After the gathering at the Ember, in place of the Avalon, A Invitation is Delivered into Jennifer's hands by Conner's Trusted Ghoul Cheyenne.

The invitation is in a black envelope with a Silver Wax "CG" seal. A small tag says, "please open in private."

Jennifer receives and opens the letter delivered by Cheyenne immediately. She reads it silently; working to conceal her emotion from the ghoul.

Date Action Roll Result
2011-12-08 00:48:32 Jennifer Hazelton rolls 5 to Hiding emotions (empathy + composure) (10 Again) 3, 10, 10, 4, 7, 5, 10, 8 4 successes

Upon opening the envelope she finds a black card with silver writing that says the following

"To Madam Notary Jennifer Hazelton,
childe of Joshua Homan,
childe of Lady Notary Gweneth Ward;
childe of Libretist James Barlowe;
of the line Nosferatu

Your presence is humbly requested by the Honorable Reeve, Mister Soldier Conner Greyson, Co-Regent of the Tenurial Domain of Florin, for dinner and conversation. If it pleases the Madam Notary to accept this invitation, he requests that you meet him in the bar of the Sacramento Sundown Hotel. This meeting will take place on the Tenth of December, Two-Thousand and Eleven.

With Respect and Anticipation,
Mister Soldier Conner Greyson,
Reeve of Sacramento,
Priscus of Shadows,
Regent of the Tenurial Domain of Florin
"

She had been taught that a ghoul was an extension of her master; and Jennifer did not want her immediate reaction to make her seem childish or foolish in Conner's eyes. She feels that she hides her excitement and pleasure at the invitation well. Her mind churns with questions regarding the proposed meeting: was her coterie mate invited? Would the Regent Donovan attend? How would dinner be procured?

There was no question that she would attend.

"Thank you, Cheyenne." She tells the woman. "Please inform the Honorable Reeve Greyson that I am honored at the invitation ans shall be attending the dinner."
She tucks the letter within the innermost pocket of her messenger bag; telling herself that she ought to start packing proper stationary within it.

The night of the dinner date came and Conner Greyson waited in the wings of the bar of the Sacramento Sundown. Conner stood in his black suit and white shirt, open at the collar, with no tie and waited patiently for the Madam Notary to arrive. He watched the bar area and wondered how Jennifer would arrive, or if she would at all.

Jennifer exits a taxi in front of the bar; taking a moment to adjust the gauzy green drape that nuzzles her neck; sheathing her neck and disapearing beneath the collar of her outfit.
Outfit

The blush of life lends a rosy blush to her cheeks; visible to Conner as she enters the bar. She pauses for a fraction of a moment; then chooses a seat by herself; some ways from the bar tender. She half turns; her eyes poring at the bar attendees; likely searching for Conner.

Her own Beast is draped beneath her Cloak; masking her young Beast.

Conner makes his way over to Jennifer. As he does he looks upon the woman and admires her beauty. The Mekhet slides onto the stool next to her, as silent as the shadow she is. "Good Evening Ms. Hazelton, how does the evening find you." Conner asked in a polite and soft tone. His tone is no more or less casual then normal. But something about him may be a bit more... relaxed then normal perhaps? His beast is masked as always.

Jennifer half turns upon her stool at Conner's approach; relaxing minutely at realizing that it was he.

"It finds me well," Jennifer replied; her eyes hinging on his for a moment as she tried to pinpoint the difference in Conner's behavior. The more relaxed nature could be attributed to the setting; she pondered. Her eyes move from his for a fraction; glancing at his choice of attire for the evening.

She was taking her clues from him on what was planned for the evening; and find her curiosity had not abated.
"I hope that you've had a pleasant time since we last spoke." She confides quietly; honest in her statement.

"Indeed I did, our conversations are always enjoyable." Conner said with a nod. "Which is why I asked you to join me for dinner." Conner's voice is polite and calm.

"Ah speaking of Dinner" Conner spy's Cheyenne in the lobby, "Our table is ready." Conner stands and offers Jennifer his arm. "Would you do me the honor?"

"You were correct in the night proving interesting." She admitted. "Much more so than I had imagined the evening going."

At Conner's invitation, Jennifer stands and accepts the Reeve's arm; attempting to follow the man's gaze.

"It would be my pleasure." She glances up at Conner; trying to guess what the polite Mekhet might be thinking. She allows herself to be led to the table; taking a moment to glance at the diners around them. The moment seemed surreal.

