DISPLAYED
A Girl and Her Dog

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last

Victoria Stamford
    Fisher

Presence ••
    Adamantine Arrow Status •
    Victoria Stamford

"No problem, what kind of guy is this rev'rend?" She paused thinking to herself before continuing, "If I wanted to find him how would I do so? Does he have a church, mission, or is he just homeless the rest of us?"

This rev'rend character sounds interesting and may have some more information about these attacks. I may have to pay the old train yard a visit, Dirge thought to herself.

"He's one a' us, a black dude, 'bout 40 or so, wears dark glasses, carries a cane, has this big ol' mutt with him, name a' Roscoe," Gary says. "He wanders 'round here an' there."

Victoria Stamford
    Fisher

Presence ••
    Victoria Stamford

I may have to pay a visit to this train yard camp after all if no one knows where this rev'rend is now and maybe I'll run into some kindred along the way, Dirge thought to herself. Why were they so hard to find in this city? The neighborhoods usually populated by her kind were mostly empty of activity. Was something happening or did it already?

"I should probably get and try to score some cash before it gets too late. Nice meeting you Jimbo and thanks for the information man, I appreciate it."

Narration:

After she takes leave of the local homeless, Dirge continues seeking out local Kindred, but without luck. Most of the Kine she passes ignore her. A few make cruel comments.

As she walks through a less busy area, she hears a faint but unmistakeable sound from down the alley... someone gasping their last breaths.

Victoria Stamford
    Fisher

Presence ••
    Victoria Stamford

She began to make her way to the source of the sound. While doing so, Dirge listened intently, straining to hear if any others were present in the alley. She had to be quick yet cautious and perhaps she could get something out of this person before they died.

Hopefully whoever is responsible is long gone, she thought to herself.

As she approached she softly inquired, "Is someone there?"

Perception

Dirge and her dog move partway down the alleyway when suddenly Cerberus stops and growls. At the same time, Dirge hears a distinctive sound, that of a body falling upon the ground.

Victoria Stamford
    Fisher

Presence ••
    Victoria Stamford

Between Cerberus’ defensive behavior and the fact that the body was making death rattle before falling to the ground she was positive there was an unknown assailant in the alley. What she didn’t know was if this happened to be what she was looking for or something else entirely.

Hefting her cane, she took up a defensive posture in the direction that Cerberus was looking and spoke, “I know you're there, who is it?” She paused for a moment before adding, “Oh and don’t try anything funny, Cerberus and I are not as defenseless as we may seem.”

"No funny," someone says, from nearer than Dirge would have thought possible without her noticing its approach. "I just finished eating. Sorry I didn't leave any for you and the dog." Dirge notices the man has a Scandinavian accent.

Dirge's finely-tuned senses suddenly detect the odor, from a bit further down the alleyway, of someone's bowels and bladder having voided. As this happens when someone dies, Dirge didn't have a hard time imagining the fate of this one's meal.

Cerberus growls at the Scandinavian man. "You should shut up the dog, or I might want it for dessert," the man snarls in return.

Victoria Stamford
    Fisher

Presence ••
    Victoria Stamford

She stroked the dog's fur and spoke reassuringly to him, "Shhh, easy boy. I think he's ok for now."

She lowered her cane and turned to the man once again, "I'm Dirge and I'm new to town. I take it you're a member of the 'club' too? Are you in residence or new here?" She felt that it was quite likely the man was a vampire, judging from his actions and comments, but she had to be certain.

"Club," he says, chuckling. "Yes, I belong to a club. I have been here for a short time only." After a pause, he says "I haven't noticed you or heard about you. How long have you been here?"

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread