Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Ventrue 1209

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
    A
    Ariana Donovan

The Lily was a place of interest for many in the Domain. Its setting was unlike the other clubs. However, it was still upscale and classy as other places those of the Society dwelled. The lights were turned up this evening to provide adequate meeting style ambiance.

A long oval table with the appropriate amount of chairs were in place, neatly dressed with a white linen table cloth. In the center, a beautiful bouquet of white Calotropis Gigantea adorned the table.

It was a family meeting and for those who knew Ariana well, her business suit was normal attire for the Lordess. Beneath the suit jacket, an eggplant blouse could be seen and a string of amethyst and gold lay softly around her neck. On her right hand a small ring could be found. For those entering the locale, the Lordess was descending the staircase from above as all had been in place a little earlier. Her normal attachι case was in her hand as Ariana was generally working on something in some fashion.

Chase arrived punctually to the event, one which he had been looking forward to. It would be a chance to better know his new family here in Sacramento. As soon as he stepped foot into The Lily, he knew at once that he would likely return there soon. The striking architecture reminded him of a gentleman's club of refined taste. Considering the neonates focus on his business, the venue would likely be an advantageous place to meet potential investors, no doubt more respectable than that of the average clubber.

Sporting a newly purchased wool suit and black leather gloves, by recommendation of a certain darling Daeva, Chase approaches the table. Seeing the Seneschal in attendance Chase bows politely to the esteemed Ventrue. "How do you do, Madam Seneschal? I trust I am not too expeditious in my arrival?" he says in greeting. The Lord carries with him a notebook sized case, likely containing a tablet for off-site management of his business.

Chase hovers towards the chair two seats down from the end, awaiting Ariana's reply before sitting.

Ashley Cohen
    Presence
    (Resolute)
    Striking Looks
    (Fashionable / Piercing Blue Eyes)
    Blood Potency
    Ashley Cohen

Blush Active in Scenes
    Scenes

+2
    SL
    PRE

Tonight is going to be fun...

A room full of Lords...

I cannot think of a more pleasant way to spend the evening...

Ashley cannot withhold a smirk as the limousine, a black Cadillac Escalade, pulls up in-front of the Lily. The driver makes his way around to open the door for the petite blond, as she edges from her position in the very back towards the open door. Ashley steps out, and away from the limo, only to come to a dead stop. She takes a better stock of the establishment as well as give kine a chance to wonder her importance.

Ashley hands come to perch upon her hips, as the smirk turns into a full blown smile. This night is fraught with potential misfortune, and Ashley knows it intimately. Steps in the Danse Macabre are always perilous, especially when it comes to family, and even more so being a Carthian among so many heavy hitters in the First Estate. It all brings a certain thrill to a creature, who through the course of a couple of centuries, finds exceeding difficulties in connecting with that once human self.

The fun begins...

Ashley's hands lower to her sides, as she begins to move with poise and confidence into the maw of madness. The numerous bracelets adorning her left wrist jingle ever so slightly as her arms sway back and forth in sync with each calculated step that carries her to the door of the Lily. The rhythmic sound will be a harbinger for Ashley's presence the whole evening.

Entering into the Lily, those diamond blue eyes admire the attire chosen for the affair. A curtsy of respect is paid, in order of precedence, to each Lord in turn. Ashley's eyes linger upon Ariana, admiring her wardrobe.

Exquisite outfit. I would not expect any less from you...

"Madame Seneschal, you look truly stunning this evening." The touch of Ashley's smile is heard upon her words. Her eyes move from the Seneschal to the Oval Table.

Oh how the First Estate loves playing "pick the right chair" game...

Ashley remains standing, waiting to see how some of the others fill the table. Even though it has been a moment since she played this game, it is one she cannot forget. Those stunning blue eyes fall upon Chase as he wrestles with that choice.

"I do not believe I have had the pleasure of formally meeting you. I am Ashley Cohen." Ashley gives Chase a wink along with the introduction.

Blush Active
    "Don't be pretentious, I am the truth."

Social Combat
    WP ••••• | Dominance Modifier ••••• | Guile •• | Nerve [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]

E
    Ebon Reaper

The Mexican Lord arrived with little fanfare. A simple cab was good enough, for tonight at least. As usual for these kind of 'formal' occasions, he was wearing his real Zegna suit. The only adornment visible is a silver tie clasp.

