Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
41 - 50
DISPLAYED
Specimen

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 5 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last

Since the guy's BS meter is active, he's going to try to determine if O-Yama is lying, so go ahead and roll Manipulation + Subterfuge.

O-Yama
    O-Yama

NOS
    PRE

not even Prem can save me :(

caught

The man shakes his head. In a very clipped tone of voice, he says "It appears I must convince you I am not in a mood to fuck around."

He walks away for a few moments, and when he returns, he is holding a length of extension cord and a box of tools. He hands the cord to the younger man, who walks somewhere out of O-Yama's field of vision to plug it in, then takes an item from the toolbox: a small powersaw of some sort.

After the saw is plugged in, he turns it on. The blade starts up with a high-pitched whine. He takes a step toward O-Yama, looking downward and specifically avoiding eye contact, and extends the blade toward O-Yama's right hand.

Is O-Yama going to try anything?

O-Yama
    O-Yama

NOS
    PRE

O-Yama growls ferally as he hears the whine of the saw powering up, and wills the blood forth to strengthen his muscles, and attempt to break free of his bonds...

probably losing a hand...

Narration:

O-Yama doesn't feel the slightest bit of give to his bonds, and as soon as he flexes his muscles against them, he hears a loud *SHHHUNKKKK!!!* sound and feels something pierce his chest...just to the right of his heart. He sees that the thing over his chest has thrust the wooden stake into his chest cavity.

The British man steps back with the saw. "Mechanical failure, reset! Reset, and activate countermeasure two!"

O-Yama started the scene at 5 total health. He just took two Lethal from the stake.

O-Yama
    O-Yama

NOS
    PRE

O-Yama grunts as the stake slams into his chest, then laughs hard, roaring and struggling at the bonds once again.

did i get lucky?

Narration:

O-Yama doesn't feel the bonds give even a tiny bit, despite his straining against them.

O-Yama feels the stake yanked out of his chest as the hydraulic jack to which it is attached retracts, then hears a click as it sets in place, ready to be fired again.

At the same time, he sees and hears two nozzles extend from the face of the device from which the stake is fired. First he hears a whirring, mechanical sound as they extend, then he hears a hissing for just a second before flames issue from each. The flames are short - only about an inch long - but he can nonetheless feel the heat against his skin.

"If you pull against the bonds again, you will find the flames increase in size and intensity, in proportion to the amount of pressure you exert against the bonds," the British man says. "Feel free to test this yourself, though. I never tire of the spectacle of seeing one of your kind afire."

O-Yama needs to roll Resolve + Composure at -1 to resist fear frenzy.

O-Yama
    O-Yama

NOS
    PRE

barely cutting it

The Oni screams at O-Yama to run, to flee from the flames, run for his unlife, but the man is stronger. His metaphorically smashes the beast back under the blossoming tree, to sip sake and be calm. It obeyed him, sitting, sipping and grumbling about the flames.

O-Yama relaxed against the bonds that hold him. A look of defeat crosses his face.

"So be it, I am finished, I will answer your questions..." O-Yama says, hanging his head with what little give the neck restraint gives him.

The man looks back and forth between the O-Yama and the saw he still holds. "Yes, well, we will see about that later. I'll just leave you to think for a moment about the things you can tell us, things that might convince me to turn off those flames."

He takes a couple steps away, then turns back to O-Yama, still avoiding looking at his face. "One of our early subjects told us that being around fire for extended periods, unable to escape, sometimes drives your sort mad. We've not yet observed that, but it seems a worthy avenue of study. So think hard as to whether you'd rather cooperate, or whether you'd rather be our guinea pig for that experiment."

O-Yama
    O-Yama

NOS
    PRE

Lets see... the name of the Prince, his known places of ownership, the locations of the rack and the clubs therein.... NO, where is my honor! O-Yama began thinking.

O-Yama begins internally calling to the Oni, where not but a few moments ago he had forced the Oni to submit, now he summoned the Bearer of Lanterns to come forth and release its rage on the shackles that bound him in place.

probably didn't do it quick enough

Page 5 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread