Ended
Watch

Blood from a Stone

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3

Catherine Keyes

PRE

Perhaps, let me look at this from a different point of view, and even explain this to myself.” She folded her hands gently in her lap before raising her eyes again to Conner’s face. “You feel it is right to withhold otherwise public information for the fear that it would bring doom upon the domain. Many of the Kine civilizations also believe that the secret plans that they have drawn up behind closed doors, should they be delivered into the hands of their enemies would bring about a downfall.

She began tapping a single finger against the back of her other hand. “So that begs the question, Reeve Greyson, when was the last time you read a history book? Because I am confident in saying that such history records display the facts in a summary, and not in complete strategical detail. Insomuch as the history of the domain is interesting to me, the strategical aspect of the forces and barricades do not.” If the Reeve honestly thought that she wanted to spend her time measuring the thickness of walls and counting the number of blood banks in the city he was sorely mistaken.

I am more interested in the chronology of the domain itself. Like what happened ten years ago. Considering you were only made Priscus a little over two, I can conclude that any information that you have does not reach as far back as the early nineteen hundreds. I truly do not care how old you are, where you came from, or what you do behind closed doors in the internet. I have no interest in the physical prowess of the domain, or how His Highness or you spend your time away from your work.” she shifted her head slightly, and for a moment was surprised at how even and cold her voice had become.

I do not care if you do not trust me, you know as well as I do of what we are. I expect that, however, withholding information from someone who asks in confidence, particularly about things that have only historical and fictional value -- that I do not comprehend. There is only one conclusion that I can make -- that you have none of the information that you are withholding from me.” With that she rose to her feet, and extended her hand to the Mekhet behind the desk. “May I have my file back?

C
    Conner Greyson

Conner stands, "Miss Keyes, the fact that you would insult me with these lectures only shows that my choice to withhold this information from you is correct. It also shows that besides your considerable academic knowledge, you have zero knowledge of how to conduct yourself politely in conversation. I would refer you to the Au Pair if you seek assistance in such matters."

Conner's left wrist spun a slow spin, "The fact that since you have arrived in this domain you have done nothing to prove your trustworthiness or prove that you actually respect the domain you are in, also proves that you are not deserving of any information. The fact that I have not heard one good word in your favor, also reassures this." Conner paused for a moment, allowing himself to remain calm through this situation. "I quoted something to another kindred not long ago, a @James Callaway, I quoted to him 'He means to succeed, and a man who has centuries before him can afford to wait and to go slow.' I am sure an educated woman like yourself knows the text that is from."

Conner made his way over to the woman and handed her the file, "Now, You are more then welcome to leave my office if you wish to continue to insult me."

This woman was extremely lucky that I am not Arnold Culler...

He would have fucked her up...

Catherine Keyes

PRE

Common. Knowledge. I have sworn an oath in allegiance to the Prince and his domain. I do not swear lightly, Reeve, and I am not foresworn. The fact that you would insult me by withholding such common information to one who has done nothing contrary to the domain shows that you do not know. Although my studies often preclude my attendance to many of the social interactions of the domain. However those appropriate I attend, they are at the behest of those in the domain I consider my betters. And you may pleasantly well keep your Stoker quote away from me.” Catherine said as she took the file from him and turned to leave

I shall not bother you again. Enjoy your requiem.

And with a curt bow she was gone.

End Scene

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.