Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Werewolf: The Forsaken on the Wiki
Ended
Watch
161 - 170
DISPLAYED
THREADID

Bridge Bopping

Page 17 of 20 First ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Last

Skaald scowls at the insult, and uses the expression to help hide a small smile. Things were going well already.

He glances behind him to where the spirit mall stands with the horrible little greed swarm zipping about mindlessly inside. He jabs a thumb back at the mall.

<<You can have that in exchange. Answer the questions and we'll let you consume as much of that spirit as you want.>>

Dale Hunt

PRE

Dale nodded at his Alpha's orders, turning to Skaald and giving him a nod as well. After all, spirits didn't exactly fall under the Rahu's area of expertise. He watched as the Ritemaster did his thing, keeping a vigilant eye on their surroundings in the meantime. When the fiery spirit finally manifested itself, Dale focused his attention on it, his predatory eyes watching the spirit with careful attention.

At the insult, the Rahu let out a low growl, baring its sharp teeth at the fiery manifestation. He didn't really enjoy some punk ass spirit calling him and his pack brutes, but Dale knew that they needed the spirit's cooperation in order to achieve their goal. <<Watch it!>> he barked out, his lupine eyes fixated on their "guest," a feral intensity evident in them.

3 suxx to strike some fear into the spirit
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-12-17 23:06:31 Dale Hunt rolls 8 to Presence+Intimidation+Spec+PG to stare down the arson spirit (10 Again) 2, 3, 2, 5, 10, 8, 10, 6, 2, 7 3 successes

John Holt
    John "Chaplain" Holt
    Ithaeur, Blood Talons

Presence 3 (Devout)
    Glory 3, Wisdom 3, Purity 2, Honour 2, Cunning 1
    Trained Observer
    Auspice Blessing (Occult)
    Status (Police) 1
    Status (Clerical Standing) 2
    Dalu

Size: 6
    Health: 9
    Gauru

Size: 7
    Health: 11
    Urshul

Size: 6
    Health: 8

PRE

Chaplain growled at the spirit at its sleight, and tried to gain some kind of information from the Lunes about this particular spirit but they were unbecoming.

Perhaps that was answer enough.

Read Spirit
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-12-18 06:31:47 John Holt rolls 7 to Intelligence + Occult + Cunning (10 Again) 6, 6, 7, 2, 2, 5, 3 failure

K
    Kazakin

Sorry Dale, no dice
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-12-18 19:32:47 Mysterious Arson Spirit rolls 12 to Is Dale Scary? (10 Again) 4, 3, 9, 2, 9, 5, 7, 5, 5, 9, 6, 6 3 successes

The blank eyeholes meet Dale's gaze, and the spirit chuckles.

<<Prove you're not a mindless brute by trying to bully me into submission? I'm sure that will help.>>

The reek of gasoline intensifies, as it glances at Skaald. It raises one gloved hand to its mouthhole, as if mimicking a yawn, though it clearly has no lips.

<<I have absolutely no interest in burning down that building. Offer me something worthwhile. Your pack's word is worthless here.>>

R
    Ryan Deshane

Digger's head nearly twisted off his fucking shoulder as it spun to look at the spirit who shit talked his pack. He was () <- that close to walking over there and blasting that fucking thing in the god damn face. But he stopped, he held back, it would be disrespectful to his brother to step on his toes. Every member of the Crue had there thing, there nich. The boys wouldn't tell him how to build his bikes, he wouldn't tell them how to do there thing.

Then again, that spirit better watch its fucking mouth.

Skaald scowls at the spirit but doesn't speak for a couple moments, folding his lage Dalu-arms across his chest instead. Let the spirit think he's considering or pissed or something, it doesn't matter to Skaald, and both are true in any case. He takes the time to speak to his pack via mental link. It's baiting us. Trying to piss us off so we'll do something stupid like break the circle. It's trapped until something else breaks the circle, it answers our questions to the best of its ability, or until I release it. I figure some of the asshats across the river have a thing for fire, so this thing's either spoken with them directly or has heard things through whatever passes for the grapevine in fire land.

As he's thinking Skaald let's his expression darken and he takes a step closer, though he is careful not to break the circle. <<Listen, Mac, I know you think you're all big and important cause I asked you here and cause I was polite. But every single last one of us has the marks of Honor upon us and I damn well know you can see that and know what it means. Don't you dare question our word again.>> Skaald let's real anger enter his voice.

<<We aren't just some cubs looking for kicks here. I brought you here cause I thought we could help each other. You answer a few questions for us, and we let you finish off that spirit over there for lunch. Sure, we didn't serve it up on a fucking silver platter for you, but by Hati's singed hide are you a fire spirit aren't you? Play nice with us and we play nice with you tonight. It's our territory and we're giving you permission to burn the thing down.>> Skaald pauses for only a beat before letting casual irony slip into his voice.

