Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
31 - 40
DISPLAYED
Specimen

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 4 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last

"You get to live for awhile longer. You get fed something. And you get to avoid the fate this poor fellow suffered." The British man gestures to Mel. "We have ways of dredging the information from your mind against your will, but I'm told the target finds the experience extremely unpleasant, not to mention permanently damaging. This one's mind was shattered by the experience. If I were you, I'd not bet on faring any better."

O-Yama
    O-Yama

NOS
    PRE

"Very well, I accept your terms." O-Yama says, hoping that by talking, giving only a little, he can buy himself some time. Maybe he would get lucky and rescuers would arrive, or even luckier, he would see an oppurtunity to break free.

"My people, you know our weakness to sunlight, that is obvious, and fire as well, by the looks of him." He says looking at Bethem's ravaged form. "We have powers, fueled by the blood we consume. Some are different, with unique powers from their 'family' ties, but there are powers that are common amongst our people."

The older man nods, clearly interested, while the younger man with the clipboard stands attentively, ready to write.

"Tell me some about these common abilities, and which ones you yourself possess," he says.

Kharn

"We have the power to strengthen ourself, supernatural strength. The same goes for speed, some of us have the power to enhance their speed far faster than any mortal. Some among us can make their flesh more resilient to damage, barely registering blows that would fell another. Some have the power to control the minds of others, other to scare a person into paralysis, there are many."

"And you?" the man asks. "Which of these abilities do you have, and what others?"

O-Yama
    O-Yama

NOS
    PRE

"I have enhanced speed, but no power over manipulating my strength." O-Yama says, hoping they believe his lie. "I am a fighter based on speed but I also have the power to make someone so terrified that they freeze in place. If you would like me to demonstate the powers, simply tell me, I have no intention of attempting to attack you as long as we keep this to a respectful manner."

"At some point, we may ask you to demonstrate this ability," the man says. "But not just now. Are there other abilities common among your kind, besides those you have mentioned?"

O-Yama
    O-Yama

NOS
    PRE

"It is said that those of different lineage have unique powers, but I personally do not know of any." O-Yama lies. "I haven't embraced any lineage as my own and so only know the powers I know."

"So, you aren't aware some of your kind have extraordinary senses? Or can hide themselves from view? Or merge with the soil, or change their form?" The man shakes his head. "Since we have observed such things, or been told of them by others of your kind we've examined, I find it rather hard to believe you, having been one of your kind for so long, would be unaware of such abilities. Which causes me to suspect we might have to rely on Professor Chambers' techniques, since obviously you can't be trusted to be of help."

O-Yama
    O-Yama

NOS
    PRE

"More the fact that I have not had a chance to witness any of these powers. I was in torpor for a very long time, since my time in ancient japan, and only awoke recently, if powers like that are available I did not know. I only know what I personally have seen." O-Yama says, continuing his lies, but his face completely stoic.

Page 4 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread