus she selected a copy of the latest American Journal of Archaeology. With another happy smile, she sat down and began to read an article about a Hittite quarry.

If any Dragon's wish to join in, please feel free...
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

It was summer, and it meant people tended to be outdoors. For someone whose job was indoor, it usually meant a lower activity, and it was so for Aileen as well. She intended to make the most of the evening regardless, and the shy Mekhet came to the Chapterhouse with an eye on the Library. She entered the ground, parked her car, and got out leisurely in the warm evening. She turned on herself, enjoying the scenery and quiet of the evening, then after a short pause, walked into the House proper, only to find that Martha was here, reading a book. While it would be rude to interrupt her superior in the hierarchy, it would be even ruder not to salute her, and Aileen resolved to.

Good evening, Supplicant Villiers. How are you this evening ?

Perhaps they could even talk about the psychic studies that they seemed to share, if the other woman was so inclined.

Martha Villiers

PRE

With a cheery smile, Martha laid aside her journal and took a few moments to inspect Aileen's legs and shoes. Then looking to Aileen's face. "Good evening, Slave McFarlane! How splendid to see you! I find myself well, thank you for asking! do hope you are well!" a cheery smile, she makes room on her sofa in case Aileen wishes to sit close. Closing the journal and setting aside for later.

"How are you finding things within the Domain? You have come to take a turn on watch duty, miss?"

As she folds her dainty hands meekly into her lap, Martha offers a bright eyed smile.
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

Aileen remained still and silent during the inspection she got from the tiny woman. When came her time to come, she tried to be as friendly as could be, but she admittedly had progress to make in her dealings with others.

I am glad that you're fine then. I am well too, and with free time on my hands, I thought I might hop in and study. I didn't know we needed to keep a watch duty, though ? The Domain feels very safe, I must admit.

There were many questions in her words. Perhaps she should have mingled more if she was ignorant of such things. Was she making a fool of herself ?

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha gently pats the seat next to her, inviting Aileen to join her. Smiling sweetly she nods. "Oh...I see! Well, in the Chapter House we have agreed to share a turn or two through the week to ensure the House is secure." a happy smile. "It isn't a mandatory activity...though through it we reinforce the existing and permanent staff. A continuous presence is helpful for security. Though, I am glad you feel safe in the Domain, miss!" she smiles once more and seems delighted. "Won't you join me, miss? We may converse more readily thereby!" a happy little giggle is offered.

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

Since the woman was so inviting, Aileen nodded in thanks, and came to sat near her.

I don't know about you, Supplicant Villiers, but I often have little time with the business I'm running. I do hope to better my situation eventually, and spend additional free time at this House, then. I would gladly help the Ordo with a watch then, and even now with other endeavours if possible. and her voice rang true. She had come to see the Ordo Dracul as a beacon of hope, and among the few things she felt concerned about, it stood in good position.

It is bringing me much, you know...

B
    Beej

Arriving at the Chapterhouse, the monk was quite impressed. A manison in the Victorian style, it had style and warmth. At least in Dragon Monk's opinion. Athens chapterhouse had been a reconstruction of a Byzantine villa atop ruins that dated back to Roman Greece. It had beautiful and tasteful but there were certain airs of pretension he did not like. Or perhaps that was attributed some of its residents. And Horezu, tucked beneath the ruins of a crumbling Hapsburg monstorcity, it had a stunning library but did not look to the creature comforts of its members.

Dressed in his black cassock, woven rosary around his neck and canvas satchal over his shoulder, Teodor makes his way through the mansion taking stock of the buildings amenities. Finally he reaches the room with Martha and Aileen. "Ah! Supplicant Villiers, wonderful to see you again." he says cheerfully as he enters. "Miss," he says to Aileen as he approaches the pair. "It is pleasant to meet you. Slave Raluca, at your service." the monk smiles warmly at the young woman. The woman had no Beast that Teodor could feel but he was fairly certain she was Kindred as he remember seeing her at court with a 'Deputy Burns.'