Well... Rather then going to a table they exit the bar and make there way through the hotel to the elevators. Up they go to the top floor and they make there way to a suite. Cheyenne opens the door and they make there way inside. "I apologize if this seems a bit... odd. But with our condition if we were to eat in the restaurant it would, as you know, cause problems. We can speak openly here though, the kine in the suite with us are mine." Conner leads them into a dining area and pulls out a chair for the woman. "Please, sit." Once the woman is seated a member of Conner's herd, dressed as wait staff, places a black gift box with green ribbon in front of the Nosferatu.

Jennifer glanced about the suite for a moment; taking a moment to regard the kine that Conner had claimed. The role of a groom had been explained to her awhile back; and Jennifer was keen to see how Conner would select his herd.

"I understand." Jennifer replies to the Reeve. "I am more at ease here where we can speak openly. Not that the bar wasn't lovely."

With the women dressed like jewels; it had been an experience a bit out of her comfort zone.

"Thank you." The Nosferatu replied with a smile; taking the proffered the chair that Conner indicated. As the woman approaches, Jennifer glances up at her. The box was not what she had expected and she picked it up, admiring its presentation.

She glanced towards Conner; a bit of anticipation in her eyes.
"Thank you, Reeve Greyson. I am humbled at the thought."
The Nosferatu attends the box; delicately opening it.

Inside the box is a delecately folded green and black silk scarf.

Jennifer reaches inside the box, her fingers delicately feeling the silk. She lifts it out of the box; admiring its beauty.
"Thank you." She said quietly, genuinely touched at a gift that was clearly chosen personally for her; with care given to it. Jennifer glances at Conner; holding the scarf with both hands.

"I'll cherish it."

The Nosferatu lies the scarf down within its box momentarily; reaching under her collar. She grips the gauzy brown scarf that hides her deformity; slowly working at the knot.

Conner stood and walked around to help her with the scarf, slowly undoing the knot and letting the brown scarf come loose. He slid it from her skin, if the deformity bothered him, the man's reaction or body language did not reveal it. Conner proceeding to assist with the wrapping of the new scarf, not doing a not as much as just wrapping it around her neck.

"It pleases me greatly that you like it, Madam Hazelton." Conner says as he slides back to the other side of small table and looks into Jennifer's eyes.

Jennifer was slightly surprised at Conner's lack of reaction to her deformity. She had tolerated worse reactions from even her own family members. Jennifer watched the Mekhet with keen interest, her hand posed to feel the silk fabric through her fingers as she regarded him.

"Reeve Greyson; I am rather curious what our dinner plans are," She posed with a content smile. Other things were more pressing on her mind; but she hadn't made up her mind on Conner yet. She had a fleeting thought to protect her new gift through out dinner and a wider smile stole across her face at her own disorganized priorities.

"...you've been setting the bar pretty high this evening." Her tone is warm; colored by her pleased smile.

"Am I trying to hard?" Conner asked with a sly look to the lady haunt. Was he trying to be playful? Really? Is the emotionless piece of slate that is the Reeve of the Domain actually showing that he may have a sense of humor? "As for our Dinner Plans, I had hoped we could eat in. I have some things I wished to discuss with you." Conner stated, "Such things that cannot be discussed openly. And then, if you would like, we could perhaps go for a walk through one of our city's many attractive parks."

"I wouldn't say that." Jennifer's smile didn't leave her lips. "Although I'm rather curious about these things that you wish to discuss. Did I happen to catch 'assistant' leave your lips a few evenings ago?"

Her own turn was rather playful; although she glanced about the room again; as though imagining dinner plans strolling in.

"Yes that was a test to see how you would react." Conner stated.

"You see Madam Hazelton, I wish to take you into my employ. As my assistant of kindred affairs. This would be a unofficial position as far as the city heirarch is concerned. I frown on creating random positions and then expecting people to respect it."
Conner said wondering if she would pick up the meaning of his words. "This would require a great deal of trust on my part and descretion on yours. I am sure you have questions?" Conner waited for her reaction and any questions the squeeky woman may have.

Jennifer leaned forward slightly; her posture one of interest.

"I don't want an official position." She replied; although interest danced in her eyes. "I have business enough with Family and Covenant responsibilities without Kindred wagging their tongues over the 'job I'm doing'." A wry smile touches her lips. "Deep down, I''d wager Kindred eye those who get 'random positions'. " She uses his own phrase; tilting her head as she watches him shrewdly.

"What things interest you?"