Once inside, Ricardo bows to Ariana and looks for a seat near her, but does not sit yet. "Good evening, Priscus Donovan." On his was over, he inclines his head to Chase. "Good evening, Supplicant Ankers." Finally, he looks to Ashley. "Good evening, I don't believe we've met. I am Whip Ricardo Rodriguez." Sometimes, we beat a Deava to a prospective Childe.

T
    Thom

This is the evening he has been looking forward to. Sort of. He is loathe to give off an undesirable first impression. It is why he has checked out the venue days before the actual date of the meeting. Based on his observation he had decided to take his woolen slacks to a dry cleaner, as well as to get himself some new white shirts. Specially for the occasion Adler has made a stop at a local perfume shop, on his way over. To splash some of the liquid of the sample bottles (of several bottles actually) on his skin. His shoes are polished. Over his shoulder hangs a leather satchel. The only piece of his outfit that has not gotten a make-over of sorts, is his old tweed jacket. Which makes for a strange mixed odour of Chanel, Lancome, and Yves Saint Laurent, with a twist of moth-ball-lavender.

Though he wishes to socialize with his cousins, he knows their Blood is a double edged knife. How to get to know these undead persona's, when it is only roleplay that is truly alive within them? No doubt most will close off their true selves in favour of a more formal distance that will prevent anyone with the wrong intentions to get to close - lodge him or herself into their minds. To create that gap is something he knows how to do. It is of vital importance to any kindred, let alone Lords. But to bridge that gap is something he still has to learn. It is something he will have to deal with, if he wants to see his plans through. Never too late to teach an old dog a new trick.

Adler arrives on foot. He pushes through the door and braces himself for the all too familiar violence within his soul. As the foul screams of the raptor momentarily deafen him to the reasoning of men, his body shudders, unable to decide whether to murder or make a run for it. Are those reaction really mutually exclusive? He manages to get a grip.

As a greeting, he nods to the ones present and presents himself: "Good evening cousins. My name is Adler Walder." He guesses that it is not yet time to do a formal introduction, so he keeps the reciting of his lineage for that later moment. Which is sure to come. If these are indeed Lords.

He places his hand over his heart and makes a slight bow, "Madame Priscus Donovan," the pronunciation of that first word is distinctly French, "I have gift, to thank you for hosting this event." He opens up the satchel and produces a cube-ish package of some weight, wrapped a simple red paper. If the Seneschal accepts and opens it she will find the two volumes containing the Loeb edition of Virgil's Aeneid.

A
    Ariana Donovan

As Ariana’s heels hit the main floor from the stairs, she grinned while she settled her beasts urges as she saw the first arrival. The Lordess had gentlely acknowledged Chase’s bow and then she shook her copper locks she responded. “Of course not Mr. Ankers. Your suit looks rather dashing tonight.” Her eyes followed it’s fitting on the Ventrue Dragon. “I am splendid this evening, I hope you are well.” She said as she walked toward the area set aside for the meeting.

Then followed to more of her family into the Lily and her smile remained as she felt the strong blood of one and the lesser of the other two. Ariana nodded in acknowledgment to the bows from each. “Thank you Miss Cohen, and I can certainly return the compliment, I do love black dresses.” Her voice sincere as admired her dress.

“Good evening to you Mister Whip Rodriguez and Mr. Walder.” Ariana pivoted as she addressed the other gentleman. She smiled when she saw Ricardo's tie clasp. When Adler presented her with a package her eyes widened slightly with a thankful smile. “Thank you Mr. Walder. Would you like me to open it presently?” She was of course curious as to what it could be, though judging by the weight it was not a something wearable.

Ciara Maskelyne

Ciara Maskelyne
    Striking Looks 2 (European Beauty)
    Presence 4 (Magnetic)
    Blood Potency 4

Status

City 2
    Ventrue ~
    Invictus 1

*Ciara is the next to arrive; the dark haired-Lordess had driven herself to the meeting tonight. It was still warm enough that she could get away with letting the top down on the restored British sports car without out getting too many strange looks from the Kin. As she eases the Jaguar to a stop in the Lily's parking lot, she takes a few moments to brush out her long hair, leaving just enough muss to give it an appealing, "fly away" look.

