Driving past a gas station, Roxie's beast reacts to that of another, as strong as her own. What's more, it's one she recognizes. She sees a vampire who was Embraced near middle age, with weathered-loooking skin and a muscular build. He has brown hair, cut into a short buzz cut, and a nose that has been broken many times. He's wearing black jeans, a black t-shirt and cowboy boots. She hasn't seen this guy in years, but she recognizes him. Lorne Casaday. A smuggler, Ventrue, Invictus-affiliated. Not a bad guy. Honorable as any of their kind. Good rep for solid work.

Oh fuck me sideways with a Smith & Wesson , Roxie swears to herself. Figuring that he either felt her himself or is going to soon anyways she pulls in infront of him and checks her guns, still there, loaded and invisible. She gets out and keeps the car in between them. She also keeps her eyes away from his. Roxie trusts nobody that can fuck with her head. "Hiya Lorne"

He looks up, and she sees him tense for a moment then he squints, looks at her - mostly at her eyes - and smiles just a bit. "Roxie. Long time no see. Passing through, or you based in Sacramento now?"

"That might have been the plan. And I'm trying to start over. You?"

"I'm here on business, had to make a stop on the way to Vegas. Helping someone out with something, in exchange for them helping me out with something."

"Making a profit? Cause if you aren't than it's a mug's game."

"Some, but more a matter of making big points with some of the big players on my team. Say, I don't suppose you'd be willing to give me a hand with these things? You do me a favor, I do you one?"

"Depends. I'm trying to get in with the local landlords here, but the pickings are pretty slim these nights. Closed doors and all. You think this might be able to help me on my way?"

"Well, the person I'm working with on this is Invictus. And like I said, I'm doing this job in part to win the favor of some of the big Invictus guys down LA way. I tell them you helped me, that's got to look good for you. And the local ones, well, they'll see what you do first-hand."

Well, that was probably a good in, depending on... "What kind of 'things' do you need a hand with?"

"One of them found herself in some trouble, I'm helping another bail her out."

"What kind of trouble? We can't go hurting the cops here, Domain rules."

"The part here.... a rogue vampire, apparently. Out in the sticks somewhere." He smiles and adds "Rumor has it, it will likely get a little rough."

Roxie snorts.

"My trip to Vegas... well, that one is really likely to get rough. I'm taking cargo to one party. Another party wants the cargo. The other party is the Crones. Much bad mojo will likely ensue. Guns will likely be involved. Explosions, too, maybe." He flashes her a fangy smile. "Sound fun?"

Roxie shakes her head. "I've got some irons in the metaphorical," a word of the day calendar word "Fires here. It would have to be pretty good to pull me away..." she trails off at the end.

"How good would be good enough?"

Roxie rests one elbow on the roof of her Firebird while she ponders what she can get out of Lorne.

"Tell you what... you know I'm good for it."

"That's true..." She says this like she doesn't like it.

"Whatever the hassle level ends up being, I survive it and the delivery happens, I will make sure it's square."

"Alright, I have things tied down pretty tight on this end, anyway. I can leave it for a few nights."

"This one should be one night there, assuming all goes reasonably well, another back. It doesn't go well... " he shrugs. "We work together, with this other one or whatever help she drums up, it should go well. I've got three of my crew around." Roxie knows his "crew" tends to be ghoul bad-asses, tough enough to hold their own against a lot of vamps.

"Sounds like good backup to me." She needed to leave her guys here to handle things while she was gone

'So, you in?"

"Sure. We can go over the details later on, over drinks." Roxie wonders if Lorne's got any tattoos under those jeans. "So who you introducing me to tonight?"

"Maybe you know her. Sabri Nidra. Haunt, really unfortunate looks, even for a haunt, but her Sire's impeccable."

"Like I said, I haven't met many here. Some yahoo in charge of the Church, two Seneschals since they tend to die off all over the place here. And some quiet lady. Also a sociopath."

"Well, let's go intro you to Madam Nidra, then, and we can get rolling. Take care of this crap out in the sticks. Maybe shoot holes in some stuff."

"Cool." She knows about the one heart/snake one on his butt, but she always like men that were marked up. Roxie smiled.

Things were looking up