Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
(1209) Sidor, Josephine and Dillon

S
    Sidor Grigoriev

Sidor, as always, was utterly motionless and inscrutable as Josephine approached him. When the Doctor glanced up, he made a stark, almost welcoming gesture to his Deacon. Beneath the shadows, he considered that watching the Court break into peaceful conversations was rather soothing.

Well, peaceful for a group of bloodthirsty, stone cold corpses, that happened to be unfortunate enough to be Damned to walk the earth.

Limbs were not currently being propelled through the air, and it appeared that for at least ten seconds, he would not have to inform someone that they were disrupting the peace, or otherwise being intensely stupid.

The Haunt was starting to wonder if manners were actually taught to some individuals in life, or if they came to them later with a bizarre and confounded expression, wondering why others would object to being hit by flying bits of other people's meal.

"Good evening Paladin Powell. Deputy Connery. How pleasant to see you both. I trust it finds you well?"

I
    Irina

Almost self-consciously, the Haunt ran a finger across the silken fabric of her black belt, ridding it of the slightest speck of dust. Very dimly, she aware that the action was starting to become something of a tick. After decades of her early Requiem being spent outside of the finer environments that could be had in a Kindred's unlife, it had been easy to slip into the habit of not caring fully for oneself. Looking back on her entrance to Sacramento, it was ghastly to dwell on some moments. The good Doctor had maintained etiquette; her upbringing and Simon's "unique" lessons had instilled it into her long before Invictus decorum had been a blip on her radar.

But frankly, her attire had been horrendous.

And now, somewhere in the back of the Haunt's mind, a needling voice told her that it was not just necessary to be seen; but to be seen not being some sort of embarrassment. Josephine was relatively certain that she was succeeding; but of course it always helped to know Kindred who would point out if a faux pas was being made.

The cursory scan of her attire completed, the Haunt drew her focus back to Sidor. "Quite... well," Josephine replied, in a voice that remained respectfully familiar. "The evening seems... so quite compared to... last time."

And that was not a bad thing at all.

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Bishop of the Lancea et Sanctum
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

Blush of Life active in public
    AotP disabled in Court

PRE

Tightening one cheek into a wry greeting smile, Dillon's words are also respectful, despite the ease at which he says them as he approaches his fellow Sanctified. "Bishop Grigoriev, Paladin Powell.

"Well enough," he adds, ambiguously. "Keeping my eyes open for the next idiot to prove their lack of intelligence."

If he weren't so dry and nonchalant about it, it might have sounded cynical.

A slight shrug of his shoulders later. "But at least I can stay productive while I do that. How goes the Private Investigator and Medical Practices, lately?"

It isn't just idle chit-chat, or curiosity. Both of the Haunt's fields are interesting to him, and he is well aware that they are both highly skilled professionals within them.
    Be polite. Be courteous. Show professionalism. And have a plan to kill everyone in the room.

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)
    Striking •• (Boyish Good looks)

S
    Sidor Grigoriev

"I am sure you will not be disappointed," Sidor replied, his voice perfectly deadpan. Unfortunately, it seemed that some individuals in the Domain these nights were all too willing to be stupid.

Willfully stupid. As if it were preferable to being informed, and putting in the slightest effort.

"Work is remarkably satisfying,"
    the Haunt added. His shrouded eyes swept the Court, marking the position of every individual present. "The sordid intricacies of human depravity never cease to amuse me. They have a habit of thinking they are the first one to ever invent it, and then be rather hurt and disgusted when they are discovered... quite aside from the fact that it does keep one's eye in."

Sidor was also faintly disappointed that so many criminals were unimaginative, but he supposed it was true that necessity was the mother of invention. It was quite one thing to be a criminal with a handgun and a kevlar vest against people who did not seriously wish to shoot someone.

It was quite another to be one with only bare hands and intelligence against men that would quite happily leave an individual bleeding out on the frozen snow, if they were very​ fortunate.

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

AotP disabled in Court

PRE

Dillon makes an affirming sort of groan and lifting of his chin at Sidor's statement on criminals and immorality. "Yeah, besides the fact that there have been undead monsters roaming the night for ages, men have been formulating various ways to be evil to each other for just as long. With that much history, originality is hard to achieve, I suppose."

Glancing over to see a newcomer with Ariana, Conner, and then Max, the Gangrel deputy watches the conversation unfold with a casual eye. Dillon can't hear the words, but he can read the distress on Max's face. Then the bows, and striding away toward Martha and her new monk friend.

"Ah, see?" Dillon provides a little tip of his brow, sliding back to the subject of social stupidity without warning. Given the spectacle, he figures such an alert is probably superfluous. "There we go. You were right. Let's hope that we've now met our quota, and there will be no further disruptions this evening." A pipe dream, maybe, but it can't hurt to be optimistic.

The Herald's security is specifically Dillon's business, so of course he is standing where he can easily watch her conversation with unknown quantities. At least there's a former Reeve with her, now.

But since the Prince is present in open Elysium, Dillon has Asa's conversation with Bianca in his peripheral vision as well.
    Be polite. Be courteous. Show professionalism. And have a plan to kill everyone in the room.

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)

I
    Irina

"It appears to... happen so frequently lately, that... newcomers to the... Domain make a fool of themselves, perhaps we should start... casting lots."

The comment was delivered in a remarkably dry tone of voice, for the Doctor Haunt. But it was difficult not to be mildly aggrieved by the recent influx of idiocy. One or two Kindred behaving in a manner unbefitting an Invictus Court was one thing, but several? Perhaps there was a factory somewhere on the outskirts of Sacramento, churning out undead ignorami. Even without their chosen city being Invictus dominant, recent attitudes of neonates was downright rude on principle.

"The Clinic has... been running smoothly, thank... you," Doctor Powell added, with a soft smile to Deputy Connery. "Although I... now better understand why paperwork is... the bane of so many."

Reluctantly, Josephine has to admit that computers were a useful addition to any office in that regard.

S
    Sidor Grigoriev

"Disappointing, is it not?" Sidor said quietly. "You have to wonder who is teaching them manners these days. I mean, missteps, yes, but the refusal to understand their own wrongdoing..." He shrugged slightly, the movement stark and sudden, like a bird of prey hunching its shoulders before spreading its wings in a stoop.

"I rather think that Mankind's sin is older than we are,"
    he added after a moment. He did not elaborate.

This human monster had become a vampiric man. It was rather hard to say which was worse. When his heart had still been beating, oh, he would have taken pleasure in breaking someone.

Now he did it with solemn, honest piety, denying himself even that.

Good and evil were just words, in many ways. The Almighty's Purpose was made of many things, and they were not all snow white angels.

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

AotP disabled in Court

PRE

Dillon decides that there is no point in opening up Sidor's comment on the age of Man's sin, and the origin of Kindred. While he figures that such a conversation with the Bishop might be profoundly interesting, if not illuminating, there is something about the way he said what he did. The absolute lack of any further explanation makes Dillon wonder if it was just meant to be rhetorical, or if he'd touched something personal. So, for now, he opts to return to the subject of idiot neonates.

"One thing that I find very close to a pet-peeve about some of these folks, is when they waltz in professing to be an aged, well-traveled, worldly individual, and then presume that they are entitled to anything at all in a new domain.

"That, by virtue of their word alone, we are to treat them as equals. Or more."
    The Gangrel Deputy shrugs. "Personally, I try to be as amicable as possible, but it does make you wonder what kind of vampires they've been dealing with, that allow them such free reign for nothing at all."

If there's one thing Dillon has learned from a century and a half of less-than-permanent residence, it's that no two Domains are alike. And once you enter another Kindred's territory: all bets are off.

Why then, do so many deluded fools saunter in demanding a handout?

"Everything involves a paper trail, nowadays,"
    he says to Josephine with an acknowledging twist to his smirk. "Literal or digital. On the plus side, mortals have that whole carpal tunnel thing to deal with. At least we're spared that."

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

AotP disabled in Court

PRE

Well, that's probably quite enough moaning about the whole affair.

Dillon notices several more new faces joining the Elysium proper, and how Conner is bringing the matter to his and Sidor's attention. He offers Sidor and Josephine a casual shrug, and a perfectly nonchalant sort of smirk.

"Aaaannnd, duty calls. Excuse me, Bishop Grigoriev, Paladin Powell. I'll take this one."

With a bow of his head, the Gangrel Deputy moves away from his two Sanctified siblings, and off toward the Stairs.

Dillon returns to the main Court Thread

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)

Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.