Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
41 - 50
DISPLAYED
Midnight Mansion

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 5 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

Realizing that what he was planning to do wouldn't quite work, Aenigma figured he should focus his efforts elsewhere. After all, the first circle was only meant to protect the place from spirits and the restless dead, and it hadn't prevented them from entering. He turned back and walked back over towards Miach, who seemed to be having some trouble at the moment. "The whole fence is coated in salt, so its unlikely I'll manage to break that circle," he said to the Acanthus, giving him a slight shrug. "However, I don't think we have much to worry about since its supposed to ward the place against ghosts and spirits."

After a moment's pause, the Warlock looked at the hedge circle and frowned slightly. "We should focus on this circle instead," he said as he studied the hedge a little closer. Making use of his Supernal Vision, Aenigma began to scrutinize the vegetation around the mansion.

5 suxx on 3 rolls
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-10-17 08:25:54 [03] Aenigma rolls 8 to Int+Occult+1 (Supernal Vision)-1 (eerie silence) to scrutinize the shrubbery! (10 Again) 1, 9, 3, 7, 7, 1, 5, 7 1 success
    2012-10-17 08:25:54 [02] Aenigma rolls 8 to Int+Occult+1 (Supernal Vision)-1 (eerie silence) to scrutinize the shrubbery! (10 Again) 5, 3, 1, 6, 3, 9, 6, 4 1 success
    2012-10-17 08:25:54 [01] Aenigma rolls 8 to Int+Occult+1 (Supernal Vision)-1 (eerie silence) to scrutinize the shrubbery! (10 Again) 6, 10, 2, 2, 7, 6, 7, 10, 9, 1 3 successes

Looking for the composition of whatever magical effect is on it (i.e. what Arcana are being used), any remaining successes can go into looking for the Potency of the effect.

Aenigma
    "My father says that almost the whole world is asleep.
    Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to.
    He says that only a few people are awake,
    and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Miach

PRE

Aenigma offered his explanation while Miach was taking a short break from his shovelling. If there was nothing to be done about it, then that was it. Hopefully the uneasiness came from something else. I hope you're right. And yet this creepy feeling started when we climbed over the fence... The Acanthus had no idea if that was possible, but he wouldn't be surprised to learn that the first ward was not only a protection against ghosts and spirits, but also an hindrance to other, more physical intruders.

Anyway, we now have this hedge to contend with... his whisper trailed off as he waited for the Warlock's examination to be over. Any clue would help.

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

Aenigma nodded. "It is true, that strange feeling is tied to the fence," he said in response to Miach's words. "However, I doubt we'll be able to stop it unless we managed to break the iron fence itself." At that moment, he really missed not having his Cabal mate around. His knowledge of Matter would've certainly come helpful in their current situation.

"The only other options is for me to try to dispel these warding effects," said the Warlock as he pondered the idea. "I'm not exactly sure if it would work, and it may take longer than the time we actually have to accomplish this task." A slight frown formed on his brow, as it was clear that he was a little frustrated by these obstacles.

I should have Toren teach me a thing or two. We wouldn't be here if I could just bring the books to us instead...

Miach

PRE

Miach knew his knowledge of decay and entropy could perhaps allow him to weaken the fence, but it was still haphazard at best, and those were not the best of circumstances. What's more, the Acanthus was extremely reluctant to reveal those abilities, and chose to gloss over this risky option for the time being. Alas, it seemed Aenigma had no satisfying option available either.

Then let's drop the matter. The longer we stay here, the more likely it is we'll get spotted. Let's focus on the hedge instead, no ?

Even though they tried to be inconspicuous while crouched behind the hedge, the blonde mystagogue felt exposed, and vulnerable. The sooner this would be over, the better he would feel.

Please roll a [DEX + Stealth + 2 (Darkness)] and remember the -1 penalty

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

Aenigma nodded at his words. "Yeah, let's do that," he said to the Acanthus, inspecting their surroundings while trying to keep a low profile.

3 suxx Stealth, 5 suxx Perception
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-10-22 23:39:44 Aenigma rolls 7 to Perception+3 (AtM) -2 penalty (10 Again) 10, 8, 6, 10, 4, 8, 8, 2, 6 5 successes
    2012-10-22 23:38:29 Aenigma rolls 5 to Dex+Stealth+2 (darkness) -1 (eerie silence) (9 Again) 4, 10, 6, 10, 7, 9, 7, 3 3 successes

Used up 1 Exceptional Luck, leaving me with 3 more

Miach

PRE

Miach nodded to his fellow mystagogue, and tried to keep as low as possible while looking for a weaker point in the hedge.

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-10-23 16:35:40 Miach rolls 6 to Dex 3 + Stealth 2 + Darkness 2 - Silence 1 (9 Again) 5, 9, 7, 3, 3, 2, 1 1 success
    Used up 1 Exceptional Luck too, leaving Miach with 2 more

The feeling that someone is looking for you seems to pass over head as the Incognito Presence dissolves. A little further around there is a break in the hedge about a foot and a half wide, and further along you see the sidewalk and drive way that cut right through it.

Aenigma

Aenigma
    Aenigma

PRE

Aenigma frowned slightly as he noticed the statues within the hedge circle, realizing that they had some connection the magics at work. He leaned in closer to Miach so he could whisper to the Acanthus. "There are some statues behind the hedge," he said to him, careful not to speak too loudly. "They are connected to the fence and the hedge itself. I think it is safe to assume that they may be directly connected to the warding effects of both." After saying those words, the Warlock took a quick look around from his vantage point, hoping he could spot something that he could throw at the statues if needed.

The question remains...how do we disable them from here?

1 suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-10-29 16:30:05 Aenigma rolls 5 to Wits+Investigation-2 (darkness & eerie silence) to look for something that can be thrown at the statues (10 Again) 5, 3, 1, 4, 10, 7 1 success

Page 5 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.