Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(Ghostbusters) That's a big Twinkie

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... Last

The school house looms up from the mist, which over the past half hour to an hour has seemed to have become much thicker, almost sticky even. Cut through, along the pathway it is almost as if someone had ‘parted the red sea’ and not a single trace of mist is left on the path.

Down the path the school stands, the doors to the hall open, and the faint glimmering of light from within the main hall. From within the mists the sounds of a creaking swing echos along the empty streets.

[Wits + Composure - 2] please.
    Your unseen senses are buzzing, and it is about 1 in the morning.
    "My father says that almost the whole world is asleep.
    Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to.
    He says that only a few people are awake,
    and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Date Action Roll Result
    2012-09-21 20:49:46 Orpheus rolls 3 to Wits 2 +Resolve 3 - 2 (10 Again) 5, 3, 10, 10, 9 3 successes

Orpheus walks down the street with a massive headache, and a lack of sleep, putting him in a very unfriendly mood at the moment. Why am I doing this? he asks himself slowly as the school building enters his view. He had felt something not that long ago and thought it would probably be better to pull himself out of bed to investigate. He mumbles something about twinkies and stands outside the doorway, letting his sense do some work

T
    Theseeker

William looked at the strange mist in front of the school, though he's had ached and he was wet with sweat, he loved how it looked eldritch, but at the same time it remembered him of Catherine, and that made his heart shrink to the size of a small pearl. He had woke that night very strangely, first he had woke, he didn't awake at night no matter what, unless it was invaded. Second he simply wasn't capable of thinking rightly and simply followed some kind of map that was imprinted within his mind, he knew he needed to get there, he didn't knew why, it was pure instinct. " That makes no sense, I should know why I'm here", maybe he was being spontaneous again, maybe it was like that music Why am I here? Why am I here? I am here because... because I am here!. Then he came back to his sense and looked around seeing someone near him. " hey, you, why are you here?"

Why am I here? I could ask you the same thing. Orpheus was actually rather shocked to see someone else this early in the morning. The man sounded like he has no clue where he was at the moment. I so do not want to deal with this shit right now... Being the kindly person the scientist was, he decided to at least try and fill things in at the moment. In case it hadn't hit you, this is a school, its one in the morning, and I have a splitting headache, and I have about as much of a fucking clue as you do. He wasn't usually this vulgar, it was just a combination of a lack of sleep, the time, and his bad mood. After a brief silence, He decided to add a few words in Atlantean as well, any mage worth his salt would instantly know the other was awakened.

As to why I'm here, something was bothering me, so I decided to investigate. I have a bad feeling about this place though... Orpheus trailed off, looking back up at the schoolbuilding, this was starting to remind him of a number of bad horror movies he had seen.

T
    Theseeker

The man was really rude, but well it wasn't one of the best hours to talk " From what I can understand we have been brought here by something inside there, something that has some good mind control techniques I should say", that place reminded him of silent hill or maybe another, it was quite creepy, it is a good place to spend a sleepless night, he got closer to the other awakened, " Hi, friend, I'm Volos, scion of the Watchtower of the lead coin, let's try to figure what bullshit is happening here?" he put special emphasis on the friend and bullshit part to see if the man was an initiated or not. He then looked at the school and started to call upon his inner senses, in his mind his eyes appeared to blacken and enter another world, but his concentration failed him and he couldn't reach for the power of Stygia, his head hurt, a lot. He prepares to use it again, this time though he starts to better prepare by chanting in the Atlantean language beforehand, if he couldn't concentrate normally he has glad to concentrate by other means.

Please post all rolls in the thread, and keep your signatures updated. Also Volos Theseeker you still owe me a [Wits+Composure-2]
    "My father says that almost the whole world is asleep.
    Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to.
    He says that only a few people are awake,
    and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Orpheus sighs, and begins his introduction. "I'm Orpheus, I follow the Path of the Mighty. Oh, and I'm mysterium if that matters any." It didn't really, not at the moment. After watching the man attempt to use a spell. He decides that it would probably be best to get at least an idea of the resonance of the area. He quickly brings his hand up in his most common hand sign, letting him observe that which is invisible to the norm.

Date Action Roll Result
    2012-09-22 21:33:51 Orpheus rolls 3 to Supurnal Vision (Wits + Occ + Prime (10 Again) 4, 4, 4 failure

It didn't work. God dammit, this is no time for this to not work. Resolved not to give up, He tries again

Date Action Roll Result
    2012-09-22 21:38:13 Orpheus rolls 2 to Supurnal vision. Again... (10 Again) 9, 6 1 success

Much better.. the Scientist thinks as his weaving takes hold.
    "Bah, sorry if I come off as an ass, i'm not usually up this late unless I'm studying for exams, and I haven't done that in years. let's find out what the hell is going on, and then have a nice cup of coffee in the morning eh? He asks, trying to stay friendly despite the odd circumstances. Although he isn't quite sure what he means with the emphasized Friend and Bullshit parts, it probably doesn't matter.

T
    Theseeker

OCC

Date Action Roll Result
    2012-09-23 08:17:44 Volos rolls 4 to Wits 3 +Resolve 3 - 2 (10 Again) 10, 9, 10, 10, 9, 9, 3 6 successes
    William finishes the Hymn and concentrates again this time the powers if Stygia come to him
       grim sight
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-09-23 08:22:22 Volos rolls 5 to Gnosis+Death+High Speech - 1 (10 Again) 8, 5, 8, 3, 6 2 successes
    Now that's what I'm talking about, he looked at that school something profoundly unnerved him, that place was creepy, also he noticed that the man though a member of the mysterium hadn't been initiated, strange town, strange people.
    " Yeah, let's see what is going on and finish it fast, I'm also a member of the mysterium by the way" he still would have to figure why the guy wasn't initiated, it was very weird leaving in account how they did things in his former city.

"So, ready to head inside? The Scientist asked, they weren't going to get anywhere just standing outside the opened door. This is starting to really feel like a horror game, if there's a zombie around the next corner I swear to god... he trails off in his mind, trying to come up with creative ways to obliterate zombies like he would in a video game. "Oh, give me a quick second, I should probably cast something else as well. Considering that there might be something dangerous inside, it'd be unreasonable not to go in shielded.

Date Action Roll Result
    2012-09-23 11:26:31 Orpheus rolls 11 to Unseen Shield (10 Again) 10, 4, 4, 1, 3, 9, 6, 9, 5, 3, 3, 7 3 successes

It wasn't quite as strong as he was hoping for, but it would have to do. they were wasting time here.
    "Now lets go."

T
    Theseeker

William breaths deeply and puts his hand on his jacket's pocket, feeling the reassuring weight of his Telescopic Baton, he opens the school door and goes in. I must be out of my mind

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... Last
Closed Thread