"Do my interests have bearing on if you will accept the position as my assistant or not?" Conner asked, not being evasive, but showing interest and curiosity.

Jennifer considered the question for a few minutes; eying Conner.

"No, it doesn't. I have a keen curiosity; Reeve Greyson. I'm very curious about what I'll be doing." She stated plainly.

Its a role that requires a great deal of trust. I do enjoy hearing the full perimeters of what you'd enjoy."

Conner was not entirely sure as to the point of this conversation is, nor is he certain as to the woman's motives. So... he will use the tools available to him.

3suxx to Aura perception
Date Action Roll Result
2011-12-08 21:47:51 Conner Greyson rolls 6 to Int3+Emp2+Aus4-3Comp-3Information (10 Again, WillPower) 9, 6, 9, 7, 9, 5 3 successes

Jennifer continues to look into his eyes; if a bit confused by the stare. Her pale aura is a mottled violet; transitioning to pale blue.

So she was excited and is growing calm... interesting. Conner thought. "My interests are my own. Some are appropriate for polite conversation, some ... are not. Which would you like to know about?" Conner asked leaning back in his chair and places a hand on his chin with a finger over his mouth. If he still had his goatee he would probably stroke it.

Jennifer inclined her head slightly to Conner; conceding his right to privacy.

"Which do you think I'd find more appealing?" She proposed; interest coloring her tone. Her brown eyes regard him with curiosity; nearly to the point of rudeness. The blush still colored her body and lent respiration to her; yet her eyes were slowly ceasing their semblance of life. She was focusing more on the conversation than keeping up appearances; as they were alone here.

"Let us make an agreement."
Conner gestures to the waiter, "For the rest of the evening. We will do our best to not answer a question with another question." The herd member brought out two glasses of water, crimson liquid swirled within them. Conner picked up his and took a drink. "Do we have an accord?"

" I'm being too coy." Jennifer stated; shaking her head.

"We have an agreement," Jennifer replied; lifting her glass and holding it out for a toast together. "- not to answer with questions. I'm more curious about what Kindred affairs interest you."

Conner raises his glass and gives her a "It is not that you are being to coy, Madam Hazelton, it is that I want to learn more about you. As you do me. So we cannot answer each others questions with questions if we want to increase our knowledge of each other." Conner explains "Especially if we are to be working closely together."

Conner thought about her question, "Kindred powers and adaptability interests me. I do not believe that the five clans are separate species. It is my belief that we have evolved into what we have become." Conner states. "Somewhere in our history it was necessary for a kindred to evolve into a lord or a savage. Does that sound odd coming from a Soldier of the First Estate? Or perhaps just coming from me?"

"I think this is the classic nature vs. nurture argument." Jennifer proposed. "Did the Mekhet become astute in the powers of observation because they possess Auspex; or did their keen observation bloom into the power of the Blood?"

"I don't believe it is odd; Reeve Greyson." She confided. "I admit; some of my first schooling was to analyze Kindred and guess at their Family and Blood. My sire was a poor teacher of methodology; but he did show me that the Beast is jealous of others. From those first days; I've always been curious as to how the first Nosferatu learned to channel his Blood to the Fear."

"I'm very curious about your experiences researching."

"I apologize but I have no research. I am a soldier not a scientist. Any opinions I have on the matter are ones that I have formed in the field, so to speak." Conner explains, "You see I am a man who learns by doing." Conner waits for a moment before continuing,

"Let us move on to a lighter topic. What do you do, as far as hobby's are concerned?" Conner asked going back to a conversation from earlier that she questioned a question that he had questioned.

Jennifer nodded.
"It'd be difficult to do the actual research, but possibly rewarding..." She followed his change of subject with a self depreciating smile.
"You might laugh. I'm interested in Botony - learning how to grow roses, blue convulvolus - the flowers that convey the more subtle meanings in the language of the flowers."

"You are not the First Kindred I have met who has an interest in Boteny. it is interesting the parallel. We who cannot exist in the light, cultivating things that require it." Conner says with a subtle smile in his voice. "If you don't mind me asking how long have you been of the Kindred? Do not feel obligated to answer if you do not want to.'

"I used to think that I was foolish for wishing to learn more about Botony," Jennifer admitted. "Then even apprehensive of attempting to create an enclosed green house with a lighting system. Yet Doctor Powell assured me that it wasn't an impossibility to attempt a green house in our condition.

I do have plans to try and start one once I deal with other priorities."