<<Of course, I could be wrong, but I heard that arson rates are dropping in good old Sac-town. With the fire department on it's toes too I figure that competition between you and your buddies is heating up.>> Skaald barely manages to hide a smirk at his own pun. <<I'm guessing that a big fat meal like this doesn't come around as often as you'd like. That turning this down means you give up a chance to outshine your friends and that being stuck here until some other spirit or Uratha comes by and decides to free you out of the kindness of their heart,>> the irony is thick in his voice, <<isn't exactly something that'd be good for your longevity.>>

Skaald glances back at his pack and then at the spirit. <<And before you start thinking you can get one of us to accidentally free you and slip out that way take a good, hard look at the Lunar brands around you. Sure, I don't have quite the respect and recognition of my packmates here, but I know the strength of the call I sent out. Each and every one of them is your superior. And every single one of us has tasted Glory first and foremost. You don't stand a chance. Even if it comes to a fight, there isn't a single one of us here that would balk at wresting with fire. And don't forget your standing on the banks of an ancient river.

I offered you honor when I gave fire and blood as chiminage in my call. I offered you respect in our dealings when I didn't simply demand answers for freedom. Now I'm telling you to give a little in return or we'll just leave you hear. Or maybe I let Dale and Digger have first shot at extinguishing you.>>

Skaald let that sink in for a moment. Sure, it wasn't the most diplomatic thing in the worlds, but he wasn't an Elodoth. He'd tried being nice and as far as he was concerned he'd done his best to uphold the Oath in his dealings. He wasn't going to let some berk take advantage of him or his pack, nor was he about to stand there and listen to some arson spirit question their Honor.

I figure this is going to be an intimidation roll of some sort, but I didn't know if I should use Presence or Manipulation. Also, I wasn't sure if you'd let the others roll assist as I reference them or if they want to chip in their own threats/two-cents

K
    Kazakin

That would require you to have spoken in First Tongue before. I assume that's what you intended, but you did just post in English.

A straight up threat like that is Presence + Intimidation -1, since it's already resisted an intimidate check from the pack. There's no teamworking involved here, sorry!

Man, I'm just batting 1000 over here....yeah, that was supposed to be First Tongue. /facepalm

Skaald wasn't exactly use to threatening people. Sure, he was in imposing person and his attitude and beard(s) were very much in your face, but that was pretty much all he had going for him. That and he wasn't exactly bluffing. He wanted this to end well for everyone, of course, but he also wasn't above just ditching the spirit here if it wouldn't play ball.

only 1 suxx, which is doing well for Skaald.....
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-12-19 14:07:48 Skaald rolls 2 to Presence + Intimidation [untrained] - 1 [second attempt] (10 Again) 9, 6 1 success

K
    Kazakin

The Arson spirit stares at Skaald. Then it shrugs.

<<Pretty speech. But you didn't offer me anything you own. That building is not yours and there are other things at work in the Shadow than your pack's mad crusade. That has nothing to do with me, and I will not burn down a building for you unless you offer me something worthwhile to do it. It's called 'negotiation'. Or you can discorporate me, but I'll be back. And free of your precious circle.>>

It gives a chuckle, which sounds like dry kindling cracking.

<<Of course, if those shiny brands were anything other than marks of Pure-killing, you'd have allies who were willing to put their neck out for you over here. But you don't. Because you never bothered to try, because all you care about is violence. There is no Spirit in your territory with the power to burn down that building for you, who would want the stain of you on them.>>

<<So get on with it. I have appointments with a Pyro-maniac otherwise.>>

Sorry Skaald, not impressed. Guess it hates beards
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-12-19 14:58:30 Arson Spirit rolls 12 to Resisting (10 Again) 5, 10, 7, 2, 9, 4, 5, 1, 9, 2, 7, 8, 6 4 successes

Dale Hunt

PRE

Dale let out a vicious snarl at the spirit's words, for such was the Rahu's nature. The fact that this douchebag spirit kept insulting his pack did not sit well with him at all. All of his muscles tensed up at once, and the only thing that was keeping him from pouncing on the insolent spirit at that moment, was the fact that his pack needed its help. Still, he didn't want anything else but to send the son of a bitch back where it came from.

Can't you just dedicate a fire extinguisher and teach this asshole a lesson? he said over the mental link, clearly not amused by how things were going. This is exactly why I don't do spirits. The feral intensity in his eyes did not diminish one bit, as he continued to stare at their guest prisoner.

Page 17 of 20 First ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Last

Members who have read this thread : 2

You do not have permission to view the list of names.