"Hey Richard, it's Michael. Yes."
"I called Reeve Culler, he said he was with the Harpy but that she was busy."

"Oh thank Jesus. I hit a dead end."

"He gave the impression she's be done with whatever it was soon though
"She should be calling soon. So we need to talk about what we want to say."

Yea... yea.
Uh
You know, hey. Madame Natra.

"Natra?" Michael was a little confused for a second.

Harpy Nal- Nat- Nash? Fuck if I know. It was on the announcement.

Then suddenly it hit him. He'd gotten mixed. He'd thought for some reason her last name was Ishani. At teh mention of the announcement though it came back to him "Naetesh."
Oh god that could have been a hell of a blunder to start out with

Oh, right! Naetesh! Or maybe, 'Sincerest apologies, Harpy Naetesh I have an urgent matter to discuss with you concerning court.'
We'd better not throw blame around right now... it'll make us look terrible.

Right. That was going to painful "I say I didn't realize Arnoud wanted me to contact her, then?"

Nooooo
General terms, to the point

Michael was still a little panicked and for once was glad to be talking to Dicky. Of course that was a bad idea.

Like, 'Harpy, the Carthian movement is unable to hold the event at the location we announced'
ummm... 'we cannot avoid this...'
Are we asking for a delay?

"After we already had one? I think that make things worse."
"We could still ask for one and hope it's granted."

Is the only thing we're waiting on the Masks?

"It's the only thing I'm waiting for. It sounded like Lenny was done last time I talked to him."
"But it's the fact that we haven't had the new location announced that is the major concern."
"Or the theme for that matter."

Fuck the theme. Theme'll be Venice

"And we've already had a delay because of Bennet." Michael stopped himself, he was starting to babble.

How were the masks not ready? Did the Planner just screw you over?

"There was a problem with shipping." Michael tried to remember exactly what the company rep had said.

Well then, change in venue then.

"I tried. There aren't any suppliers that have same day delivery that would get them here on time."

OK... Well, uh 'we can't get the old site back, but we have secured a new location.'
'but we must make this announcement immediately because we have failed to inform you sooner, Harpy'
Is any of this sounding OK?

Michael was glad he hadn't made Prefect even more now. The stress made it hard for him to put together coherent thoughts like Dicky was. "Yeah, but that still leaves us not informing her about the theme."

Say we don't have one
flat out, we decorated, we have music, but we don't have a theme

Michael was silent for a second. "So we should contact Lenny and have him take down some of the decorations so that they are more neutral rather than specifically Venice."

Masks or not, Venice is... still nice?

Michael wasn't sure but at this point they didn't have too many choices. "Ok."

um... but we've got to transition, right? Move to the Boon without making things worse

"Ask her to inform the Prince and for telephone numbers for the other leaders so we can tell them about the change in location."
"Then apologize again."

I think we're going to have to talk to the Prince ourselves man.

"Offer her and the Prince Boons for the..." he tried to think of something other than disaster

Well you've got to word it right
Don't apologize, say that we fucked up, say how we plan on fixing it
And say that because we fucked up, we owe them, and we intend to pay the debt, right?

Michael considered "You don't have to take the blame for this," he said.

Er, yea. Never discuss blame
just say, 'Movement cannot do this, Dicky and Michael owe blank.'

"That's not what meant." Michael didn't necessarily like Dicky but he was about to drag someone down because the shit was hitting the fan "You don't have to owe a debt. It isn't your fault."

Screw that. I don't trust you all the way. Gotta make sure debts get paid, and if I can guarantee half that's good enough for me.
It almost sounds like he's trying to lighten the mood

Michael actually smiled. He didn't like it. It wasn't right, but he was pretty sure Dicky wouldn't back down "Ok."

Besides, gives me a right to be all self righteous about it later.
Do you think that covers all of our bases?

"Just about." He wanted to be clear though "So are we chancing asking for a delay or leaving well enough alone?"

Uh... Lenny will kill us if we delay. And we're basically ready, we just need to have them let us tell everyone we're ready

"Alright. That covers everything." Now she just had to call.

before you go, give me a summary real quick, super quick, just bam, bam, bam

"Tell her we need to discuss court."

but super respectful, check

"That we've been unable to get keep the arrangments with the... Cirsco. Fuck what was it called?"

um...

"Monte Cristo Hotel but have secured a new location."

right, Monty Crisko...

"We need to make the announcement immediately since we failed to inform her earlier."

who failed? nonspecific, nebulous we

"If she could provide the contact information of other leaders and heads, Richard and I will owe her a debt."

permission too, permission. and it hinges on...

"The Prince's kindness, generosity and mercy. And we'd owe him a debt as well."

scratch kindness. I've never met a Prince that liked to be called kind
which is, I guess only two counting Mr C. But, still...

Michael a soft "heh" but there wasn't too much emthusiam behind it.

OK. That's probably it, right?

"I'll call you afterwards with some of the contact information."
"Then will come the explaining to the heads of state."
"But that covers the first phone call, though."

I'll take the Dragons and Lance if you take Crone. Those chicks are spooky

"Alright, I'll take Crone, haunt, and daeva."

gangies and wallflowers? Yea, I guess I can deal with that.
Victus and Bluebloods are both Mr C right?

"Right." he hated to admit but he thought Dicky you might be better at talking to the Prince than him right now.

Oh, that sounded like I was volunteering... errr yea, no, that's fine. I met him already, I should be OK.
Send me a text when you've talked to the Harpy? Warn me if we need to skip town?

"Will do."

Bye

"Goodbye for now." Michael hangs up.