Jennifer shook her head.
"I'm not ashamed of my youth; Reeve Greyson. I have Dansed for ten years."

Conner guessed her physical age is about 26 or 27. Which means her actual age is about 37... Conner did some more math in his head

"You carry yourself extremely well for someone so young. A credit to both yourself and your sire." Conner says raising his glass to her in toast. Conner assumed that she did not have too poor of a relationship with her sire or grand sire, otherwise she would not use them in her formal introductions.

"Thank you, Reeve.." Jennifer blinked at the reference to her sire.
Jennifer laughed. It was borne out of deep inside her, more for mirth.

"My apologies; Reeve Greyson; but my Sire .... I don't credit him for my behavior. Except for perhaps my timidity with my elders. Priscus Grigoriev has told me that this is not how most act..." She shrugs, lifting her glass.

The swirls were inspected with obvious curiosity and she drank a fair amount; finding it a good new experience.
"Lovely," She states with a smile.

"No reason to apologize, perhaps I should be the one apologizing as i failed to give credit where it is due. Full credit to you Madam Hazelton." Conner again raises his glass. "would you care for something more substantial? Or is the drink enough for now?" Conner asked.

Jennifer smiled, taking another sip from the glass before responding.
"No; I find this marvelous. I had been excited when I heard a Groom had come to town; but I haven't seen the individual lately."

"it is my understanding that Madam Groom Carothers left town. It seems this domain was not to her liking. So it seems we are once again required to tend to our own pantries." Conner states. Conner decided to let silence hang for a moment, seeing if Jennifer would pick up the conversation or would sit in akwardness.

"Eh, pity." Jennifer replied; taking another drink. She lowered the glass; not wanting it to substitute for good conversation.
"You said when we first met that you crafted. I admit; I was captured by what you crafted but wasn't bold enough to boast the subject.

Jewelry?"
She proposed; glancing towards his face for a reaction.

"I have been known to craft Jewelry but, dispite what some may tell you, I am a novice. A tinkerer at most. My interests have shifted lately with all my other work and I have been having troubles getting back to my hobby's beyond my books." Conner says with a hint of displeasure in his voice. "It is rather frustrating, but as we are Immortal, I have all the time in the world." Conner says with a sly look on his face.

"I was just telling Ricardo that the other night," Jennifer smiled. "Some nights you just have to let yourself do what you enjoy. " She gives a self depreciating laugh.

"Of course; I'm one to talk. I think I've looked at one botany book while I was waiting to meet Herald Villiers."

"Ricardo... hmmm... interesting..."
Conner thought to himself wondering just how familiar the two Tigres were with each other. "Madam Donovan would say the same thing." Conner said with a nod of agreement. "How are things going with the Tigres and the Protectorate?" Conner asked not wanting to talk to much about business but it was a good way to gather information about other things.

"Los Tigres is doing well;" She replied with a nod. "- we're working on becoming more organized. "

"How is Madame Donovan?" Jennifer inquired; a genuine look of interest on her face. "I was very intrigued by her idea at the last meeting; about forming a Guild. Inspirational."

"Madam Donovan is doing well. She was wise to bring up the formation of a guild. I can think of no one better to assist others in the ways of proper etiquiet." Conner stated as he leaned forward. "How is your studies going? Notory is a large responsibility for one so new to the First Estate."

Jennifer agreed with the Reeve.
"Nor can I. I look forward to its formation and would be pleased to be one of its' students."

"That is is," Jennifer inclined her head. She recalled her earlier hesitation during the meeting on whether she was ready for the position. Now that she had studied her earlier experiences; she was much more confident.

"I've obtained the journal of Oaths I had witnessed and received training for. I've been devoting my time to thinking what the First Estate of Sacramento needs; and how I could facilitate that."

"Good, very good. If you decide to accept my offer your expertise with oaths will be greatly appreciated and utilized."
Conner says with a nod of his head. "So, I think that is enough business talk. What would you like to do now?" Conner asked Jennifer looking into her eyes.

"I'd be pleased to accept," Jennifer replied, having made her decision. "There was mention of a walk around the area's more beautiful parks." She replied with a bright smile.

'Very well." Conner says and stands, making his way around the table and offering his arm to the Lady Haunt. Cheyenne appears and is ready to drive them whereever they wish to go. "Shall we?" Conner says.

Jennifer rose and accepted his arm; feeling very pleased that the business discussion seemed to be over.
"We shall," She replied with a smile.