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha rubs at the knee joint of her false leg a moment or two as Teo enters. Turning to offer him as sweet a smile as she can while controlling her Beast.

"Good evening, Brother!" she enthuses, eyes bright, "Welcome! Brother Racula...this delightful lady is Slave Aileen McFarlane...Slave McFarlane...Slave Raula!" she introduces them. Busy hand gestures help emphasize her words.

Gesturing with a dainty hand once more, she invites Teo to sit, "Brother...won't you please join us? Pull up a chair and join us! You find us talking about learning...and the time we have and can create to enjoy learning!" another happy smile to Aileen and Teo. Hopefully helping Teo settle quickly into the context of their conversation.

Chase arrives a little later than the others, since he truly hadn't planned on meeting anyone in particular at the Chapter house tonight. It was his intention to make use of the meditation room to recollect his thoughts. His mind was often washed with the concerns of running a business. He had also brought his fencing equipment which was slung in a gym bag over his shoulder to utilize the open gym upstairs. When he stepped through the doors he thought he heard the voices of others within the household. Not wanting to be rude or sneaky he followed the voices to their source and found a gathering of Dragons.

"Oh, hello," he says with mild surprise. "Supplicant Villiers, Slave McFarlane, and..." He cringed, backing out of the doorway at the sight of another kindred whom he was not yet acquainted. Chase's muscles tensed, his body understanding the strength of the Beast standing complacently within the room.

"And greetings, good sir," he says finally after reentering the room. "How lovely to find you all here."

T
    Thom

He is in a good mood tonight. About an hour after dusk set in, he was handed the keys to his beloved Ford full sized van. A miracle. The thing works again. Public transportation, of course, has its charm. But there's nothing that can top that intimate connection between a man and the ignition slot of his very own motorized vehicle. Best of all: free repairs. - Well, he hadn't munched on the mechanic. Adler thinks that to be payment enough. Some Lordly words to lubricate the deal and presto - done.

So, naturally, it was time to take his baby out for a spin. Tour the city. Do some sightseeing. Rebuilt that relationship - 'cause three weeks and some days without each other is a long, long time if you're so used to being together all the time. Do you hear how that engine purrrrs like a kitten on crack? That's how it should be.

Blasting Creedence Clearwater Revival from the tape recorder, he rounds a corner and pulls up a gravel road. His enthusiasm has him overlook the sign that states "PRIVATE ROAD - NO TRESPASSING ALLOWED".

It is a scarcely lit road. And, on the face of it, it is quite long and, more importantly, quite. Normally he is quite prudent with things like speed limits and aggressive driving. But there is also that need to, every once in a while, blow of some steam. Better to do it when you're alone, than at a time when others might judge you for it. Just to get it out of the system. So here, now - at this time and in this place, there is not a person in sight for miles. Just the wind that blows in the trees, a lonely owl in the distance, him, his Ford, and that beautiful road. Time to step on that gas.

In the distance lights start to emerge, closing with an increasing speed - accelerating along with the wheels of the car.

"People say you hear from what you see / Na-na-not from what you hear." his voice is crooked and off-tune, to say the least. Who cares when there is no one to hear?

The Victorian-styled mansion is now fully visible. Against the background of that dark night its lights give the building an eerie air. Classic ghost story. Somewhere at the edge of town, inbetween the middle of nowhere and civilisation, a house stands at the edge of a lake...

Someone bearded can be seen to enter the building. A spark of recognition leads to an unexpected, but all too familiar, exposition of violence within his soul. Reflexively his hands jerk the wheel to the right, as his body is taken over by the raptor inside who attempts to make a u-turn and make a run for it. The van swerves for a moment, as Adler struggles to get back in control over his own actions. The screeching of brakes and a shower of gravel later, the Ford is parked in front of the porch.

Slave Racula. What a surprise. Subconsciously Adler lets out a sigh of relief. That could have been a lot worse.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread