Watch
171 - 180
DISPLAYED
THREADID

Bridge Bopping

Page 18 of 20 First ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Last
    R
    Ryan Deshane

"Try something else, Try sweet talking it, give it access to your smithy. A fire spirit, working in your fire would be helpful. Don't try to strong arm a violence spirit brother. As much as I love ass kicking, it don't seem like its gonna work." Digger recommended.

Dale Hunt

PRE

As he heard his Alpha's voice in his head, Dale considered what the Cahalith was suggesting. Clearly, this arson spirit wouldn't cooperate with them unless they offered it something it wanted in return. An ass whooping was probably not at the top of his "I want that" list, so the Rahu tried to recall the little he knew about spirits and negotiating with them. After a few moments, his lupine eyes widened slightly as something came to him. Guys, I've got an idea, he said to the rest of the pack over the telepathic link.

Taking a couple of steps towards the circle, Dale met the spirit's gaze once more. <<Ok. We both want something,>> he barked out in the First Tongue. <<We need your help in dealing with this situation of ours, and you want something in return for the favor.>> The Rahu paused for a moment, studying the spirit with his predatory eyes. <<We can just stay here and go back and forth for who knows how long, but both you and I know that you don't want to be here anymore than I do. So I've got a little proposal for you.>>

Dale took a brief pause, letting his words sink in before continuing. <<I've got a few friends that wouldn't mind getting their hands a little dirty, cause a fire or two in the area,>> he said, baring his teeth in what looked like an odd wolfish grin, a gesture that was at best slightly unsettling. <<I'm sure you would have quite the feast if that sort of thing were to happen.>>

1 suxx to "I've got an idea!" and 3 suxx to negotiating
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-12-20 12:00:29 Dale Hunt rolls 9 to Presence+Persuasion+PG (10 Again, WillPower) 5, 8, 1, 10, 2, 10, 2, 3, 6, 3, 7 3 successes
    2012-12-20 11:45:26 Dale Hunt rolls 4 to Int+Occult (10 Again) 2, 7, 5, 9 1 success

-1 WP

Skaald scowls but bows his head at Digger's words. He responds in thought to his alpha's gentle rebuke. You are right, of course. I lost my temper and shouldn't have. If you're ok with the Sarge's proposal I'll let him try first. If that isn't enough I'll throw in the forge as a sweetener. I don't know if I want a spirit born of destructive fire in my forge where creation is preferred.

Skaald simply stands aside and allows his packmate to speak. He'd already soured the pot a little with this spirit and perhaps it would be better and wiser to let others try. They were, after all, a pack and a pack worked together in all things.

K
    Kazakin

The arson spirit stares at Dale, clearly preparing itself for another sneering back and forth. For a moment, there seems to be a flicker of surprise at the offer, and then it gives the Uratha a quick once over and grunts.

<<Not all as stupid as you pretend, then.>>

It says bluntly, exhaling a puff of gasoline. There's obvious temptation radiating from it.

<<Do you know who's building that is?>>

Now I'm paying attention
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-12-20 13:27:30 Arson Spirit rolls 9 to That's more like it? (10 Again) 3, 5, 7, 2, 3, 9, 3, 8, 4 2 successes

John Holt
    John "Chaplain" Holt
    Ithaeur, Blood Talons

Presence 3 (Devout)
    Glory 3, Wisdom 3, Purity 2, Honour 2, Cunning 1
    Trained Observer
    Auspice Blessing (Occult)
    Status (Police) 1
    Status (Clerical Standing) 2
    Dalu

Size: 6
    Health: 9
    Gauru

Size: 7
    Health: 11
    Urshul

Size: 6
    Health: 8

PRE

Chaplain continues to listen in silence, watching the 'negotiations' go back and forth between spirit and pack until something Dale said seemed to catch the spirit's attention.

<<We do not, why don't you inform us?>> the Ithaeur asked.

Dale Hunt

PRE

At the question, Dale shook his lupine head. <<Its currently inhabited by a swarm that calls itself Black Friday,>> he barked out in response to the spirit's question. <<They were serving a foul spirit that claimed to be the child of a Maeljin.>> The intensity in the Rahu's eyes grew as he said those last words. He remained silent for a moment, allowing the full weight of his words to sink in. <<That is all we know about the building. Do you happen to know more?>> he asked, hoping that the spirit would being to cooperate with them now that he had been offered something in return.

K
    Kazakin

<<That building is the property of Greed,>> the Arson spirit replies. It spits on the ground, with a faint sizzle. <<That is why I alone answered your call.>>

Skaald's ears perk up at that statement. <<You alone answered. That would indicate that the others are afraid of this place, and you are not. I wonder why that is. Does that mean you are unwilling to consume it for us? I would be willing to offer you some time at my forge-hearth in exchange for your services here. Either a number of days given over to simply using it to burn fires that consume or allow you to fuel the fires as I work, so long as it does not degrade the quality of the work I do those days.>>

K
    Kazakin

<<I was born in a fire set in rage at the Greed of a building's owner. Because of that Greed, eight people died when the suppression system did not activate. I answered you, Crusader, when no one else would, because I am the only Spirit of Arson in this city who would dare, and even then I dare because I must. You cannot protect me if I destroy that building for you,>> the Arson Spirit says, and the scent of Gasoline intensifies around them.

<<I am Righteous Vengeance of Pyres. I am bound to burn out Greed. I had hoped I might burn for a pack more... understanding of the Shadow of their territory.>> The Arson Spirit adds, before patting the gas can almost fondly. <<But you will have to do. I will not get this chance again.>>

R
    Ryan Deshane

"Wooh wooh wooh..." Digger says stepping forward. <<"Look at me Spirit. I am the Alpha of the Crusaders. Do you even know us? Do you know what we do? What our mission is?">> Digger asked. <<"The Crusaders are young, we don't deny, but our mission is just. You want to go against greed. So do we. The greediest of all of them. The Anshega. You wanna work to remove the threat, and remove the taint of Greed, lets work together.">>

Page 18 of 20 First ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Last

Members who have read this thread : 2

You do not have permission to view the list of names.