Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Research & Development

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

The whole ordeal with Madam Myrah Wells' acknowledgment had taken a large chunk of time from Ith Lazarus' schedule, but upon arrival back to Amber Hill, the night still had a few remaining hours. The ride back was entirely silent, but that is to be expected when dealing with such clinical individuals. The grim sight of Amber Hill grew over the starlit horizon until its massive stone walls filled their view.

Home sweet home.

Harold parked the car at the front entrance, and allowed the two doctors to exit the vehicle before driving away to park. Lazarus looked to Myrah and motioned toward the front doors. "I will be spending tonight and the next couple of nights examining the toxin that exterminated so many of us during the Lost Nights. I do believe that is why you came to Sacramento. If you'd like to join me, follow."

Without so much as another word the Warden walks into his prison. While walking deeper into his home, he takes out his pager and sends a message to his other ghoul, Dr. Charles Wilson, and tells him to report to the Autopsy Room; the message would no doubt be waking the poor man up far earlier than his day shift would ever require him to.

The moans and screams of the tormented souls behind the locked doors only seemed to intensify as Lazarus walked through the halls. Soon he came to the basement level, his level, and walked to his surgical room to prepare for the research to come.

Myrah Wells
    Myrah Wells

NOS
    PRE

Myrah nods. If it were not for the toxins, I would not even be here. She though as she followed, making an effort to mentally block out the constant screams and moans of patients.

Even after so long, you never really get used to it. At least the ambience has improved somewhat without specters mucking about.

It's not much longer until a knock at the door to the surgical room is heard and Dr. Wilson arrives. It's evident that he is up far earlier than he'd normally be, and is not too happy about it. Lazarus motions for him and Myrah to enter further into the lab.

"We are left with only one subject now." The Warden says as he unzips the body bag containing his other deceased ghoul. "So, Doctors, where do you propose we begin?"

Myrah Wells
    Myrah Wells

NOS
    PRE

Myrah studied the body, looking over details. She didn't notice anything amiss right away, but then again she wasn't looking for body wounds or skin legions.

"Blood has been sampled I take it? If so we should prepare this one for autopsy and extract the heart and some of the major and lesser arteries."

Dr. Wilson only nodded in agreement with Dr. Wells; he knew better than to disagree with the Warden's guest. Lazarus considered Myrah's suggestion for a moment to himself. I have already examined the heart, but perhaps she will notice something I missed.

"Yes, blood has already been sampled, and I have already examined the heart of my other former ghoul," He said with some distaste. "and have recorded my findings over there." Lazarus points to a filing cabinet against the wall. "However, perhaps your areas of expertice can shed some new light on my findings."

While Myrah takes the time to consider the previous research's notes, Ith wheels over a tray with an array of surgical implements sitting on it. With acute precision he begins to slice down the chest, flaying it open, and then attaches the device to crack open the ribs. The sickening crunch of the rib cage breaking causes Wilson to flinch and look away.

"Whenever you're ready, Madam Wells."

Myrah Wells
    Myrah Wells

NOS
    PRE

While Dr. Lazarus started opening the dead ghoul, Myrah took a few moments to glance over the Wardens notes. "Hmmm..." Crystallization of blood inside the ghouls bloodstream and heart. "Interesting." She didn't get a chance to go into detail of the notes when she heard the Doctor call her back.

Myrah peered into the chest cavity, activating her Heightened Senses to get a better look at the heart and to check for any exterior damage.

Roll Wits + Medicine or Science for Myrah at -2 penalty

Myrah Wells
    Myrah Wells

NOS
    PRE

Medical

Narration

Myrah notices several spots on the external surface of the heart where the muscle has been penetrated, apparently from the outside. The perforations are very small, of the same size a very, very fine hypodermic needle might make, but not quite as regular in circumference as one would get from such a needle.

Myrah Wells
    Myrah Wells

NOS
    PRE

"There appears to be external damage to the heart, similar to needles but not quite. This is...Unusual to say the least." Myrah said as she pulled away and faced the doctor.

"Was this similar to the other one exactly? I only had a cursory look at your notes after all."

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread