Ended
Watch

Night at the bar

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
    T
    Theseeker

It was a common Friday night at the Flame Club, John was there playing his Harmonica.
    It was one of the feel things that were truly good on his life, when he played, he forgot the world around him, he forgot his condition as a changeling, his durance and all the bad deeds he had done during his life.
    As he played Need my baby, the world seemed to change around him and he was immersed in the song.

2 success on playing the Harmonica
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-09-14 15:39:38 John Ambrose rolls 6 to Playing the Harmonica (10 Again) 7, 8, 4, 7, 5, 8 2 successes

After other three musics, it was over, people applauded. He went back to the table and ordered a coke, the boredom hitting him hard, when not playing the Silence would sit upon him, sometimes it helped him concentrate, others it would just let him sad . The smell of smoke wasn't that good either, but anyway, it's his job and is really better than nothing, thirty minutes later he would play again. Please God send someone interesting, even if he wants just to complain, it's better than nothing, if he could he would play for hours until he couldn't do it anymore. "umh, sir, here's your coke" said the waitress, probably not for the first time. The moonborn took it and filled his cup. He then took a small lemon from his pocket, cut so it looked like and eye, he put it inside his drink and waited, leaving the cup untouched.
    Attached Images

In walks Heath Moore, in his usual barhopping attire. If there was a bar in Sacramento this was the guy who would probably show up at it. He hadn't been to the Flame Club before but it sounded hot. Of course he had to be careful, having walked in The Badlands before had resulted in a bit of a surprise. As he gazed at the 1970s vintage wood paneled interior, he realized this was just another downtown dive. Since he was already tipsy he figured he might as well sample the booze before moving on.

Sitting down at the bar Heath flagged down the bartender, "Apple Martini please," he said with a wide grin. To the other Lost, the Fairest's brown hair came out like sprouts that dangled about his head, his face hard and set like a polished wood mask with eyes that glowed with a faint green light. But it was the Fairest who first noticed the man sitting in the corner playing his Harmonica. The Mien was distinctly Lost, the pale skin, much like his own, and white hair was a dead giveaway.

Once the Minstrel got his drink he strode over, standing at a polite distance and waited for the Moonborn to finish his song. "Oh, that was lovely, hey, you've got a real talent there. Why play the blues though? You gotta make it more upbeat to make it a party," said Heath, snapping his fingers energetically and with his ever-present smile.

T
    Theseeker

John was startled by the man sudden arrival and almost reached for his "lute case", that indeed contained a lute but also held his rapier in a secret pocket. But he saw that the man was no threat and was also a Lost, his appearance couldn't be of a human, and nobody there seemed scared. Politely he replied to the man "You know, it sometimes fit me, what would you prefer to hear then? Some country music? . John started to smile, God heard him, someone interesting came, maybe he could show him around the freehold.

I
    Irina

Anya had never been to this particular bar before, but that did not stop the Fairest from entering the busy establishment as though she were a regular. The Draconic was remarkably good at adapting to new environments by now, and after being in a few hair-raising battles, walking into an unfamiliar bar held no concerns.

She gave the place a cursory scan, and her attention rose briefly to the articulately carved ceiling above everyones heads. It was a nice touch, and gave it a touch of class not often seen in your average bar.

Recognising the Minstrel, a little ways past the the other patrons, the Draconic weaved her way through them and sidled up to the bar.

"Who's your friend?" she questioned Heath casually, as she raised a hand to flag the nearest available bartender.

"Country can get pretty upbeat, sure!" says Heath excitedly. The man even took requests, he must have been a performer when he wasn't hanging out at dives. "Maybe some Steven Tyler, I remember he could really wail on the harmonica."

When the Draconic slid up behind him, Heath's hair stiffened for a moment as if emulating his surprise. He turned, his smile set on his face as he greeted the Freehold's finest Summer Iron Adjutant. "Hey Miss Wrymblood. Just admiring the work of this fine musician. Haven't really introduced myself yet." He looked back to the Moonborn once more. "Hi, Heath Moore is the name, jokes are my game. Though that's not a joke, just a fact," he offers his free hand to the man to shake. "And this lovely lady," gesturing Heath with his drink hand towards Anya, "Is the lovely and eloquent Miss Wyrmblood."

T
    Theseeker

John, shook the man's hand and smiled to the beautiful woman that approached them. "Pleased to meet you both, I'm John Fiul Lui Ambrose, a somewhat good harmonica and Lute player, I'm new to the freehold and don't know many people yet.", interesting, more people are coming, I play something and then I think I might ask them some stuff I need to know.
    Ambrose shuffled on his mind and found a music he knew by Steven Tyler. When he remembered he started to concentrate, the music would be an instrumental version of (It) Feels So Good, he took his Harmonica positioning it as if to kiss. Then he started to play, the music filing his ears and his mind, his vision and every part of his body, taking him out of this world, every note a new world to explore.
    When he finished, he took a sip of his coke and took the lemon eye out. He wouldn't be needing "his friend" this night.

I
    Irina

Her head cocked curiously to one side, and she leveled a long and measured gaze at the newcomer to the Freehold. Carefully, on account of the sharp - manicured? - bronze talons, the Draconic extended a hand toward the man.

"I think this bar is called the Flame Club. I'm not familiar with the other name," the Draconic answered, her voice normal enough. Her unwavering eyes held his quite pointedly for a few seconds too long, in a wordless but pointed warning on his use of the term Freehold.

In a crowded place like this, it was unlikely that anyone would either think twice or care about the Lost term being vocalised; but there were reasons to take care nonetheless.

"A pleasure to meet you, Mr. Ambrose," she greeted carefully. "I don't think I've ever heard a Lute played before; but it's nice to hear a bit of variety occasionally."

T
    Theseeker

" Indeed it's a name only the people who sing here use, because the freedom we feel here", it was impossible for anyone to hear or care about whatever they talked, people would probably think they were drunk. He would be more careful if they so wished.
    "So Miss Wyyrblood where do you work? Do you know any place on the good part of the town that a musician like me could work?" he asked, using codes to talk was no problem for him. The heat of the Draconic was starting to get unbearable, she clearly was a summer courtier, but her mantle was something abnormal, he couldn't understand how she lived with winter courtiers. "I'm also a very good gardener, if anyone could help me with a particularly big garden I would indeed appreciate, it's full of thorns and difficult to cut" he took another sip of his coke and took his lemon friend out again, he then pierced it with a toothpick and dropped it on his glass.

Heath began picking up on the implied tones between the two. He'd made his own slips before when first arriving to the Freehold so didn't hold anything against the man's error. Lucky Anya was here to clear things up, she had a way of cutting to the chase. He had never discovered if that was followed up by a literal version should the subject fail to learn their lesson.

Adding to the topic on hand he said, "I know a good musician in town. He even owns his own workshop, makes various stringed instruments. It's pretty well known and he even did a performance at the comedy club a few weeks back. Who knows, he might need another hand, though probably at crafting rather than playing. But maybe he'd be interested in forming a band. Tobias Thorne is who I mean. Good guy."

A
    Ambrose

OOC

Lou pushes open the door with his shoulder, dragging the guitar and his bag into the room behind him. "Sorry about the extra baggage folks, I hope it don't bother anyone too much!" Looking up, Lou noticed the unusual features of several of the individuals in the bar. Shit Lou, don't make a scene, you've stumbled upon the fellas you needed to find, now its time to shake hands and fit in. Composing himself, and smiling at the faces in front of him, Lou attempted to break the ice. "Thats some lovely harp playing you've got going there son." Sitting down at a stool by the bar, he ordered a whiskey and ice and turned to listen to the music.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.