Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
(1209) AFD: Animus, Avalon and Gallows

Avalon grinned at the former Hierarch. “I believe it is all in the presentation.” She ran a thumb over one of the small carvings in her staff, her expression growing slightly wistful.

“That would depend on the events the Arrow has planned for the populace wouldn’t it?” She asked, raising a single eyebrow and moving the face paint she was wearing currently, as she looked at the dark skinned Ladder.

Out of the corner of her eye she noticed the large man walk away to a group of others. “Actually, if either of you would like to help me with introductions?” She purposefully left the question open, it was enough that she had yet to learn their names.
    "My father says that almost the whole world is asleep.
    Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to.
    He says that only a few people are awake,
    and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

PRE

Gallows smiled. "I'd be glad to make some introductions, ma'am. I'm Gallows, if I didn't say so before. Moros, and former Lictor of the Silver Ladder." He extended his hand to shake hers.

Looking around the Consilium, he shook his head. "I can introduce you to most people, I think, but there's quite a few new faces here too. Looks like we'll both be learning some new names." He turned back to look at Avalon. "And yeah, I have no idea what events are happening either. I assume there will be lots of running or fighting and sweating involved."

“Pleasure to meet you Gallows. It would be appreciated.” she reached out and shook his hand firmly, calluses on her hands indicating their obvious use. “Acanthus if you were wondering.” She looked around the circle for a moment.

“I think it’s a replica of Westminster Abbey, of course Westminster never had a track running around the arcade.” She had a far away thought before she patted at her side, “And isn’t it always running and fighting and sweating with the Arrow? It’s almost as regular as long boring conferences with the Ladder, no offense.”

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Animus wrinkles his nose at the nimbus flare, distracted for a moment by the display.

Finally he turns back to Avalon. "There's something to be said for running and fighting. You're usually at least sure of what your goal is. I spent too long tying myself up in knots trying to do more than that." A heavy sigh, as he fights back memories, before realizing that she'd asked a question.

"Animus. Thyrsus of the Arrow." He reaches out his hand in an offered handshake.

5. Likes linkrulesx10 liked this post

PRE

"Long and boring conferences?" Gallows held a hand to his heart in mock injury. "Ma'am, you know us too well." He grinned at the gathered people in the circle. "It looks like there's a much bigger audience for running and sweating than conferences. Who knew?"

He turned to Animus. "Looking forward to getting into the thick of things again? It should be a pleasant change for you."

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Thyrsus nods. "A throne is a warrior's prison. I don't think I truly knew what that meant, before ..." he shakes his head sadly. "I don't care what the battle is; I need to be on the front lines, not trying to direct from afar."

No leader is forced to lead from the rear.” The hierarch said quietly, “Many lead from the front as a way of example. We are not people born of fear, but those born of power and rite. It is part of our gift to lead, and leading cannot happen if one does it from a place of hiding.

Avalon grins, “But then we all have our habits.

PRE

Gallows had little to add to the two Heirarchs' discussions of leadership. That was one burden he had yet to bear, the best he could do was nod.

"I've got a few habits I've been meaning to break myself," admitted Gallows, "Mostly being better about pursuing my own studies. I've found coming to Sacramento to be very helpful in that regard, though." He stretched, pulling one arm across the other to get ready for whatever it was they were doing. "Still, there's always time for a bit of fun. Assuming whatever we're doing here will be fun."

Closed Thread