As she makes her way towards the meeting, the tall Ventrue can already feel the crush of other Beasts; some familiar, others she knew only in passing. She takes a moment to let her own inner demon adjust to the presence of others, using that time to see where everyone was located. She watches as Ariana takes a gift from a man she did not yet know the the name of.

Normally it would have been a happy affair, but given the events of the past year in Sacramento, Ciara did not wish to interrupt the exchange, not distract the Deputy should there be more than a simply gift in the box.

Instead, the thin Lordess remains towards the back of the gathering for now, waiting her turn to give proper salutations. She absent-mindedly sways her hips from side to side, the soft fabric of the auburn colored dress gently flowing with her motions. Every so often, the long slit in the side would open, falling around her legs to fully reveal the matching leather riding boots underneath; a thin hand reaching up to fiddle with the silver necklace Ciara had chosen to accent the outfit.*
    Presence 4 (Magnetic) | Striking Looks 2 (European Beauty) | *Speaks with a vaguely Continental European accent*

"Ah, I am doing well, thank you," replies Chase to Ariana, his words becoming true by the Seneschal's generous compliment. His hands unconsciously move to smooth the suit coat along his torso.

At the appearance of the stunning Lord, Ashley, Chase twists in place and backs against the tabletop, clutching the wooden surface in sudden panic. Masked by intimidating elegance, was a strong Beast that made Chase's prior confidence shrink and writhe by her presence. "H..hello, Miss Cohen, is it? Yes, a pleasure, err the pleasure is all mine," he replies, trying to regain stability in his voice. How had he not come across this beauty before now? Surely her presence suggested her to be of their clan, yet she held all the characteristics of the Daeva he had come across within the Domain.

Breaking him from his thoughts is the Clan Whip, Ricardo, thankfully a more familiar face. "Hmm? Oh, yes, good evening, Whip Rodriguez," he replies quickly. With all these strong Beasts in the room, Chase wonders vaguely if he is to be the youngest Lord present. Luckily another presence arrives in the form of Adler Walder. Ah, this one I can deal with if so challenged...

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up
    The Prince's Ghoul • Cozette Muriel
    The Prince's Ghoul • Olivette Angeline

+1
    SL
    PRE

Asa waited patiently for the other cars to move, meeting the eyes of his ghoul in the rearview mirror to indicate that he was content to wait. Cars, like clothing, said much about their owners, and he stared at the back of the Escalade wondering if someone had Embraced Lil John or Allen Iverson.

By the time they reached the door, he let himself out rather than waiting, and entered The Lily. For a moment, he sifted through the sensations, picking out the familiar strong predator, and the press of the weaker ones. The unfamiliar ones were enough to rouse the Beast, but not strong enough to challenge it -- but it remained in the back of his mind, hackles raised.

Dressed in a a vintage, genuine YSL couture suit, he wore a crisp white shirt and amethyst colored tie.

Again, he paused.

What the hell is
    that smell?

His brows knit slightly as he identified the source, chose to stop breathing, and continued forward.
    Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

T
    Thom

"It is up to you, madame Priscus Donovan," his words stutter for a moment. His hand instinctively clasps the back of a chair in a more than firm grip, as his beast notices another predator entering, one more potent than any of the others in the room. He glances over his shoulder and nods respectfully at the woman in the redish-brown dress, before addressing the Priscus again, "The gift is yours now, what you do with it is none of my concern. I have tried to pick out something that - I think - is appropriate to a family meeting, though."

Adler's face seems to give away no emotion, but the fingers of his left hand fiddle, slightly nervous, with his moustache. Taking a few steps back to get outside of the centre of attention, he looks around the room. Noticing that no one has decided to take a seat yet, he chooses to stay standing as well - until one of the others leads by example. His eyes come to rest on the man with the blond hair and blue eyes. The only one whom he is urged to maim, murder, and brutalize (in no particular order), instead of flee from. When the time comes to play musical chairs, he will try to make sure he sits next to that one. Better to sit next to a peer, when amongst monsters.

Shit. he thinks, as the Prince enter. What does one give to royalty? Quickly, he makes a slight bow. Eyes on his toes.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 2

You do not have permission to view the list of names.